Addons not starting

Dude, chill, that’s exactly why I said the post by GitBasHub should be marked as the solution, where he said not to delete the db, but to do a proper shutdown

1 Like

This solution worked for me! No need to delete the DB. Thank you.

Thanks for pointing me again to the logs, had searched before but no specific info.
This time i forgot to setup node red propperly (ssl of + credentials)
Node red working!

Thanks a lot!

Thank you very much! I had the same issue today after restoring a full backup.
Don’t delete your databases!

Been try to fix this issue for two days after fresh restore.
Thank you!

Just had this issue. A forced restart (disconnect from power, reconnect) seems to have fexed things

Noooo …

This is the only solution, please make this post the solutions post, because the solution is now 43 post away from the first comment.

I have done my best to clarify that the marked solution is incorrect, fortunately my post is just below the incorrect solution, so hopefully people will see mine too. Addons not starting - #17 by nickrout

1 Like

@nickrout confirm your solution is the correct one. Had this issue after migrating to a new VM on a new server. Thanks !

1 Like

I deserve no credit, @gitbashub posted it in post 45, I am just trying to point people to his solution rather than the one marked as the solution.

2 Likes

Thank you!
Yes, now working fine.

To all others that still have a problem with add-ons not starting. In my case the solution was to restart the machine by going to Settings->System->Hardware then three dots in the upper right corner and Shut down system. Turn it back on and wait. This solved my problem without deleting the database.

doesnt solve all cases, most importantly (to me) is mine, this doesnt fully fix the issue.
the pi goes into bootloop, booting to report issues with addons and then rebooting. Backup and Restore has issues, serious issues that you cannot relie upon during a failure and subsequent rebuild.
ive rebuilt my system 20+ times now. I built a hassos vm and restored the backup with no issues but it wont restore to a buster/docker container supervisor version or a hassos version on a raspi 3b+
the main will restore, as soon as i restore 1 addon, failures and bootloops.

Yes, the hardware restart worked for me too! Thanks!

This worked for me.

Yes solution is that HARDWARE shutdown/reboot. I have mine on a VM and I did a shut down and restarted it and bingo! Thank you so much!

Don’t delete v2.d. Just reboot your system as described here https://community.home-assistant.io/t/addons-not-starting/450322/77?u=gatonero

Thanks the shutdown worked for me

A hardware reboot as Nick pointed out worked for me.

1 Like