Airtouch 5 Integration (Aus)

You champion thank you! Feel a bit silly for missing this but working now

NodeRed is also an excellent tool for automating things in relation to AirTouch. I have a bunch of automations based on time of day, presence, outdoor temperature, and window/door open/close events.

I agree - I do all my automations in Node Red

At ARBS expo in Sydney today, Airtouch has some really cool things coming for these controllers very soon!

3 Likes

really? any photos

Hi mate, this looks like a nicely set up control panel. Which cards did you use to get the zones showing the one line display? Thanks.

An update to existing or new controller?

All updates will be coming for existing controller,

One thing new/seperate but does work with the existing controllers is a IR blaster for split systems.

This is similar to what a sensibo but better!

2 Likes

Very cool I like it when manufacturers donā€™t just stop developing an existing product.

1 Like

Motion/presence sensors, door sensors, intelligent auto are coming very soon also.

1 Like

Iā€™m trying to set up my new airtouch 5 again. It used to show me all my dampers. But recently we added an 8th damper. And it didnā€™t show in home assistant so i tried to remove and readd. And now it shows only the AC and none of the dampers.

Anyone knows how to add back the dampers in home assitant

Are you using the built-in integration, or one of the custom integrations?

The built-in integration only creates climate entities, so if you donā€™t have temperature sensors in the zones you canā€™t control the damper percentages.

Iā€™m using the custom integration. I tried the built in as well. and weirdly enough, it gives me the dampers but without any controls.

Greetings,

This is a big thanks for the AirTouch 5 integration. I am very happy with my AirTouch5 based system (in Adelaide) and the HA integration just make is so much better.

Again, Thanks
Paul

Ok , i had a bit more time. So i did a complete reset of the Airtouch and i looked at the logs in home assistant. There is clearly a bug. It spills out issues for both the sensor and the cover component

Logger: homeassistant.components.cover
Source: helpers/entity_platform.py:366
integration: Cover (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 2:00:19 AM (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:11:18 AM
Error while setting up airtouch platform for cover

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 366, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.shield(awaitable)
  File "/config/custom_components/airtouch/cover.py", line 44, in async_setup_entry
    zone_device = ac_device.zone_device(airtouch_zone)
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/airtouch/devices.py", line 170, in zone_device
    return ZoneDevice(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/airtouch/devices.py", line 127, in __init__
    super().__init__(
  File "/config/custom_components/airtouch/devices.py", line 48, in __init__
    self._register_device()
  File "/config/custom_components/airtouch/devices.py", line 70, in _register_device
    self._device_info["suggested_area"] = self._find_area(suggested_area)
                                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/airtouch/devices.py", line 82, in _find_area
    normalized_name = area_registry.normalize_area_name(name)
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: module 'homeassistant.helpers.area_registry' has no attribute 'normalize_area_name'. Did you mean: 'normalize_name'?

Thanks for the logs and raising an issue.
Please try updating to v0.7.1 of the integration, this compatibility issue was fixed in that release a few weeks ago.

Youā€™re a gem, thank you. It works

1 Like

Hi, are you still offering assistance? My system keeps losing wifi connection and I canā€™t figure out how to fix it. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi mate,

The consoles have an update available for the android part of them to fix the wifi issue.

Best to contact Airtouch and they will have someone come out and apply this update as it is done via a SD card.

If your Brisbane, Sunshine Coast or Gold Coast I could do this for you.

Thanks, Iā€™m in nsw, will contact support