Advice how to load sensor info from Plugwise Anna thermostat web interface XML

A question: is there anyone that has a legacy Anna that is still on firmware 1.8?

Does zeroconf-discovery work with the HA Core Plugwise component, in Core v0.113?

Hey,

I am trying to install the latest version 0.6.0 of the plugwise beta component.
As stated in the release notes, I removed the repository from HACS and tried to reinstall it.
I am getting a red piece of text before the installation modal disappears.
In the logs I can see that that message is: “No content to download”
I also tried to remove the integration. That didn’t fix the problem unfortunately.
How do I install the latest version of the component?

Mm apparently I had to restart Home Assistant after removing the repository in order for it to install again.

Ok, thanks. I’ll add this info to the release notes.

1 Like

just reporting the modulation icon is still incorrect, using HA 114 now and the core integration. hasn’t this been merged yet: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/36669 and https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/36815

Apparently not. The HA devs are small in numbers and overwhelmed by the amount of Issues and PR’s.

My advise: switch to plugwise-beta v0.6.0, we’ve modified the code so that it now fully replaces Core Plugwise. If you do, be sure to read the release notes, there will be double breakage :slight_smile:
Hopefully for the last time.

Once Core Plugwise is code-wise “the same” as Plugwise v0.6.0 you should be able to switch back to Core Plugwise by removing the custom_component. No other changes needed.

Anyone else seeing this ( no data)in the Plugwise app itsellf

The html interface does show correct data.

Is this iOS 14?

Of course… there is no data in HA either…

No, all working here.
Maybe a firmware update is ongoing?

I’ve seen something similar on my Anna.
For me the display of the Anna was completely empty, but the app was still working. Also Home Assistant was able to control the Anna.

(So it is like opposite to your situation.)
I contacted Plugwise support. I think the support is pretty good.
After opening a support connection, they were not able to figure out the exact problem on my device, but found some level of database corruption on the Smile database.
They advised me to reset to factory defaults and reconnect the smile to my wifi network.
After taking these steps I haven’t had an issue.

My advise would be to contact Plugwise support. Even though they may not be able to fix the immediate problem, it is good that they know about issues in their software and who knows, maybe they can fix it directly :slight_smile: .
Otherwise they will advise you to do a factory reset.

Hope this helps!

Thing is , this Anna is in a room I hardly visit :wink:

I went to have a look at the device itself and after it woke up, the connection to the App and HA was restored.

Hope it will stay alive from now on , maybe it was because all devices had seen updates: Ha, IOS and Plugwise Anna

Their support is kind of a mixed bag. I have long reported renaming the device won’t stick, they have acknowledged that being a bug, but never fixed it.

I had the same problem. My Tom’s give me the same error ‘waiting for measure’ I have made contact with the Plugwise helpdesk and they have recently updated Tom to a new firmware, Now the problem is solved.

I have a quastion guys

We have a opentherm cv and 4 rooms
All rooms have a zigbee valve that set the temp to 18 degree so our living room ia faster on temprature.

What i want now with anna is that i give every room a temp sensor so when i set bedroom on 21 that all valves close and only the bedroom goes open

Is this possible with anna as main, nodered control and zigbee valves?

I would think so? As long as the valve in the room where the Anna is, is kept closed, you can program the Anna-setpoint to a value that is above the temperature in the room so that the CV starts heating. When the room in question is warm enough, you can lower the Anna-setpoint again so that the CV stops heating.

Intresting this can be changed using a nodered flow?

Automations or node-red, whatever floats your boat :slight_smile: As Bouwe indicates, as long as you ‘request’ the room where Anna is to be hotter than it actually is it will work. But that will require some tinkering with the other valves before you call climate.set_temperature to the Anna.

Apologies for necroing this thread, if I’m in the wrong place I’ll happily take directions :slight_smile:

I have a hybrid setup with an Elga heatpump connected to a Remeha Quinta boiler for central heating, and a Plugwise Anna.
Now the integration in HA only shows when the boiler is heating. When the Elga is working (I’m monitoring its power draw separately) but the boiler isn’t, then the card shows that it’s idle.
Is this a matter of configuration or maybe a limitation of the integration? Anna is connected (using OpenTherm) to the Elga, which is connected to the gas boiler, so I would expect Anna to understand that Elga is ‘burning’ as well?

Many thanks!

Hi Jesse,

I’m not sure but I think the Anna does not support this configuration. The Plugwise Adam does support this configuration, we know this from a different user with such a setup.

We can try to find out: can you share the xml-data from you Smile? Please see the README at the end of this page python-plugwise/userdata at main · plugwise/python-plugwise · GitHub
Also, please create an Issue for this request in this github so we can continue the discussion there.

And, FYI, this is the Plugwise main thread: Plugwise core and custom_component