Announcement: HADashboard v2 Beta!

rpitera, thanks, guess the variables.yaml file canā€™t be empty. Iā€™m good now (for a while at leastā€¦)

1 Like

Did you at least get a sensible error in the logs? If not Iā€™ll fix that.

1 Like

I got the error page in the browser and this in the logs when I tried it.

2017-03-05 12:52:05.600028 INFO Loading custom skin 'test'
2017-03-05 12:52:05.600802 INFO Compiling dashboard 'MainPanel'
2017-03-05 12:52:05.602194 WARNING ------------------------------------------------------------
2017-03-05 12:52:05.602711 WARNING Unexpected error in CSS file
2017-03-05 12:52:05.603102 WARNING ------------------------------------------------------------
2017-03-05 12:52:05.607549 WARNING Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon/appdaemon/appdash.py", line 82, in load_dash
    dash = dashboard.compile_dash(name, skin, skindir, request.rel_url.query)
  File "/home/pi/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon/appdaemon/dashboard.py", line 27, in profiled_fn
    dash = fn(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/pi/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon/appdaemon/dashboard.py", line 44, in newfunc
    result = func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/pi/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon/appdaemon/dashboard.py", line 451, in compile_dash
    dash = get_dash(name, skin, skindir)
  File "/home/pi/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon/appdaemon/dashboard.py", line 486, in get_dash
    css_vars = load_css_params(skin, skindir)
  File "/home/pi/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon/appdaemon/dashboard.py", line 70, in load_css_params
    return expand_vars(css, css)
  File "/home/pi/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon/appdaemon/dashboard.py", line 83, in expand_vars
    for varline in fields:
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

2017-03-05 12:52:05.608192 WARNING ------------------------------------------------------------
2017-03-05 12:52:05.619687 INFO Dashboard disconnected

Error page was ā€œNo Dashboard could be foundā€

OK we can clean that up a bit.

Works great in portrait mode too, I promise this will be the last image for while :wink:

Sorry for the grainy quality image!

If anyoneā€™s interested in doing this with a Raspberry Pi touchscreen, donā€™t forget:

• edit the /boot/config.txt file and include at the bottom display_rotate=1

• install xinput in you havenā€™t yet, sudo apt-get install xinput

• finally, as part of start-up run the following command to line up the touch-screen to the rotated display:

xinput --set-prop 'FT5406 memory based driver' 'Coordinate Transformation Matrix' 0 1 0 -1 0 1 0 0 1

edit:

And for tidiness also: sudo apt-get install unclutter to stop the cursor ruining things.

3 Likes

What do you mean last image - keep em coming! I love seeing them in useā€¦

2 Likes

Cool that you got it. Yeah, maybe it was that you need to nuke the image and not the container. Not sure. I know itā€™s a bit obtuse to understand when youā€™re following someone elseā€™s instructions and then have new instructions out of order.

So I think the issue right now isā€¦

Your browser is being fed ws://dash_host:dash_port , which is derived from the Dash_url when it loads. so when you connect from http://100.6.200.xx externally, the HTTP side renders fine, but then it goes to hit that ws:// url, but itā€™s getting 192.168.2.xx, which obviously doesnt work externally.

Thatā€™s going to take a deeper code change to make the ws:// match the situation, eg, not be ā€œhard codedā€ against dash_url.

That is essentially correct - the ws:// url is what gets the streaming updates so you wonā€™t see any updates, but you also get blank values at page load because the widgets attempt to connect back to AppDaemon to grab their initial state.

1 Like

Thanks, sorry in and out of the office today. That is the error I got as well.

@aimc this is the correct way to include images in the custom css correct?

background: #ffffff url('/custom_css/template_name/img/background_1.jpg') no-repeat 0 0 fixed;  

Getting a 404 error in chrome at http://172.30.1.xx:5050/custom_css/template_name/img/background_1.jpg

Thanks!

That should be correct, yes - obviously make sure your pic is an the img subdirectory but the path is correct.

hmm, file is definately in custom_css/tempate_name/img

@aimc nevermind, docker is killing me today. Have to destroy the container and recreate for new files to show, iā€™ve run into this issue before with the -v on docker run. Sorry to bother.

1 Like

No worries - looking forward to what you come up with :slight_smile:

you just activated a warning light for me lol. Thatā€™s not behavior Iā€™d expect from docker :frowning:

You rmā€™d and recreated the container using the same image and it worked the second time?

yep, stop, rm, docker run ā€¦ -v /local/dashboard:/conf appdaemon:latest

further info, thats the process that made the newly added .jpg to the local/dashboard/custom_css/template_name/img folder work and not give 404 errors.

Thatā€™sā€¦ unexpected. If it happens again maybe we can think about it. Never experienced that behavior myself, so I donā€™t even know what to check (ala, you learn the most when things are broken!)

Maybe as a thought if you do see it, try stop/start so the process is basically starting over. See if thatā€™s enough first.

Great work.

I have it up and running but the input_slider do not show the current value from HA. It works fin in increasing or decreasing the value in HA.