Alexa device not responding on first try

The new relayer was deployed! This only took a few minutes, and happened in the last hour as I write this. Now it’s time to see if it helps!

You don’t have to restart HA for your server to re-connect, or sign in or out of cloud, but you can. If you wait long enough it will just connect on its own or it has already happened.

Try out your Google and/or Alexa voice assistants and apps and see how it goes.

5 Likes

This is great news!

Thank you for the work! For me, it fixed the problems completely. Alexa is responding fast & without a problem, even when I switch 20 different HA things immediately after each other.

Looks good for the moment.

Yep, works great

All good! Working much faster for me. Thanks everyone that worked on this!

Working here now too

Hi. Im new here and just started to use ALEXA here. I did everything by quide and logged in Nabu Casa, linked Alexa, etc… When asked ALexa APP to discover devices, it found nothing… I restarted APP and ALL devices was dicovered there… Funny.

BUT EVERY item is : “Device is unresponsive”. I tap on powerbutton, nothing happens ever on ANY devices… IT seems that WHOLE integration is broken somehow?

SIdenote: Why every item is added to Alexa as Light AND Switch? So its double…

Sounds like something that starts at the source. What are you exposing to Alexa from the “manage entities” page?

fixed, thanks for the followup @cogneato

Friends, it has 3 days that the commands requested from Alexa are answered immediately.
I don’t know if there has been any changes to the system, however it is perfect.

I’ve been having this issue a lot lately. I never get any verbal response from Alexa though. The command will either work immediately as expected, work as expected after a several second delay or work immediately after I repeat it. If I have to repeat a command, my Alexa history shows the command twice (so Alexa heard it correctly from me both times) but HA history/automation traces only show the command making it through the second time.

I just noticed this over the last few days. Similar behavior. First command appears to have been understood but nothing happens, follow up command a few seconds later works correctly.

I’m noticing this over the last few days as well. Alexa will react with “Device is not responding” then do the thing anyway.

For me, everything is working first try, but Alexa always responds with [entity name] isn’t responding. This is new this morning after the maintenance that occurred at I believe 5:00 UTC, per the notification I had.
Tried unlinking and relinking the skill from Amazon’s side, but no change.
Google isn’t having this issue today.

1 Like

I have the same issue, since the maintenance this morning. Everything was fine before, so something either changed and somehow needs redoing (not sure what that could be), or something broke in the backend.

1 Like

Same issues in the UK… seems a few people are reporting it on Reddit… May warrant it’s own thread on the forum for visibility?

2 Likes

Same here. My thermometers are also not available in Alexa. Google works and I can ask for the temeratures.

1 Like

Mine is doing exact the same, the Alexa app is also showing that all the Home Assistant devices via Nabu Casa are “There is a Problem”, it definately wasn’t like that yesterday, and I had a maintenance message yesterday, looks like thats when it started.

Switched off the Alexa cloud function then switched it back on, but that didn’t fix it. I have reached out to Nabu Casa but yet to have a reply.

Fortunately it responds and does the action when you ask it to.

Shunts…

2 Likes

If you remove devices from alexa and try to re-add them, they dont get added. its big problem for me