Airtouch 4 integration (AUS)

I’ve had a weird experience where one of my zones was pumping out COLD air in spite of being switched off through the wall controller. Wanting to track this to recreate, and I was hoping to view the damper position in history, however that doesn’t seem to be available as an entity to view in history - anybody know if there’s a way to track the open % in history to try and track stuff like that down?

Have you looked in the history? The state of my dampers is tracked. If it’s not there, have you disabled tracking the damper state / history somehow?

That’s got the on/off state, but I was hoping to get the open percentage and not just on / off if possible

There’s an entity fan.damper_roomname which has the attribute percentage which tells you how open the damper is. Your entity may be named differently as I tend to rename mine.

1 Like

I also would like to see this – how do you get that graph?

I use Apex Charts (github link, discussion link) to graph the information in the history.

views:
  - theme: Backend-selected
    title: Home
    icon: mdi:home-variant-outline
    badges: []
    cards:
      - type: custom:apexcharts-card
        graph_span: 30m
        header:
          title: Dampers 30m
          show_states: false
          show: true
        update_interval: 15m
        yaxis:
          - id: a
            min: 0
            max: ~30
        all_series_config:
          stroke_width: 2
          curve: smooth
        series:
          - entity: fan.damper_living
            attribute: percentage
            name: Living
            color: '#0091ea'
          - entity: fan.damper_master
            name: Master
            color: orange
          - entity: fan.damper_kids
            name: kids
            color: green
          - entity: fan.damper_guest
            name: Guest
            color: gray
        graph_span: 2h
        header:
          title: Dampers 2h
        yaxis:
        all_series_config:
        series:
        graph_span: 24h
        header:
          title: Dampers 24h
        yaxis:
        all_series_config:
        series:

Thanks - that’s perfect!

Re the frequent errors about disconnections, I found today that if I make the AT tablet not go to sleep - just let the screensaver kick in and the screen dim - it doesn’t seem to disconnect from a Home Assistant perspective. Even when it went to sleep before the tablet continued responding to pings but I guess not all services were active from HA’s perspective.

Try going into the WiFi settings and choosing:

• Treat network as unmetered
  • Privacy: Use device MAC

Not sure if it will help, but it’s worth a shot. If you find any settings around leaving WiFi on when tablet is asleep, obviously make sure it stays on. I only did what I described here and mine works fine on 5GHz.

Thanks. Funny, it still absolutely refuses to connect to wifi if the device MAC is set, it only works with randomized.

This worked a treat, but what I’ve found is that it doesn’t actually get the correct damper position for the spill zone damper - that always reads 0% when spilling even though I can see it is open from the Airtouch controller, doesn’t look like the “actual” value is exposed?

That’s odd. I’d probably look into why that is. Something in your router maybe.

You’re right, it only reports the zone damper position and ignores that it’s opened wider when it’s being used as spill. I guess that’s what comes from the API, but you could read the API docs and find out. I have them somewhere - drop me a message if you want them.

I spoke too soon, it’s still giving those errors occasionally. Maybe it’s because I don’t actively ‘control’ the AC frequently enough from the integration and something’s timing out. Don’t know. It’s just annoying now.

I get them very, very occasionally. Once a week at most. The other thing you could do is a WiFi survery to check there’s not too many different WiFi networks on the same channel as yours - I use an Android app called “Wifi Analyzer” but my router can do it itself too - “automatic channel” or similar.

I think I’ve found a workable solution by using NodeRed to reload the AirTouch configuration every hour.

That seems like a reasonable solution, a bit hacky, but better than nothing.

I remember having to restart some enterprise Java server software every night about 20 years ago as the software platform was so immature and poor that it had horrible memory leaks.

I am about to purchase the AirTouch 5 System with a Panasonic RC Ducted AC. Thank you for sharing this… the Installer Manual has lots of really useful information, and answers a lot of questions.

@tomwaldnz Would I be able to get the API from you?

Yeah, message me your email address, I’ll send it in the next 24 hours, next time I’m on the computer.

I had a ducted Panasonic system but I had it removed. It was really, really loud, indoor and outdoor. Daikin is much quieter. This is in New Zealand, there might be different models overseas that are better. Be careful with Panasonic thought.