Airtouch 3 Integration for Aussies!

Australian users with Polyaire Airtouch 3 and later AC control systems would love to have an integration built.

The Airtouch platform already integrates with Google Home and IFTTT so we can currently do a work around using IFTTT. It would be much more usable with a direct integration.

https://www.airtouch.net.au/

We’re with you! I just haven’t been able to get this done.
IFTTT is an easy work around but I would rather a direct connection.
Hoping that Bunny knows the modbus route.

Hi,
I have been working on a local integration and its getting close. Available here is anyone wants to try it out its in current form:

Looks fantastic, you’ve made lots of interesting data available.

I know it’s someone else’s implementation but do you think it would be difficult to integrate this with the AirTouch 4 implementation discussed here?

Hi @spry-salt, I had a look at the Airtouch 4 integration. Airtouch 3 is different enough that a separate integration seemed easiest for me to write.

For now I plan to do a submission for the AT3 integration to be added separately.

Thank you. I think what you’ve done is awesome.

Hi @tonymyatt , i’m really new to the Home Assistant world and i’m trying to get your integration to work.

I have added your airtouch3 folder to my custom components folder and then restarted Home Assistant.

The Intergration shows up when i search for it but when i click to set it up it starts loading but eventually comes up with the Error: Config flow could not be loaded: undefined

What am doing wrong?

Sounds like you are doing everything right. Do you have the full logs details that might have further details on the exact issue.

I hadn’t added API: to my config.

Its working great now, cheers!!

Hi @tonymyatt me again.

I have been having an issue with the integration that i am hoping you can help me with?

I am having problems with what you found during testing in regards to the unit receiving unexpected data and stopping communication.

I have created automations using my Shelly Temp Sensors to control the dampers and the Unit temperature but i am having to make them very complicated to account for the loss of communication.

I have managed to successfully do it but on occasion my home assistant will freeze and restart when i lose communication with AirTouch3.

Do you know exactly what ‘unexpected data’ means? It seems like it just doesn’t like being told to do multiple things at once but i am not 100% sure?

Agree on the mutilple requests too fast. I’d say my poor API code pushes data at the same time, making it appear like rubbish to the unit.

Holidays and coming up soon and I might have some time to see what can be done to improve it.

Tony where can i get a copy of your airtouch 3 intergration. i created my own using the modbus input but found when i sent to many requests for status the unit locked up and would not respond until a reboot. keen to se what you aheived.