Alternative firmware for Arilux AL-LC03 for use with MQTT and Home Assistant (RGB light strip controller)

Hi @Edouard_Rinaldi,
Normally you should connect RX with TX and TX with RX.
I was using two FTDIs because it was consuming too much power for my USB port, but it’s possible that one is enough.

Double check your Arduino IDE settings, it’s possible that your Flash Size setting is wrong (cf. GitHub - smrtnt/Arilux_AL-LC0X: Alternative firmware for Arilux AL-LC0X LED controllers, based on the MQTT protocol and a TLS connection).

Regards,
Sam

Hi :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks for your help but it seems to still do this, here are my Flash settings :

And here is a short video of how i do it
, and you can see the led blinking.

How can i know if it’s a power problem ?

It’s an ESP8266 so TX to RX, RX to TX.

Thanks but i understand that, still the problem, can i try this option, with soldering the wires at the back (rx tx and 2 ground), i wan’t to know if it’s because i move while uploading the program, so if i can solder them and not take them to hand it will be nice, tell me :slight_smile: and tell me if my Arduino Configuration is correct, thanks.

Yes use the pads on the back as per a photo further up this thread. Settings are correct.

Yes but can i solder on these pads ? If yes i will try tomorrow and answer back.

Can someone help me get this working correctly, with mqtt discovery I sometimes get

light.arilux_lc10_rgbw_led_controller_stateoffbrightness85white_value0colorr0g7b147

instead of

light.arilux_lc10_rgbw_led_controller_001ef6e3:

thanks

I don’t think there is anything anyone can do. It seems that discovery needs some work. I also see the same issues as well as multiple names of the same controller which I posted a few posts up. What I did was just get rid of discovery until it’s looked at. Was too erratic and unstable. Anyway, I don’t really care too much about auto discovery. I know what I have and what I want it called (and topic) from an mqitt perspective.

yes solder

hello back, i have solder the wires on them on the arilux and it works ! Thanks to you KmanOz and mertenats for this help.
I have one last question, i have installed Python 2.7, didn’t change arduino settings, unplugged the ftdi and plug in the arilux wich work because it connect to my wifi, but i still can’t select a port from arduino for OTA did i miss something ? There is something to enable on config.h or anything else ? Thanks

Is there anybody that can help me with this…I’m pulling my hair out…
I have now included the Arilux.cpp file not sure if I’m meant too, got rid of the IRrecv error but get this now and can’t move forward. Any help would be very appreciated.

Arilux.cpp:139: error: no ‘uint8_t Arilux::setFadeToColor(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)’ member function declared in class ‘Arilux’

uint8_t Arilux::setFadeToColor(uint8_t p_red, uint8_t p_green, uint8_t p_blue) {

^

Arilux.cpp:145: error: no ‘uint8_t Arilux::setFadeColor(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)’ member function declared in class ‘Arilux’

uint8_t Arilux::setFadeColor(uint8_t p_red, uint8_t p_green, uint8_t p_blue) {

^

Using library ESP8266WiFi at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Brinsley\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.3.0\libraries\ESP8266WiFi
Using library PubSubClient at version 2.6 in folder: E:\Brinsley\Documents\Arduino\libraries\PubSubClient
Using library IRremoteESP8266 at version 1.2.0 in folder: E:\Brinsley\Documents\Arduino\libraries\IRremoteESP8266
Using library ArduinoOTA at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Brinsley\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.3.0\libraries\ArduinoOTA
Using library ArduinoJson at version 5.10.1 in folder: E:\Brinsley\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoJson
Using library ESP8266mDNS in folder: C:\Users\Brinsley\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.3.0\libraries\ESP8266mDNS (legacy)
exit status 1
no ‘uint8_t Arilux::setFadeToColor(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)’ member function declared in class ‘Arilux’

This code does not work !!

I believe I have a different variant of the Arilux AL-LC03. I bought it from Banggood as well.The only difference I see is that the esp8266 module is open (without the metal casing on it). Now my problem is, after I flash the custom firmware, its dose’nt seem to be broadcasting the SSID, although the flashing was successful. I have LC01, which also suffers the same fate. Can anyone please help me to resolve this issue or does anyone have faced a similar issue.

I have just bought arilux, it was working fine, also using the official component (did not change the firmware yet).

All of a sudden is not working anymore, is not recognized even in official app. It just turns on whn I put the power on, but is not registering in wifi

Any idea what to do? There is a way to reset it?

Do you have any animations embedded here in this code, if not maybe you can add support using this cool library: https://github.com/kitesurfer1404/WS2812FX

I’m trying to upload the code, but I get the following errors when compiling. I was able to compile it using an older version of the code, but I’m trying to upgrade the code since I’m having issues(I can’t get it to turn off). I’m using the same config.h as before. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

In file included from F:\Data\OneDrive\My PaperPort Documents\Arduino\Arduino\Arilux\Arilux.ino:20:0:

sketch\Arilux.h:141:1: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration [enabled by default]

};

^

Arilux:80: error: 'irRecv' does not name a type

irRecv            irRecv(ARILUX_IR_PIN);

^

F:\Data\OneDrive\My PaperPort Documents\Arduino\Arduino\Arilux\Arilux.ino: In function 'void handleIRRemote()':

Arilux:588: error: 'decode_results' was not declared in this scope

decode_results  results;

^

Arilux:588: error: expected ';' before 'results'

decode_results  results;

^

Arilux:590: error: 'irRecv' was not declared in this scope

if (irRecv.decode(&results)) {

^

Arilux:590: error: 'results' was not declared in this scope

if (irRecv.decode(&results)) {

^

F:\Data\OneDrive\My PaperPort Documents\Arduino\Arduino\Arilux\Arilux.ino: In function 'void setup()':

Arilux:906: error: 'irRecv' was not declared in this scope

irRecv.enableIRIn();

^

exit status 1
'irRecv' does not name a type

I commented out the line for IR in the config.h file and it compiles. The remote won’t work though. But it’s a workaround in case anyone else has the same issue. If anyone else has a more permanent fix, I would appreciate it.

I had exactly your issue until I included the file Arilux.cpp then that error went away and I had the error below…which I have managed to resolve by adding two lines of code but I still find that it won’t work

Arilux.cpp:139: error: no ‘uint8_t Arilux::setFadeToColor(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)’ member function declared in class ‘Arilux’

uint8_t Arilux::setFadeToColor(uint8_t p_red, uint8_t p_green, uint8_t p_blue) {

^

Arilux.cpp:145: error: no ‘uint8_t Arilux::setFadeColor(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)’ member function declared in class ‘Arilux’

uint8_t Arilux::setFadeColor(uint8_t p_red, uint8_t p_green, uint8_t p_blue) {

^

Using library ESP8266WiFi at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Brinsley\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.3.0\libraries\ESP8266WiFi
Using library PubSubClient at version 2.6 in folder: E:\Brinsley\Documents\Arduino\libraries\PubSubClient
Using library IRremoteESP8266 at version 1.2.0 in folder: E:\Brinsley\Documents\Arduino\libraries\IRremoteESP8266
Using library ArduinoOTA at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Brinsley\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.3.0\libraries\ArduinoOTA
Using library ArduinoJson at version 5.10.1 in folder: E:\Brinsley\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoJson
Using library ESP8266mDNS in folder: C:\Users\Brinsley\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.3.0\libraries\ESP8266mDNS (legacy)
exit status 1
no ‘uint8_t Arilux::setFadeToColor(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)’ member function declared in class ‘Arilux’

Does anybody have or can point me in the direction of the original firmware? I flashed mine but apparrently there’s a new design of arilux AL-lc0X and after flashing custom firmware they don’t boot which is whats happened to mine.

Does anyone have to happen the original firmware for the RGBWW version of this? :slight_smile: