Airtouch 4 integration (AUS)

Just wondering if anyone elses configurations has died? My official integration didnt work, so i tried deleting it and going with the HACS version, which also doesnt work :confused:

No problems here. Sounds like some kind of mistake when you changed configurations / integrations. Did you take a backup before you did that? I have Restic take nightly backups of my HA install and push the backup to AWS S3.

Seemed like a user error on my part!

Next question, with the HACS integration, is there any way to set the overall temperature for the device. I dont have ITCs, so there is only one overall control for me.

What’s the point of AirTouch without ITC? I guess if you’re in a static environment it could be ok, but my old ducted system without ITC was hopeless.

The master control does have a temperature control, but it’s not enabled for my system with ITC. I don’t know anything about the other AT4 integration though.

I was investigating airtouch 4 for my new build next year and noticed there is an airtouch 5 being advertised as coming soon.
Airtouch 5

Here’s hoping the api is the same or better.

Anybody have anymore info?

Why have an ITC when i already have zigbee temperature sensors around the house and can do the automation through HA?

I will evaluate the python api tonight. but yeh in essence it would be great to have the master control have a temperature control.

Ah yes, if you want to do a bunch of automation work you can make it work. I only started using HA to help add a bit more customisation to Airtouch4. I’d probably go with ITC for an integrated system.

Airtouch 5 could be interesting. Looks like they’ve added “AI”. I wonder if there’s any value / path in upgrading. Airtouch 4 is fine… well it’s fine once you spend a few months adding more automation using HA. The built in timer and such is really poor, you can’t even change mode or fan settings, and limited to 8 programs. I have about 35 HA automations for the Airtouhc.

Over on the whirlpool forums there are a number of users who have got it already - apparently they are no longer shipping new Airtouch 4 units unless the customer already has one.

No idea on the APIs etc - hopefully they do not change but do fix some of the issues.

The biggest feature seems to be they have brought it up to Android 11 - the rest i can see looks like bells and whistle but not much else

Craig

1 Like

Just following up, whether anyone knows how to set the main temperature for the Airtouch (without ITC controls that is)

Seems like it’s not a common setup. If you look in the developer tools / states you can see what entities and properties you have, from there you can look at services that can manipulate them. If you like you can post a screenshot of relevant entities. Feel free to drop me a message direct if you want some help - I’m not an expert at all but I’ve been playing with HA a lot for a few months.

These are the different attributes / states that are availble for my AC unit. There is nothing in there that allows me to set the temperature.

Looks similar to mine, except my min_temp / max_temp are set to the target temperature.

When I set temperatures it’s on the ITC control rather than the master unit.

action:
  - service: climate.set_temperature
    data:
      temperature: 21
    target:
      entity_id: climate.itc_living

You could try something like this

action:
  - service: climate.set_temperature
    data:
      temperature: 21
    target:
      entity_id: climate.ac_samsung

Figured it out, i cant set the temperature whilst it is ‘off’

1 Like

Is there anything hidden in this integration that can actually tell when the inverter is running? Keen to be able to work out how long it’s actually running for but the state doesn’t seem to be a good indicator of that…

I tend to just set the cooling / heating to maximum, and control the on / off through node-red.

I am not yet using the integration (new build coming next year with airtouch) but I do something similar for my current aircon (Intesisbox on a daikin ducted) using an iotawatt power monitor on the aircon circuit. There are distinct power and pf (power factor) for the running state of the internal and external units.
From that I can tell if the inverter is running, the fan speeds etc.

Is anyone else getting a lot of connection errors? When they happen it doesn’t retry, so for example this morning the heat didn’t turn on. In some of my automations I repeat commands twice to increase the changes they work.

I’ve had 36 of these in the past three days.

home-assistant.log:2022-09-13 05:02:00.145 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] Connection error in receiver!
home-assistant.log:2022-09-13 09:01:09.972 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] Connection error in receiver!
home-assistant.log:2022-09-13 14:30:00.081 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] Connection error in receiver!
home-assistant.log:2022-09-13 16:58:00.047 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] Connection error in receiver!
grep "Connection error in receiver" home-assistant.log | wc -l

New here, New to HA & this Push integration. FWIW I don’t see any “Connection error in receiver” in my HA log. But I also don’t have any automatons yet.

I do have a question on ‘turbo’, Can I turn it on from HA? I have figured out how to turn it off (service call on ITC service climate.set_hvac_mode set to auto) but I am stumped on the how to turn it back on bit. Any ideas?

The error happens for me when I use a dashboard to change modes / temperatures and during automations. I might have to look at the code and see if I can work out some retry functionality rather than throwing errors. My python skills are somewhat basic, but I’ve been writing computer code for 30+ years so I can probably manage :slight_smile: