Addons not starting

Hi all,
I’ve the same problem after restoring from backup, but I’m not able to delete the v2.db because Terminal & ssh is not working. Do you have any ideas?

1 Like

Tried it - nothing happened.
Did you directly restart after? Or could you just start them after deleting the file?

Hi everyone. I see this issue is marked as solved, but I have the same issue after restoring from backup: my addons are running (no errors in the log) but their web-UI interfaces are inaccessible and i’m prompted to start the (running) addons.
Deleting the v2.db file did nothing. Does anyone have any other ideas?

3 Likes

Finally working for me.

I first deleted the v2.db and restarted HA but that didn’t work or at least was not sufficient.

Then the day after I coincidentally figured out that after I completely shutdown the HA (Settings > System > Hardware > press three dots > shutdown Hardware), unplug power cable and back in after some seconds to trigger the HA to boot up again. Now I had to login again and the new add-ons were all working.

The difference with the regular reboot is that I had to login again which was not the for a reboot as it then goes automatically to the main page of HA.

Before deleting the v2.db I think it’s worth to first try the shutdown procedure above as I don’t know exactly what was the trigger to have it working. Maybe a simple log out/in is already sufficient!

62 Likes

Yeah I did a full restart directly afterwards.

2 Likes

Yes, now working fine also for me.
Thank you!

1 Like

Your solution works fine for me. No need to remove v2.db :slight_smile:
Thanks.

2 Likes

Yes! Thx.
Your solution works fine for me as well.
No need to remove v2.db also.

1 Like

Good news: a power cycle reboot solved it.
Bad news: I have pattern baldness from pulling clumps of my hair out.

THANK YOU !!!

2 Likes

Same here. Turning off and on solve problem.
Thanks!

Yes, it worked. But you lose all your historical data like energy consuption. Not a good solution for me.

This solution worked for me also. The deletion of the whole database is not a good solution.

The deletion of the database was never a solution.

That is the trick :heart_eyes:

thanks, it works

Had to do full reboot as well. Simple logout procedure didn’t work!

Bad timing on my end - was upgrading to NUC now and all went to s…t.

Thank you for that!

Went through the same nightmare just now after a full restore on my Rpi4. A full restart (System–> Hardware → three dots up right → Restart Host) did the trick for me too know. While I see how that should be good practice anyway, it should just be included in the process of running a full restore HA-wise.

4 Likes

Thanks for this solution. Worked for me as well. Without deleting the DB.

And I also plugged out a couple of hair before everything back on track.

Alexandre

This worked for me too! No need to unplug the device

This should be marked as the real solution. Worked for me as well!