Ajax alarm system

Yes, if I understood it from this discussion, I have this code in configuration.yaml.

mqtt:
alarm_control_panel:
state_topic: “ajax/alarmstate”
command_topic: “ajax/alarm/set”
payload_disarm: “DISARMED”
payload_arm_home: “NIGHT_MODE”
payload_arm_away: “ARMED”
#code: !secret code
code_arm_required: false

I installed the explorer, it communicates with the HA broker, but it doesn’t work with MQTT Jeedom, apparently it’s because I have Jeedom installed on the Synology NAS and it’s on port 9080, so 1883 probably doesn’t work, but that’s just my guess, I don’t know if that’s the case Yippee. I cannot connect to the Jeedom Broker, but I have an HA broker set up in Jeedom for communication, and the communication is functional, but I cannot transfer communication from Jeedom to HA. I would like to get everything that is possible in this connection into HA. And according to what was written here, the alarm control works, the door and window sensors can be selected, and I don’t know if motion sensors are also available, if so it would be absolutely amazing. Please take me with a grain of salt, as I’m explaining everything, I’m really a complete novice and it’s possible, or almost certain, that I often understand things differently than they are.

It is very hard to understand what is going on since too many different details are given. We have to concentrate on one thing and move forward step by step. Also when code is written in the thread uses the code widget in order to make sure there is no issues with indentation for instance.
From what is said it seems there are two MQTT brokers. There should be only one. What is the status?
So basic question: what is the exact function you want to achieve? Arm/disarm from HA and get it received by jeedom to get is processed?

I apologize for the fact that I don’t know English very well and I use a translator, so you may say many things differently than they are. I’ll try to explain it more precisely. I have a broker on HA to which Jeedom is connected using the MQTT client. And if possible, I would like to control Ajax like this. Arm / Disarm / Night mode and according to what I read, it should be able to receive information from door and window sensors, and perhaps also motion sensors. I really appreciate your willingness

Could you please write your MQTT code using the code formatting button? Thank you

I got this from this thread, but it’s probably a total alarm and I have a total of 5 zones and I haven’t figured out how to solve it

mqtt:
  alarm_control_panel:
    state_topic: "ajax/alarmstate"
    command_topic: "ajax/alarm/set"
    payload_disarm: "DISARMED"
    payload_arm_home: "NIGHT_MODE"
    payload_arm_away: "ARMED"
    #code: !secret code

Hello @imango,

To do what you expect, you need to install nodered on jeedom first i guess , then you should be able to send commands by id throught your mqtt brocker.

Otherwise ( I’m totally neewby on AH) don’t know if you can send/receive cmd by http with AH, i guess yes you can go this way.

There is no need to install node red which will add a layer of complexity. The first thing @imango has to do is to understand what messages jeedom expects in order to get the alarm armed, disarmed and so on. For that he may use either MQTT explorer or HA MQTT integration to experiment various publishing packets and when it works then automation may be written. For using MQTT integration publishing feature go to: settings/integration and click on Configure of the MQTT panel.

Hello @kolia,

I was thinking with nodered on jeedom is easier because there is no need to monitor the mqtt messages but just know the commands id.
Anyway it is possible on HA to Put/Get command via Http? ( just for my personal knowledge)

Thks

Hi to all,

I installed my Ajax over home assistant.
Everything is going ok, but I can not disarm de alarm…
Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

As it is explained in various places in this thread, this plugin reports alarm status but can’t act on it. If arm/disarm alarm is what is expected, and you are ok with a bit of tinkering, check within this thread for various solutions. The idea is to use a Space Control which buttons are controlled by relays.

Thanks for your support!
In your opinion what is the easy way to achieve arm or disarm the ajax alarm… Thanks again

Hi everyone,

My SIA integration in HomeAssistant doesn’t work anymore since few weeks (it worked well the first time I installed SIA).
All entities are now unavailable

In the logs, I have the same thing 5 to 6 times per minute :
2022-09-24 18:46:40.530 WARNING (MainThread) [pysiaalarm.base_server] Code not found, replying with DUH to account: 000

I tried to remove and reinstall SIA, but it still doesn’t work.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks !

P.S. : Sorry for my bad english :grimacing:

Please have a look to this thread: Arm/disarm ajax. Anything with relays can do the trick. On a personal side I did not use ESP32 because I had 3 available relays from a different gear (IPX800v3)
It is working without a glitch

Hello
I have the same difficulties between the plugin Ajax in Jeedom and HASSIO.

I am able to share the status of the sensors in Ajax through jmqtt but I am not able to modify the alarm status through mqtt commands in Hassion

Any ideas ?

In order to give you an example which is NOT jeedom based but based on Domoticz please find here the code to make the alarm panel acting on the alarm:
In configuration.yaml

mqtt: !include mqtts.yaml

In mqtts.yaml, among other lines:

alarm_control_panel: !include alarms_mqtt.yaml

and in alarms_mqtt.yaml

- name: "Alarme"
  unique_id: 610
  object_id: 610
  code_disarm_required: false
  code_trigger_required: false
  state_topic: "domoticz/out/610"
  value_template: > 
    {% set value_map = {
      "0": "disarmed",
      "10": "armed_away",
      "20": "armed_night",
      }
    %}
    {{ value_map[value_json.svalue1] }}
  payload_arm_night: "20"
  payload_disarm: "0"
  payload_arm_away: "10"
  command_topic: "domoticz/in"
  command_template: >
    {"command": "switchlight", "idx": 610, "switchcmd": "Set Level", "level": "{{action}}"}
  retain: true
  qos: 0

I hope it will help to understand how the alarm panel works and conversely change its status if it has been changed on the remote system.

I really would like to have the following possible: My home alarm system sends the SIA messages to two different IP addresses: my Alarm Recieving Centre as well as my Home Assistant instance. As far as I know this is not possible right now. I checked witch my alarm system, it can only send to one IP address.
A perfect solution would be that the Ajax Alarm Sytem integration can duplicate the messages and relay them to another IP. Is this possible already?

That is quite an interesting suggestion, indeed the SIA protocol sends to 1 IP and can have a secondary if the first doesn’t respond. I could definately do something with that, but it might even be easier to build a small container that just duplicates the signal, the big question is what do you respond to the actual alarm (because a response is expected) would it be one of the two or the first to respond… something to think about!

Hello at all! I have the official Ajax documentation API, someone is interested to help me to develop a working integration?

2 Likes

Don’t you need a token or something similar to get access to the API?

Yes, i have it…