Ajax alarm system

Good spot, I will edit my instructions!!

1 Like

Ah! Answering myself. You have used the Space control remote ESPHome hack that was above. I want to try to do something similar directly with the UART module of Ajax which in principle should offer you all attributes of the Ajax sensors directly in HA.

I canā€™t solve the malfunctioningā€¦ :confused:
After the last update, my Ajax Alarm is not synced anymore with HAā€¦it stays on ā€œNot Availableā€.
I didnā€™t change any setting in the config and neither in Ajax Appā€¦the integration is ā€œblockedā€ from 4 days, immediately after the system update.

Where can I find the logs to share and find out what could be the problem?
Thanks!!!

Go to settings/system/log

1 Like

Thanks @kolia

I found an ā€œoverlapā€ between the old SIA custom integration and the new one integrated into the system, causing a conflict. Iā€™ve deleted the old one and everything is working again!!

Thank you very much.

Iā€™m having the same problemā€¦ But i found nothingā€¦

Did you check in HACS->Integrations if you have the SIA integration installed?
I deleted it once I found it still present in the HACS installed integrations. I removed first the ā€œSIAā€ integration in Settings->Devices and services->Integrationsā€¦then I went to HACS->Integrations and removed the ā€œSIAā€ integration.
Restartedā€¦re-installed the SIA integration and everything is working perfectly.

1 Like

Hooo yeah! thank you @Cupra1979 !

1 Like

Hub 2 Plus
HW 82.2.9.10.3.5.1.0
Firmware EU 2.12.1

Yes, I have an encryption key.

Hi

I noticed that control4 has a driver that gives full control over ajax. Anyone able to reverse this?

https://drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/security-systems/ajax-systems/

Has anyone been able to get attributes like Temperature from Hub via SIA?

1 Like

I upgraded to 2022.7.5. No issues.

Mine was working great till the last HA update, the state goes from ā€œunknownā€ to ā€œunavailableā€ tried several times to reconfigure. Im using the SIA Integration, not the HACS addon.

Running 2022.7.6

Ajax FW 2.13.1

1 Like

itā€™s just impossible (not supported). Also you cant receive door sensors and motion detection without arming alarm and alert notification.
All the Ajax SIA messages are listed in their officcial table.

Using SIA protocol, is it possibile to use PIR /door sensors for HA automations when Ajax alarm is disabled ?
How much latency for triggers?

Thank you
Chris

It is configurable. SIA is simply listening on the network for a broadcast message. How often this happens is decided by the unit that does the broadcasting, i.e. the Ajax hub in this case. I think it is 30 or 60 seconds that is the limit in terms of how you can configure the hub. So at least expect 30 seconds delay.

Itā€™s a bit more involved then that, sia doesnā€™t broadcast it sends messages to a specific ip and port, it sends heartbeat messages according to a configurable interval, but other messages, like alarm arming and disarming or triggering, are sent directly and the only latency is in the network and in the HA code so that should be very limited!

Just a matter of wording. My point was: hub sents to home assistant (configured in the Ajax hub), home assistant does not poll. So any latencies or intervals are configured in the Ajax hub. And you cannot configure the interval to be super short.

You typically see sub-millisecond delays on your local network at home, so network latency can be completely factored out here. It is faster than you can blink. I donā€™t see any reason for the code to introduce delays either. Apart from running the actual code, which also takes sub-milliseconds. Yet delays of 30 seconds+ are usually reported. So it must be the Ajax hub not sending quick enough.

Just to update, got the problem solved, removed the integration and re-added, there was probably a problem with the security key

@erik3 @eavanvalkenburg thank you for your answers.

So if ajax alarm is off, home assistant will receive an event for a PIR being activated by movement (within the delay you described, eg. 30secs min.), right?