Alarm Panel - Make Announcement if Door Open

Hey there…

I’m using the stock alarm panel that comes with HA. I’d like to change the behavior so that if someone attempts to Arm Home, that it will check to see if any doors are open, and if so, make an announcement on our Echo devices. I have the code for the announcements and such, I just don’t know where the best place to put that logic is - so that it can go through the conditional checks before actually arming and if not, make the announcement? Would that go directly in the alarm panel itself?

Thanks!

I don’t think this capability is available for the core manual alarm integration.

You could write an automation that is triggered by the alarm arming. Add conditions to check if any of your doors are open. If so the first action will be to disarm the alarm then send your notification.

Alternatively there are two custom alarm systems that have this sensor check functionality built in.

• BWAlarm - waiting on the developer to apply some fixes to the web interface, but otherwise functional.
  • Alarmo - very new but fully functional.

This is a modification of the default alarm panel card that worked for me.
Custom Alarm Panel Card

(edit) - Looking over the other 2 posted I links, I may have to evaluate “Alarmo”…

I too am trying to figure this out with my honeywell system so I can have an arm button by each door. When pressed i want it to check for open zones first, google broadcast if there is a fault, or start arm countdown if all is well. Only problem is zone status isn’t surfaced to HA, bummed.

I have an envisalink integration into a DST panel but it should work pretty much the same I think.
Here is my automation code (of course changed automation id and code to arm .
I found the code to announce the opened zone (after the else statement) here on github on another discussion so I don’t take credit for it ,I just by trial and error changed it slightly.

id: '1111111111'
alias: Alarm  Set Home (rev1)
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: time
    at: '22:00:00'
condition: []
action:
  - if:
      - condition: state
        entity_id: sensor.home_alarm_p1_keypad
        state: Ready
    then:
      - service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_home
        data:
          code: '1111'
        target:
          entity_id: alarm_control_panel.home_alarm_p1
      - service: script.nest_hubs_set_volume
        data: {}
      - service: script.tts_clloud_say_var
        data:
          title: Alarm Armed
      - service: script.sonos_tts_var
        data:
          title: Alarm Armed
    else:
      - service: tts.cloud_say
        data_template:
          entity_id: media_player.nesthubs
            Alarm not ready! Opened zone {% for state in
            states|selectattr('entity_id','in',state_attr('group.alarm','entity_id'))|selectattr('state','eq','on')|list
            -%}{{state.name}}{%- endfor %}
mode: single