🔥 Advanced Heating Control

1. Navigate to Helper section
  2. Create a Template Sensor
  3. Paste this into template field and type in your weather entity:
{{ state_attr('weather.forecast_home','temperature') }}

//EDIT: But you can also have a look into your integrations. Maybe the sensor is simply disabled.

//EDIT: But forgot. You can also select your weather entity. No need for the outside sensor.

1 Like

@panhans is this sufficient or do you need something else?

This should work. Your climate gets calibrated using the offset entity in the default logic like my thermostats.

Many thanks @panhans extremely helpful

1 Like

thanks. I currently use generic calibration, is this correct?
Its not so easy to decide if one not know how cal. works.

I am still not sure about interaction between cal. and aggressive mode.
The latter would help the TRV to close so i know the boiler can be switched of if its warm in all rooms.

If your integration provides an offset entity there is no need for generic calibration.

But wait. Your’re right. Since I changed the adjustable aggressive mode I have to make some changes if it comes to the combination.

I use this external thermometer which the integration adds as current_temperature to the TRV for displaying in climate card…

You need two temperature sensors. One next to your thermostat that is mapped to your climate entity. And a 2nd in the room as reference for the calibration.

//EDIT:

I reorder generic calibration and aggressive mode. First the new target will be calculated by aggressive mode and then the calibration offset will be added on top of the target temperature.

How would generic cal function with no internal temp?
Couldnt the setpoint temperature be used?

That’s why you need a 2nd sensor next to your thermostat.

Then i will try with aggressive mode and manual calibration. Currently i change it if its warm enough but still heating.

Hi @panhans,
I just wanted to get back to say that all Danfoss issues are now gone by me. After the update you mentioned there were still some small hiccups, but after some subsequent update they disappeared and now it’s all OK.

Now I’, going to buy you some coffee :-).
And I would suggest everybody who you helped should do the same – if a friend came to your house and debugged your heating, wouldn’t you at least buy them a coffee?

Thanks again, pal!

2 Likes

I would totally sign that. @panhans is taking care of every little problem or questions I have had. If its perfectly working or not (on my end it is), this project is totally worth it. I’ll also be refilling the coffee soon.

1 Like

edited: problem sat in front of screen :flushed:

1 Like

So after a lot of “try and error” and understanding at least a bit more i managed to fix the calibration issue (it seems so far). I had to modify the zha quirk for my thermostat.

I have _TZE200_h4cgnbzg and _TZE200_yw7cahqs devices and using this quirk (trv_saswell.py)

What i did you can read here (another user with a similar question for this device):

But after a few hours i already see the calibration and offset values finaly match and are in the range the device can handle. Not sure it’s the most elegant solution and not sure it has no side effects i don’t discovered yet :wink:

At least i got sensible calibration / offset values between 0 and -2 now and no extremes like -20°C (instead of -2.0°C) anymore. Still not sure the device itself doesn’t mess it up with internal calibration functions. The AHC v4 blueprint seems to work fine so far. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

:fire: Advanced Heating Control v4 RC1 :fire:

READ BEFORE UPDATE

Hey, guys!

I will update the test version of v4 now. This is the first release candidate. But there are some breaking changes:

• this version supports the new proximity integration. You don’t need to select an entity for this. Just define some persons, select them in your proximity service and select the zone of your proximity service
  • some tweaks and options got some new selectors in order to bring more structure in this mess of UI. I recommend to resetup your automations. At least you have to tick your tweaks and options again. Sorry for this!

Thank for your help, debugging and making this piece of blueprint reliable for everyone.
It feels like a fight against standards and faulty devices. But the main thing is that it works in the end and your apartments are warm and maybe you save a little money, too.

3 Likes

UI is much nicer/ understandable now.
Only for heating plan (i use scheduler) the optional options are not clear from the example.

I had to look twice to recognice the eco leaf icon with this lines arount on dark BG.
Maybe the little 2-leaf-plant is easier to spot.

1 Like

Thanks for the ideas. I will check this.

Heating Plan / Adjustments will get a little overhaul next:

• multiple day filter
  • scheduler filter
  • comfort temp setter
  • eco temp setter
1 Like

can you add switch for extarnal boiler etc. i am using sonoff thermostats my rooms i have dry contact on my combi and i have sonoff trvbz on my radiators. i want to use which room needs head trigger dry contact switch and all rooms is get heat dry contact off

You want to turn on the switch if any of the automation starts heating? Is this correct?