🔥 Advanced Heating Control

@dvdh1979 Could you provide a trace log? (Just have a look in the first post of this thread)

@MikeDeltaHH I will have a look into your issue later since I am in holidays right now. Maybe I’ll get some time in the evenings.

@stephanschleichstr13 I also will check this. :wink:

2 Likes

Info: i testing a little bit, im using the agressiv mode the first time, and im dont know if this is right, but when i use it, he subtract the offset from the comfort temp, i think here is a mistake, maybe from the invert function for AC.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot and happy holiday! :slight_smile:

1 Like

don’t forget, that the AVM devices have a delay of about 15min!!! The problem here is the DECT protocol, this receives and send singnals only every 15 minutes!! Can you check whats happen if the heating time ends or starts in HA and after this you press the “OK” button on the AVM 302? If it than changes the values everything is fine and depends on the DECT protocol, if not something else is wrong;)

1 Like

Hey @panhans could you please check if there is a little mistake in the threshold of the external temperaturesensor.
I have add to all my automations an external sensor (everywhere the same). I set several thresholds (18, 19 nad 20). Normaly all worked fine, if temp rises heating goes off. Today i figured out, that there is a difference between the threshold i set and the temp of the external sensor of about 1° !!! So if i set the value to 18 the automation reacts if the external sensor reaches 20, if i set 20, the automation reacts if the external sensor reaches 21! In the other direction is the same! So can you check this please!?!..otherwise i had to adjust the threshold :wink:

1 Like

Hi @tco95ttocs I also noticed this a while back 🔥 Advanced Heating Control - #1044 by panhans, after a bit of checking I worked out that there needs to be a difference of 1 deg between the threshold (set in your automation) and the actual outside temperature. So in my case setting the threshold at 12 for instance holds the heating off at 13 and above.

2 Likes

Thanks for your investigation. Just be a little bit more patient. I will have a look into the issues at the end of the week.

2 Likes

Hi,
I just want to confirm whether I correctly understand the blueprint.
I have set a scheduler and a “Presence Sensor / On/Off-Entity”.
My expectation is that if the on-off entity is false and the scheduler is on that the heating is off. Is that correct?
Because currently I see that the heating turns on and off based on the scheduler but it completly ignores my input_boolean entity.

1 Like

everythig is fine…there is no hurry in this case…

1 Like

Hi, since Update to Core 2024.5.0 there a many Logs with Errors…

Logger: homeassistant.components.automation.ahc_badug_v4_2_5
Quelle: components/automation/__init__.py:669
Integration: Automatisierung (Dokumentation, Probleme)
Erstmals aufgetreten: 19:13:38 (43 Vorkommnisse)
Zuletzt protokolliert: 20:01:00

Error rendering variables: ValueError: Template error: int got invalid input 'None' when rendering template '{% if input_mode_outside_temperature != none %} {% set state = states(input_mode_outside_temperature) %} {% set state = iif(is_number(state) == true, state, state_attr(input_mode_outside_temperature,'temperature'))%} {{ state | int <= input_mode_outside_temperature_threshold | int }} {% else %} {{ true }} {% endif %}' but no default was specified

I dont Unterstand whats wrong. My AHC Version is 4.2.5

oh my mistake, the outside temperature is missing from the blueprint

1 Like

No, it toggles between eco and comfort temperature. Heating off means the thermostat is completly closed. If you want to achieve this just enable the tweak off instead of eco

Just pushed an update in the dev version.

FIX: threshold for weather temperature
FIX: current temperature for aggressive mode is now mapped to the state of external temperature sensor if generic calibration is enabled
REF: global factor for switching values depending of cooling/heating

I was wondering if there was a way to introduce an optional liming protection to this. As far as I remember “a better thermostat” has something like that where each TVR regularly fully opens and closes regularly to prevent the valve from liming. Especially during non heating period in summer this would be a nice addition to the blueprint. It does not need to be multiple times a week or even day, I think once a month would be sufficient. So I wonder how this could be integrated?

i made a simple automation that activate the “Force Max Temperature” for a few minutes.

1 Like

Never had this problem myself but as @Mar1us says the “Force Max Temperature” function would solve this easily enough.

Yes, it’s possible. I thought every smart thermostat has this protection build in. I will put this on the feature list.

Hey! Do I understand correctly that scheduler and thresholds are only there for heating and not for cooling? I have set up this great blueprint with a scheduler and was surprised that the moment I closed my doors, the airco turned on to cool regardless of being outside of the scheduler.

Hi, it should also work with cooling. Logic ect. is the same. Some calculations needed some edits (fixed in current dev version).
If you encounter some problems a short explanation and a trace log would be great. I think an automation for cooling also needs other requirements, e.g. comfort temp is lower then eco temp, maybe you want to turn the AC completely off instead of cool down to eco…

1 Like

Panhans, I have an idea for improving the blueprint regarding split ACs in the same room as normal heating.
I think it would be nice if there would be an outside temperature range instead of just below a certain temperature. Because the split ACs are awesome for heating in the interim period, but not necessarily below 0/-5°C. Hence for that AC entity I would like to have the option "heating between 5 and 16 degrees outside " and for the heating in the same room “heating below 5 degrees outside” :slight_smile:

What do you think?