Announcement: HADashboard v2 Beta3!

at least you now have learned that the command you give isnt starting a service :wink:
but i am sorry i cant help you with that (mainly because i have no idea what you are takin about :wink: )

Thats allright…you answered…:)…maybe we both will learn from this…I am sure he has a way to start this as a service …I just hadnt found it

does python3 -m appdaemon.appdaemon -c ./conf work correctly if you change to the directory first and then run it?

RPI is pretty much the same as the different version of linux I have worked with.

If you have a timeout set on the terminal session then closing putty would allow the RPI to clean it up. It’s the same with most linux distros. You might want to try it with an & on the end of the command so that it separates itself from the terminal session.

But Rene is right, the best way to do what it sounds like you are doing is to set it up as a service. The instructions for setting AD up to run when the system starts in the normal 1.5.2 release of AD seem to work ok with the dashboard as well.

This should do the trick:

Forgive my ignorance but what to do with this
I think I see where you are going

systemd is how you run things as a service. In order to setup HADashboard to run as a service, you need to use systemd. Without going into a lot of detail about how to use systemd, I’ve provided the text that you will use in your /etc/systemd/system/hadashboard.service file, which launches the HADashboard as a service.

A little bit of an explanation on using systemd services is provided at:

And a little explanation of using systemd is provided at:

THANK YOU will look into friday out of town till friday morning. So this seems like init script run…I probably will some questions buti am usually pretty decent once I can wrap my head around things once i understand the scope and process

Is there a next/previous option on the media_player control? Am I just missing a flag somewhere? Can’t find any mention of it anywhere…

Can someone tell me what’s going on here? Why aren’t the widgets aligned beneath each other?

title: Remote
widget_dimensions: [25, 25]
widget_size: [1,1]
widget_margins: [4, 4]
columns: 35

layout:
  - label_tv(8x1), spacer(23x1), label_favoritt(4x1)
  - placeholder_tv_on_off(4x4), switch_tv(4x4)
  - switch_tv_1(3x4), switch_tv_2(3x4), switch_tv_3(3x4)
  - switch_tv_4(3x3), switch_tv_5(3x3), switch_tv_6(3x3)
  - switch_tv_7(3x3), switch_tv_8(3x3), switch_tv_9(3x3)
  - switch_tv_7(3x4), switch_tv_8(3x4), switch_tv_9(3x4)
  - switch_tv_0(3x4)
  - nav_main(4x4)

placeholder_tv_on_off and switch_tv have a height from 4 widgets, so they take up 4 lines.
you place switch_tv_1 etc. on line 3, where they should be on line 5

you can correct that like this:

layout:
  -
  -
  -
  -
  -
  -

or like this: (but i am not sure if thats also in the beta or just in dev)

layout:
  - empty: 3
2 Likes

You beat me to it!

Empty is in Beta 3 BTW, so he can use that.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Can I only have 4 widgets vertically?

layout:
  - switch_tv_4(3x4), switch_tv_5(3x4), switch_tv_6(3x4)
  - switch_tv_0(3x4)
  - nav_main(4x4), reload(4x4)

i think there is a bug in the empty command which makes it go wrong if it hits 10
using the lines with only - would work for sure

by the way you could set your widget_size to [3,4]
then you could leave out (3x4) on most widgets :wink:

1 Like

Is the bug just with 10? I have my resolution set really high so I routinely have empty lines of between 50 and 100. How does the bug manifest itself?

I don’t believe its a bug with empty, I think the issue is that gridster doesn’t expect grids of that size so doesn’t have CSS entries that high, meaning that past a certain level, you have to get everything exactly right and declared in the right order and it will work ok because that is what it does by default.

if i have set the widget_dimension very small (1x1 or 2x2 or so) i can get up to 1000 lines without trouble.
but if i use the widgetdimension to (10x10) or like nutti did to (25x25)
i run into trouble after 10 lines if i use empty:
if i declare every line itself there is no problem at all.

it only occurs if after the empty line 10 is a new line.

so it could absolutely be possible that if nutti changes his first empty: 3 to empty: 4 there is no problem.

I still believe it’s a gridster limitation, it wasn’t designed for 1000 lines, but I’ll see if I can fix it.

2 Likes

i had my grid up to 1020x800 without problems. it only gets slow :wink:

OK, to clarify the limitation, it doesn’t stop you from adding the widgets but it stops you from accurately placing them, then gridster falls back on "first come, first served’.

could be, but the way V2 is setup you need to fillup the complete grid anyway, from the left and from the topdown
but i saw that the problem was Always with line 10 and upwards if i used certain gridsizes.