Airtouch 5 Integration (Aus)

Your tablet clearly shows it has no internet connection, it’s even telling you so also. I can go the site with no problems on my devices so it’s something on your end.

1 Like

the tablet can connect to google bing and my own website etc its trying to call home but it cant, i cant even use my local control either on ha

It’s not trying to call home, you’re just trying to access a website. Do you use vpns or do you have the “internet access” button turned off in the Airtouch app settings?
The tablet saying it’s not connected to the internet means something.

i dont have vpns and such but should local accses be affected by this i can no longer control airtouch with ha

update
the 403 fixed it self i can now visit the website and the airtouch can update and talk to home

I am using the Airtouch Custom Integration - is it safe to do the AirTouch console firmware update ?

I haven’t updated yet myself, but the latest version of the integration should be resilient to any potential protocol changes which is what caused the problems last time. I think this update is most likely a re-release of the previous update which has already been tested.

If you want to wait, I plan to update over the weekend since I’ll have time to address any issues.

I can’t remember how I originally installed the Custom Integration for AirTouch5, but it doesn’t appear in HACS - does this mean I installed it manually ?? And if so, how would I update it ? Would it be better to remove it (somehow?) and install it via HACS?

Yes, it would probably be easiest to just remove the manually installed custom integration and then either use the built-in integration (which only provides climate entities) or my integration via HACS (includes many additional features). Both integrations should be working with the latest AirTouch console version.

I think you can uninstall the current custom integration by simply deleting the airtouch5 folder from “custom_components” in your Home Assistant configuration directory.

Custom Integration
Thanks Benjamin,

I deleted the Integration (under Settings / Integrations) as well to be sure-to be sure.
I have updated the firmware in the AirTouch panel, and have all the aircon status coming through the integration fine. However, I have lost the ability to control it (turn it on/off, change HVAC modes etc).

I use NodeRed for my automations. The climate entity for the main unit used to be climate.ac_0. Now it is climate.panasonic (which I have updated).

If all I do to the original Call Service node is change the entity_id from climate.ac_0 to climate.panasonic, it executes without error - but doesn’t turn the AC on as it used to.

I noticed in your readme file, you refer to “ac_mode” (not “hvac_mode”) for the states - so I tried changing the data to “ac_mode”. However, then the call service node gave an error “HomeAssistantError: extra keys not allowed @ data[‘ac_mode’]”

The NodeRed Call Service node that used to work (with the entity changed) is configured like this:

• and the NodeRed debug output with “hvac_mode” changed to “ac_mode” is this:

diags

Having said it was all good - nothing changed after I turned the aircon on this evening - temperatures and damper positions did not update?

I re-loaded the integration and all the values updated.

• and they seem to be updating as expected since the reload
  • and the “lack of control” problem seems to have been solved by the reload as well !

All seems good after the reload - Hopefully things remain as they are :grinning:

1 Like

Glad you got it sorted, hopefully everything works ok for you. Let me know if there’s any other problems.

Everything seems to be going ok for my system after the console update too.

Not a HA question, but I’m sure Smitco knows the answer…

I upgraded my panel to v1.2.1, and I had a quick read of the release notes on the panel before I did so. I thought I saw something about a “defrost warning” to be displayed in the panel - and thought “oh, that will be interesting”.

However, this morning, (quite cold), the system paused twice to defrost the outside unit, but I never saw anything new on the panel indicating a “defrost pause”.

Maybe I misinterpreted the release notes ??

@TheNoctambulist - quick question, is it possible to pass in an external (non Airtouch) temperature sensor into the integration? We are doing a reno and I have a ton of existing Mijia temperature sensors and was going to use those for the upgraded AirTouch system.

Unfortunately not. The AirTouch temperature sensors use a different interface than the public API. There’s no way to inject temperature information into the AirTouch controller via the API.

You would need to use something like the Generic Thermostat or a set of automations if you want to control damper only zones from a seperate temperature sensor.

I read about someone setting up automations for intelligent damper control in the AirTouch 4 thread, so I think it’s been done before (or at least attempted!).

I see i was tagged in this! i can probably explain a bit more about what i have going on.

I got a bunch of Aqara Zigbee Temp sensors around the house. These, generic toggles and generic sliders control the min / max temperature as well as the on / off for each room.

this is all plugged together using Node-Red scripting.

Currently ( and for the past year or so), it all is just pretty basic stuff, when cooling, if greater than max, cool down, if less than min turn off, and vice versa for heating.

I also have it turn on / off fans as well to help the air movement.

I would like to switch it to PID, but havent had the time / effort to do that.

The Airtouch sensors do more than just turn zones on or off and they also control the position of the damper motors.

The temperature sensors are used to decide when the outdoor needs to start and stop, the Airtouch picks data from different sensors at different times to decide this also and you can’t really automate this with node red, the Airtouch is talking to the system itself.

Would be loosing a lot of system control by not using Airtouch sensors and automating what you can with node red.

is airtouch 5 local or cloud based? is it the recommeded smart ducted system for home assistant would you say?

Out of any options available the Airtouch is by far the best control for a ducted system currently regardless of what it does with home assistant. (If the system is installed and setup properly)

Have tried and used them all.