🔥 Advanced Heating Control

Yes, you need to setup one automation per room if your rooms have different requirements.

Would that be a feature that I could request to be added?

Thats too complicated to summarize everything in one automation. For example it would be a mess to assign the calibration sensor. The most entities are room dependent. So it makes more sense to setup one automation per room. That’s also an advantage of blueprints. :wink: Or did I misunderstood something?

Yeah, I understand it might be a bit to specific for this automation, which includes a lot of options already, that might interfere with each other. I think I can implement this in node-red for myself by temporary disabling the automation while ventilating, if I am the single use-case then that should be enough.

@stephanschleichstr13
My AC does not have this…would have been nice. They just recommend you do it manually.

panhans,
Somehow I do have an issue with the heating and I am a bit confused what the issue might be:

I am still using Meross thermostats for water based floor heating. I have the Meross App installed, but the devices are with HA via Meross LAN custom integration. The calibration in your heating control is done via Netatmo Modules or Awara Temp/Humidity Sensors. It seemed to be working fine.

Today I realized that the temperatures of several thermostats are off the charts. For example living room showed 32 degrees, the floor was warm, heating not activated, Netatmo showed 25 degrees. In the meantime temperature dropped down to 20, heating activated for a while. I then just installed your newest blueprint for that room (used v4.0 before). Even the temperature graphs are weird. Looks like something happend last night, stuff was not available for a short time and after that nothing is right:

Any idea what that could be?

EDIT: Same problem with the newest Version of the Bluprint. Strange thing is: The Meross App and device show 35 degrees and “not heating” the device itself in HA shows 20 degrees and “heating” and the according Netatmo device for calibration is on 26 degrees. Weird.

Hmm… Your calibration sensor shows 26°C? Is this the real room temperature or is there an issue with it? Maybe it heats up in a certain local spot maybe because of a dark surface?

A graph plot with your climate entity, calibration entity and the external sensor would be helpful.

It feels like the calibration together with the agressive mode doesn’t work properly. I have to monitor it further, Has anybody had a similar issue?

Yes, the calibration sensor showed 26 degrees. Real Room Temp. was 26, I believe. It was def. very warm but not 3x degrees.

I was able to fix the issue though: I restarted the Meross LAN integration and the calibration values changed to the correct ones after that. I still do not know what caused this issue, but it works - for now. Thank you @panhans!

1 Like

@panhans

I’ve been using your Blueprint for several months now and it works really well! I switched from 4.0 RC to 4.2.5 a few days ago and since then I’ve had a problem with calibrating the thermostats. The heating mode display is now higher than the set static comfort temperature - has something changed with the new blueprint?

My setup:
AVM FRITZDECT 302 radiator controller in every room
SwitchBot thermometer in every room
Configured blueprints for each room with Calibration Temperature Sensor (SwitchBot Thermometer) and Generic Calibration as the FRITZ!DECT 302 do not have their own entity for calibration.
Calibration Delta 0.5 degrees

Current status:

Study:
Static Eco Temperature 19 degrees
Static Comfort Temperature 22 degrees
Room temperature (SwitchBot) 22.0 degrees
Heating mode 22.5 degrees
Current temperature (of the heating 22.5 degrees)

Kitchen:
Static Comfort Temperature 20 degrees
Room temperature (SwitchBot) 21.6 degrees
Heating mode 22 degrees
Current temperature (of the heating 24 degrees)

Bedroom:
Static Eco Temperature 17 degrees
Static Comfort Temperature 17 degrees
Room temperature (SwitchBot) 20.7 degrees
Heating mode 19 degrees
Current temperature (of the heating 23 degrees)

Living room:
Static Comfort Temperature 22 degrees
Room temperature (SwitchBot) 21.8 degrees
Heating mode 22.8 degrees
Current temperature (of the heating 22.8 degrees)

The calibration seems to me to set too high temperatures, because although the desired static comfort temperature has been reached or exceeded in three rooms, the preset temperature of the radiator controllers is set too high. I have only noticed this since switching to 4.2.5.

I got this behaviour now:

The target temperature has not been reached yet. But the automation decided to set the valve to 16 degrees.

I am using calibration and the aggressive mode

Here is the trace:

Could you execute following steps:

1. Change the temperature of your valve manually (device itself or home assistant)
  2. Trigger the automation so the values of your thermostat gonna be changed
  3. download and share the trace (you can also search in the trace for “changes:”. This entry shouldn’t be empty)

Could you also share the value of your external temperature sensor. I don’t log the values atm. And you’re not using wrapper like better thermostat, right?

The value of the external temperature sensor: 20,65 °C
grafik
I did use better thermostat in the past but not anymore.

Here is the trace you asked for:

What i did:

1. Set valve to 23 °C
  2. Triggered automation manually
  3. Valve is back to 16 °C

Thanks for your support!

Ah, forgot. Could you also check the local temperature of your thermostat? I need to expand my logging a little. :smiley:

I will have a look in your trace but also put in the values into a jinja code snippet that calculates the new temperature. So what I additionally need is the temperature of the calibration sensor (20.65 in your case) and the temperature of your climate entity (not target temp but the measured one).

1 Like

Okay, i’ll redo it :slight_smile:

What i did:

1. Set valve to 23 °C
  2. Triggered automation manually
  3. Valve is back to 16 °C

The sensor values are:
External: 20,7
Internal: 22,2
grafik

The trace:

Target temperature: 21°

Aggressive Mode Range: +/- 0.5°C
Internal Temp: 22.2°

Target Temp - Internal Temp = - 1.2
→ Aggressive Mode On
→ Target Temp - Aggressive Mode Offset = 21°C - 5°C = 16°C

The logic works as expected but you’re right: I did a mistake: If there is an external temperature sensor this should be taken for temperature calculation instead of the internal one. (like calibration did)

I also use aggressive mode but with native calibration so the internal temperature of my thermostats are adjusted.

1 Like

@panhans
do you have any ideas about my calibration problem described above or do you need more information?

Thanks for your blueprint and support!

I think i had yesterday also a generic calibration problem, in my oppinion the offset was 1°C to low, but i wanna check it today again. Trace follows later If persistent

Hi panhans,

I really like your blueprint and I am testing it actually for one of my climate controls (FritzDECT 302 module).

I configured a schedule for the bathroom and it started heating to comfort temp at the desired starttime (just to let you know: there is not more schedule defined in the SmartHome-section for this device in the FritzBox).

But now, about 20 minutes after endtime of heating period, it is still in heating-mode (comfort temp). I can not see what the problem is - in the logs it seems to be ok:

It won’t stop heating and I tested a few tweaks already but it won’t go to eco temp again.

Can you please help me finding out what could be the matter?

Thank you in advance for your support!

So I think something is wrong with the Generic Calibration - I currently have a temperature of 23.2 degrees in the living room and if I set the Blueprint in the room to 22 degrees static Comfort Temperature, both thermostats are set to 24 degrees although the target temperature has already been exceeded - I have to lower the static Comfort Temperature to 18 degrees so that the room doesn’t totally overheat…
I have attached the trace log of the relevant blueprint…

here is my trace.
in my oppinion the generic has a to low offset, but im not 100% sure if i calculate it right