Ajax alarm system

No, when the alarm is off nothing is sent, I think there are ways to use zones where a zone is always armed that you could get messages about individual sensors but I’m not sure.

Wow this is bad. I was hoping to use PIR and door/windows sensors to trigger my automation.
Currently I was using Xiami sensors but I would like to get a serious alarm system (AJAX)…but now this is stopping me… :frowning:

I’m using Ajax plugin in Jeedom solution and we can monitor door sensor with SIA. Not PIR when alarm is off.
I used integration to test SIA via HASS, and I didn’t found any sensors…
I hust have connecivity, power, zon1, zone2 moisture, smoke binary sensors.
My alarm have ten devices, all PIR or door sensor.
Is there a solution to see them ?

1 Like

The AJAX plugin in Jeedom is AJAX specific and not based on SIA, it uses a cloud component connected to Ajax’s systems so that is not a model that we can run with HA, unfortunately @olivier and I had a look…

Small nuance, they use both Ajax cloud and SIA (with my package :D) but more detailed info comes through cloud, not SIA.

what’s a shame we can’t get the same model with HA…
Turn on or Off alarm with Jeedom is a really great feature.
Get the door sensor state, even alarm is off, is also a great feature.
So the only issue is to keep jeedom for this and link jeedom and HA with MQTT to get AJAX entity in HA and call Jeedom API to switch on/off alarm

Hi all,

I managed to install Sia and talk to my Ajax alarm. The only thing I can’t get to work: I made a few automations that happen when the alarm is unset but when I want to the same when setting the alarm, it does not work. The trigger for unset is [port] [ID] zone 1 - alarm unset but there is no [port] [ID} zone 1 - alarm set. I only see “Arming” and my trigger is not responding to that. Any idea how I can fix this?

I copied the sia folder from the Github repo and did not make any changes to the default init file. Maybe that’s the problem?

Ajax disclose its API to very specific companies. That is why we have to stay to listening SIA protocol. However nice fellows managed to get a space control integrated to HA. Have a look at How to integrate space control. You may use anything that features relays and is able to toogle space control push buttons. I did it and it works very well.

@kolia Thanks for the suggestion, but that is not what I’m looking for. I just want to be able to run automations based on status (armed, disarmed and alarm). So far I have this for disarm and alarm but I can use it when arming the alarm. The trigger is just not right and don’t know how to fix this, Maybe @eavanvalkenburg can give a bit of help?

@mountainbikert: it was a reply to loic69 as you may see in the thread.

Those kinds of states are HA native, have nothing to with SIA integration, however some alarm systems also report arming (the act of arming) and disarming, while SIA only reports the state (armed, disarmed), so I’m not sure why the Device trigger doesn’t have more states, if you use a State trigger you get those possible states, so any transition can be used to trigger then!

@eavanvalkenburg Thank you, just what I needed.

Was een flinke zoektocht, maar nu heb ik veel meer states om op te schakelen.

Dear professionals, please advise a beginner with homeassistant. I have been trying to connect Jeedom to Homeassistant for several days and I want to transfer the Ajax systems plugin to Homeassistant via MQTT and the connection is not working. I have the Ajax module installed and configured, I have the jMQTT plugin installed and Broeker connected to MQTT in Homeassistant, but I still can’t sell information and entities to HA. Can someone please help with detailed instructions on how to do this? I will be very grateful.

1 Like

It is not very clear whether you installed SIA Ajax plug-in in HA. I advise you to use MQTT explorer in order to inspect MQTT traffic and help to troubleshoot the setup.

I have SIA integration installed in HA, but it only displays statuses, it is not possible to control the alarm and does not access other components such as sensors and the like. I desperately need step-by-step instructions on how to implement it, so that all information from Jeedom is sold to me via MQQT, which then does not work for me. In HA I have MQTT Broker and in Jeedom, I have the jMQTT plugin and I have communication set to the broker in HA, but nothing was accessed in HA. I’m completely at a loss, I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, and I’d appreciate any help.

Can someone help me please? I can’t move from my place.

I can’t listen to MQTT topic from Jeedom in homeassistant. I don’t know where I’m doing wrong anymore

As it is explained in many places in this thread, SIA Ajax for HA only listens to events. You cannot control the alarm with it. Since you’ve got jeedom installed that can control the alarm, you may define by yourself an alarm MQTT control panel in order to interact with jeedom. MQTT alarm control panel.

I know that, that’s exactly why I bought Jeedom, but I can’t connect HA with Jeedom via MQTT, that’s my basic problem, that’s why I can’t run the MQTT Alarm panel. I have no idea where I’m making a mistake, I have Broeker HA set as the main Broeker in Jeedom. In Jeedom it says that it is online, but I simply cannot transfer MQTT commands between the two platforms. I’m a complete novice, even MQTT is new to me and that’s why I’m trying to find an exact guide somewhere on how to implement Ajax in HA via MQTT, but I didn’t find anything other than this thread, so I apologize for my inexperience, but I just can’t master it without help. Would anyone be willing to help me or know of a tutorial that would help me? First of all, thank you very much to anyone who wants to help.

Have you setup an MQTT alarm control panel in HA? What is your code? Have you installed MQTT explorer in order to analyse traffic? What jeedom expects to be controlled?