Another MultiRoom Audio With Up2Stream Amp 2

Hey a couple years ago I had setup a multiroom audio in my house with Volumio and Raspberry PI’s. But due to some issues that I encountered with the system due MicroSD cards kept on failing; I’ve decided to re-evaluate that setup. Throughout that journey, I’ve discovered these all in one audio modules(Up2Stream Amp 2). After, setting them up and have running for about 2 months now; i’ve decided to share with the community.

Setup:

1. 5 Up2Stream Amp 2
  2. 1 POE Switch
  3. 5 POE over Ethernet Adapter

On a side note, All my rooms speaker are wired back to a smart panel and I was able to integrate them into HA using this component:
LinkPlay Integration

Things To Do:

1. TTS
  2. Group join and unjoin using automation.
2 Likes

Thanks for the share :wink: Are you using the LinkPlay Integration to control the Up2Stream Amp 2 ? As I have some of these but never found how to integrate them with HA and really be able to use them :frowning:

Yes I use LinkPlay integration and so far I’m able to see them in HA. You can check this for more info

1 Like

There wss some discussions of the arylic boards here. Should I go there? Whole house audio and then some

Yes I would

Very interesting setup you have but it is not completely clear to me how it is performing.

Why do you have the POE adapters? It seems you are still using the normal DC power plugs to power the Up2Stream Amp 2.

And how is the performance? If you play a YouTube video is audio then in synch with the video? No lipsync issues?

And how stable is the setup, did you have any performance issues?

Other than that this looks like a really flexible and cost effective multi room setup!

The POE is split out of ethernet to supply 12v to the up2stream. The up2stream does not itself support POE (as far as I can tell) - it is just a convenient way to get power to the device (via the splitter).

Yes sir the poe split

I’ve got an 8 ports poe switch that provides power to all of them via this poe adapter

What are you referring to. This is an audio system.

Thanks for the quick reply. I see now what the benefit is. If it is indeed performing on 12V it might be interesting to see if sound quality improves if it is run at 24V. That is at least based on the information I found.

I will have a look at these Arylic devices and test them myself as well for some time before installing them in my (new to build) home. Thanks for this tip!

If you would play a concert using YouTube (or any other service) is music in sync with the video?

For example if you would play a YouTube video on your tablet but want the music to stream over your home speakers.

So far i have not experienced any out of sync between the players. Also, if music is playing in one room, i’m able to sync the same music in another room via the up2stream mobile app by dragging and dropping.

Do you use mini-media-player? It has speaker grouping built in.

i haven’t tried mini player grouping with this system yet

Thanks for link :wink: Got boards out of my closet and setup, and configured in HA (unhappy only one of them is supported, both Arylic boards are one year old but one is not viewed by HA :frowning: Second point is that it’s only usable for Internet radio as I have no way to use with my music server that is the boring Plex :frowning:

I believe that you can play music from a NAS. Check this out

Also for the one that’s not supported; do you know what firmware version it is running. If you are running firmware version lower than v4.2.8020. “You can connect to multirooms only in wifi-direct mode. Firmware version number can be seen in device attributes. If the user has a mix of players running old and new firmware, autodetection can be overriden with option multiroom_wifidirect: True , and is needed only for units with newer versions, to force them down to wifi-direct multiroom”

Yep I know but unhappy for the moment my NAS is not in same LAN as my HA (remote location) so will have to wait to get my Plex NAS server back at my place to be able to do something with it out of Internet radio :wink:

I’m investigating with Arylic as debugging with Linkplay developers concluded that the unit has a problem (even reset didn’t resolve the issue…

Are you using a POE Switch?

I am not using this setup at all, but I believe @mistrovly is using a POE switch, because he said so Another MultiRoom Audio With Up2Stream Amp 2 - #9 by mistrovly

1 Like