Ajax alarm system

that is super cool! thanks for sharing @akarpenkoua

I have some issues after upgrading to 112.1 and newly released Ajax integration 0.3.2. When I hover the red icon it says (translated) “Reset”.

The status icon for the alarm that I had in my dashboard that usually says “Armed/Disarmed” now says “Unavailable”.

Not really sure how to help identify this as I haven’t seen anything when looking in the logs, but if there is any information I can provide please let me know.

Edit: I can also see that in the Ajax app it says “Not connected” when looking under the Hub and (translated) “Security central”.

Edit again: Downgrading to 0.2.4 solved the issue.

Hi, I just upgraded my own to 0.112.1 and with SIA 0.3.2 and everything works, you might have to make a slight change in your system so it retries the connection, I have heard that sometimes if a alarm system can’t reach the server (in this case HA) it doesn’t retry but just goes offline, so if the upgrade took a long time and it wasn’t able to reach it, but that doesn’t explain why downgrading does work, could you run some logging for it?

I have a small database so upgrade to 112.1 went fast. I’m happy to debug if you explain it to me like you would explain to your grandma since I’ve never tried debugging before :smiley:

sure, enable this in your configuration.yaml https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/logger/
with custom_components.sia: debug

as one of the rows, and then in your Logs (now in Configuration under Logs) you should be able to see something going on and make sure to reupgrade to 0.3.2 because the old one I don’t want to do something with anymore.

Like this?

logger:
  default: info
  logs:
    custom_components.sia: debug

Under Configuration > Logs there is nothing SIA related. There are 335 entries in the complete log but can’t say I found anything alerting. What should I look for?

Noticed now that this one went from “Disconnected” to “Connected” now all of a sudden:

that means there is nothing coming from the alarm, maybe put default to warning to you only see sia. and then maybe try to make a slight settings change in your alarm

Changed debug setting to “warning” and now the log only has the following about SIA:

2020-07-03 17:11:10 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for sia which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.

In the Ajax app the connection is “Disconnected” again now.

I changed the configuration setting “Account” just to “touch” the settings but no difference.

Configuration.yaml:

sia:
  port:  8124
  hubs:
    - name: AJAX
      account: BEA
      ping_interval: 5
      zones:
        - zone: 1
          name: Hemmet
          sensors:
           - alarm
           - smoke

sorry, for the new component you have to setup through a config flow, if you go to integrations and add it there it should connect, you can delete the config entry in configuration.

1 Like

My bad, I must have missed the instructions completely, sorry for that. Works like a charm again :smiley:

1 Like

Good to hear!

@eavanvalkenburg I’ve just updated to the new version of your SIA plugin and it works really great! I’ve got a question though, how do I customize the new alarm component? When I press any of the buttons I get the following error pop up:

Failed to call service alarm_control_panel/alarm_arm_away. unsupported operand type(s) for &: 'NoneType' and 'int'

Before the update I had manually created an alarm control and then used simple automations such as:

automation:
  - alias: "Alarm: Arm away"
    trigger:
      - platform: event
        event_type: call_service
        event_data:
          domain: alarm_control_panel
          service: alarm_arm_away
    action:
      - service: mqtt.publish
        data_template:
          topic: ajax/alarm
          payload: arm

It still works with the new one, but the error pops up every time you press the button(s).

Is the solution to not use the included alarm component and create a custom one where I keep the state in sync manually?

Hi all,
with this Alarm and this integration, is it possible to armed/disarmed the alarm with Home assistant ?

No, you can only read the status since Ajax doesn’t allow anything else. But that part opens up for really cool stuff and works great :slight_smile:

Ok thank you!
I was thinking… if you can hide a remote, maybe a switchbot permits to control the alarm with home assistant ! :slight_smile:

@eavanvalkenburg I’ve updated to the SIA integration. But now my Ajax system is visible after a reboot for about one minute and then it goes offline. In the Ajax app I can see the “meldkamer” going to red (no connection).
I don’t use encryption. I enter the port number and account number. nr of zones is 3 interval is 1 minute.
Am I missing something? It worked before in the older version.

Did you setup through the config flow?

yes I did? I entered the same data as I had in my config.

# sia:
#   port: 158
#   hubs:
#     - name: Thuis
#       account: 158
#       ping_interval: 1
#       zones:
#         - zone: 3
#           name: Thuis
#           sensors:
#           - alarm
#           - moisture

This was in my config.
In the flow I had to select 3 zones (Only zone 3 is needed)

hmm, I hadn’t realized you might have a non 1 starting zone, but I guess it will work, just a lot of sensors to disable in that case, can I ask why it is setup that way? and the port is a bit low, I use a different approach to networking in the new version and usually open ports should be in the 1000+ range, I tend to use 8125 (8123 is HA itself), so maybe that causes an issue, could you test with a higher port and turn on logging when you do?