Addons not starting

Had the same problem (with Terminal & SSH).
Powercycle solved it.

Thank you! This worked for me too, I was having the same issue after moving from SD to SSD & restoring a backup, none of the add-ons showed the were running. The complete shutdown, unplug & restart made everything work again for me, without deleting that database file, thank you!!!

I have been trying to get this to work on and off for about 2 weeks now.
Thank you. This worked

How crazy that this happened to so many of us with this latest update. Fortunately, the way I operate when I do updates is like this:

I have 2 micro USB cards on my rpi. I load the current running OS on the spare stick using balenaetcher, download the backup and restore to the new card. Once it’s installed, I perform all the updates. I keep the old card with the previous HA version in my drawer until the following month, and then just repeat the process.

I had an OS update, so it constituted a full reboot, which DID work.

Good luck everyone!

1 Like

thank you! that solved it for me as well!

I had the same issue when I restored my HA with a backup using the Google Drive add-on.
All new installed add-on did not work. I resolved the issue by just restarding the host:
settings → system → hardware → restart host

Thanks, turn it off and on again! but only this way so dam simple shame reboot did not do it.

Best you post a proper report then.

sir. You have just saved my butt. Simple yet brilliant

This really worked for me. Thanks

For people who click “Solution” and “Replies” on the post. You should not delete the V2.db file. There is an better way described further down on this topic. Link for it: Addons not starting - #45 by GitBasHub

I am experiencing the same issue. restored backup from 1 day ago (Oct 7, 2022)
deleted v2.dv as suggested but nothing …
please let me know if you figure this out.

The fix for me was unplug & plug in my Raspberry Pi from the power (hard reboot).

1 Like

I hope you used the software to halt it first.

It worked for me too. Just restored backup on virtual machine, running on Synology NAS. After VM was safely shutdown like @GitBasHub described, then started manually from Synology Virtual Machine Manager, all integrations restored as well! Thank you! :+1:

Worked for me (i didnt delete the db file)! THANKS a lot!

1 Like

This absolutely should be marked as the solution @dowermyr

i deleted the db file first, which didn’t work. Then I reloaded the backup and went on to do the shutoff as suggested by @GitBasHub. Worked like a charm!

No, a post that claims deleting of the database is part of the solution should not be marked ad a solution. Stop spreading this bulldust

I have the same problem here, but can’t get it fixed.
I’ve cleaned up node red in the config dir and config/componets dir.
Cleaned up node red integrations, uninstalled node red, did a system shut down with fresh login, reboot afterwards and the installed a new version of ned red, followedd by another reboor and a restart, but still getting the same message… I’ts dirving me crazy. My automations are out for allmost a week now…

Any other suggestions?

Home Assistant 2022.10.3 Supervisor 2022.10.0
Operating System 9.2
Frontend 20221010.0
Node red version 13.4

I did not delete my DB

Any help would be appreciated, before this everyting was running smooth! Now returing to an older backup (3 days or 3 moths before) keeps trowing the same error.

Logs please