Announcement: HADashboard v2 Beta3!

Is there a next/previous option on the media_player control? Am I just missing a flag somewhere? Can’t find any mention of it anywhere…

Can someone tell me what’s going on here? Why aren’t the widgets aligned beneath each other?

title: Remote
widget_dimensions: [25, 25]
widget_size: [1,1]
widget_margins: [4, 4]
columns: 35

layout:
  - label_tv(8x1), spacer(23x1), label_favoritt(4x1)
  - placeholder_tv_on_off(4x4), switch_tv(4x4)
  - switch_tv_1(3x4), switch_tv_2(3x4), switch_tv_3(3x4)
  - switch_tv_4(3x3), switch_tv_5(3x3), switch_tv_6(3x3)
  - switch_tv_7(3x3), switch_tv_8(3x3), switch_tv_9(3x3)
  - switch_tv_7(3x4), switch_tv_8(3x4), switch_tv_9(3x4)
  - switch_tv_0(3x4)
  - nav_main(4x4)

placeholder_tv_on_off and switch_tv have a height from 4 widgets, so they take up 4 lines.
you place switch_tv_1 etc. on line 3, where they should be on line 5

you can correct that like this:

layout:
  -
  -
  -
  -
  -
  -

or like this: (but i am not sure if thats also in the beta or just in dev)

layout:
  - empty: 3
2 Likes

You beat me to it!

Empty is in Beta 3 BTW, so he can use that.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Can I only have 4 widgets vertically?

layout:
  - switch_tv_4(3x4), switch_tv_5(3x4), switch_tv_6(3x4)
  - switch_tv_0(3x4)
  - nav_main(4x4), reload(4x4)

i think there is a bug in the empty command which makes it go wrong if it hits 10
using the lines with only - would work for sure

by the way you could set your widget_size to [3,4]
then you could leave out (3x4) on most widgets :wink:

1 Like

Is the bug just with 10? I have my resolution set really high so I routinely have empty lines of between 50 and 100. How does the bug manifest itself?

I don’t believe its a bug with empty, I think the issue is that gridster doesn’t expect grids of that size so doesn’t have CSS entries that high, meaning that past a certain level, you have to get everything exactly right and declared in the right order and it will work ok because that is what it does by default.

if i have set the widget_dimension very small (1x1 or 2x2 or so) i can get up to 1000 lines without trouble.
but if i use the widgetdimension to (10x10) or like nutti did to (25x25)
i run into trouble after 10 lines if i use empty:
if i declare every line itself there is no problem at all.

it only occurs if after the empty line 10 is a new line.

so it could absolutely be possible that if nutti changes his first empty: 3 to empty: 4 there is no problem.

I still believe it’s a gridster limitation, it wasn’t designed for 1000 lines, but I’ll see if I can fix it.

2 Likes

i had my grid up to 1020x800 without problems. it only gets slow :wink:

OK, to clarify the limitation, it doesn’t stop you from adding the widgets but it stops you from accurately placing them, then gridster falls back on "first come, first served’.

could be, but the way V2 is setup you need to fillup the complete grid anyway, from the left and from the topdown
but i saw that the problem was Always with line 10 and upwards if i used certain gridsizes.

OK, should be worth a look - I’m not aware of anything special about 10 but you never know!

1 Like

Exactly - that’s why I don’t think it has been as much of a problem as it could have been.

1 Like

i remember that i had some problems filling out the most right line in a grid in V1 also that was in situations like this:

X = a filled widget
O = empty space

XXXXXXX
XXXOOOO
XXOXXOO
XXXXXOX <-problem widget
OOOOOXX <-problem widgets

i know that in some situations those problem widgets also would move up
adding an extra collumn(and leaving it empty) was helpfull there in some cases.
so it could be a grid problem, with some specific figures

Hello,

do we have any video tutorial how to manage HADashboard work? very beginner here :slight_smile:

Not yet. I’ve been trying to convince Ben to do one on his YouTube channel, but he’s been super busy with other projects. He’d be great as he does it all the time and has the experience, not to mention having the setup and the work flow down.

I am considering pulling out my digital video camera and trying to set something up when things on my end calm down.

Doing it right would mean a lot of prep work; setting up cameras and screen recorders, learning editing and coming up with a game plan for a meaningful video. So to do this will require a lot of work behind the scenes before I am even able to make a first attempt.

But I am considering it.

1 Like

That would be very helpful for us, beginners :slight_smile:

looking forward to it.

i could do a video, because i already have the programs running for it to edit and create the video, but my setup is just to much different from most people to make it worthwhile :wink: