Ajax alarm system

I’ve changed the port to 8158. Same issue. How do you setup logging?

I,ve changed the zone to 1. now the heartbeat works. i need to try and switch the alarm (not now). the moisture says state unknown. earlier it was “dry” immidiatly ??

@eavanvalkenburg Now it worked again for a few days. But ever since i updates to 0.112.4 the heartbeats stopped and the sensor went offline. Is this a known bug or is it my setup.

I,ve changed the port nr to 8158 and using only one zone. All configured in the flow.

I now also get login attempt failures from my router internal ipadres

The first one is from my component, the second isn’t, the first means there is something going on with the CRC calculations, those are built-in verifications of the content to know something was not lost during transit over the network and when those occur that message is ignored because the content might not be correct, but I have no idea why that suddenly starts occuring, I’m doing some stuff on the underlying package and maybe that will fix things, I plan to release that next week, so have a bit of patience.

1 Like

Ok thanks. I’ll wait for that

Shouldn’t it be possible to get information from the sensors with these codes: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-N-RZVS8IiwM5zuw2u4gt8Bx_5xo_JOwuagHJgSJxUw/edit#gid=1495022550

Thanks for that one, I see some small things I can update based on this, but overall, the SIA protocol is passive, it waits for the alarm system to do something and based on the code sent (the SIA Code) the HA component changes a state, according to this setup. I will add FA, FH, KA, KH, KA, KH to that list so better cover the smoke and fire scenario’s. For the rest if your alarm sends a particular code, and it not in the reactions list, it will log that one so you know which one was missed and then you can create an issue so I can review it. So I’m not sure what other information you would expect @Mathias_Jensen?

I was hoping to receive motion detected and door sensor opened, but I guess thats not possible with the SIA protocol unfortunately.

Hi.

Yesterday (12th of July) the firmware of Ajax Hub was updated to OS Malevich 2.8.3. Since then the heartbeats are not working anymore and the status of the alarm system in HA only briefly changes to the new state of the alarm and then to Unavailable or Unknown. I guess Ajax changes something on their side?

I setup a small automation to store the latest alarm state when changed to anything else than Unavailable or Unknown to get around the issue for my own part.

indeed, it is not out of the box, I think there might be a way, but have not tried that myself, but it would involve setting each physical sensor to a zone in Ajax and then arming each of the zones with just door sensors etc, and then having a alarm control in HA for each alarm and then you should be able to see if a door is open, but then maybe your alarm itself will no longer behave normally so I don’t advice it, but you could try!

I’m on Malevich 2.8.3 with HA 0.112.4 and everything works fine, please turn on logging and create an issue here: https://github.com/eavanvalkenburg/sia/issues/new/choose

Hi there!

In the SIA add-on, what should i set in the “account” field ?

Please read the instructions here carefully about that: https://github.com/eavanvalkenburg/sia

Yes sorry, i follow the instructions but still having error:

Code not found, replying with DUH to account: AAA
Home Assistant has started!

I follow all this steps:

1. Select “SIA Protocol”.
  2. Enable “Connect on demand”.
  3. Place Account Id AAA.
  4. Insert Home Assistant IP address.
  5. Insert Home Assistant listening port. 8124
  6. Select Preferred Network. Ethernet
  7. Enable Periodic Reports.
  8. Set Encryption

Ajax hub still showing “Not connected”

If i remove encryption, i have this log:

CRC mismatch

Could you get some additional logging and create an issue here: https://github.com/eavanvalkenburg/sia/issues/new/choose that is a bit easier to debug for me.

Hi,
sorry to bother you again, as you know, Hub is connected to your SIA integration.
Now, the problem is that states is always “triggered”

Here is some logs:

2020-07-15 19:07:28 DEBUG (MainThread) [pysiaalarm.aio.sia_server] Incoming line: 70630037"SIA-DCS"0231L0#AAA[#AAA|Nri1/OP12]_17:07:28,07-15-2020
2020-07-15 19:07:28 DEBUG (MainThread) [pysiaalarm.base_sia_server] Parsed event: Content: #AAA|Nri1/OP12]_17:07:28,07-15-2020, Zone: 1, Code: OP, Message: 12, Concerns: User number, Type: Opening Report, Description: Account was disarmed, Account: AAA, Receiver: None, Prefix: L0, Timestamp: 2020-07-15 17:07:28, Length: 0037, Sequence: 0231, CRC: 7063, Calc CRC: 7063, Message type: Opening Report, Encrypted Content: None, Full Message: "SIA-DCS"0231L0#AAA[#AAA|Nri1/OP12]_17:07:28,07-15-2020..
2020-07-15 19:07:28 WARNING (MainThread) [pysiaalarm.aio.sia_server] Last event: Content: #AAA|Nri1/OP12]_17:07:28,07-15-2020, Zone: 1, Code: OP, Message: 12, Concerns: User number, Type: Opening Report, Description: Account was disarmed, Account: AAA, Receiver: None, Prefix: L0, Timestamp: 2020-07-15 17:07:28, Length: 0037, Sequence: 0231, CRC: 7063, Calc CRC: 7063, Message type: Opening Report, Encrypted Content: None, Full Message: "SIA-DCS"0231L0#AAA[#AAA|Nri1/OP12]_17:07:28,07-15-2020., gave error in user function: Attribute hass is None for <Entity 8124 - AAA - zone 1 - alarm: disarmed>.

I’m available if you want to me some test/logs and maybe open an issue on github.
For information, i use a Hub+ with OS 2.8.3.
It’s strange that i’m the only one to have alle these problems

New release just created v0.3.3:

New package included in this one, other changes:

• Unhandled code now is set as attribute in the heartbeat, and logs INFO, not WARNING
  • Better logging for debug
  • The new package:
    • additional codes for AJAX Systems
    • NULL messages handled as RP

Update done, alarm status shows unknown state
I don’t see any log. Did you change the name of the component ?

EDIT:
All is ok, sorry just wait a couple of minutes.
Again, a big thank you to @eavanvalkenburg for your help and debug!

1 Like

And just release v0.3.4 which is even better, turns our there was a small issue in the way decrypting works, which is now fixed and much more solid!

I just noticed that I’m now also an error with nonetype, so hold off on updating!