Anyone else having issues with MYQ?

Mine too stopped working. Tried removing and re-adding, now integration throws up an unexpected error when giving it the username and password

Because it’s the API that broke. Nothing you do on your end, short of fixing the pymyq integration is going to do any good.

Same here. Glad I didn’t get too deep into my troubleshooting where I destroy everything else in my config :wink:

Damn, I am glad I scrolled down on this one. I was going through a ton watching it connect for about a min and then drop again each time I restarted HA.

Can second what you said! I just deleted and re-added my garage hub, now shows up as an exclamation mark and unexpected error. I was about to tear through my configs and see what the hell I messed up. Thank you! Guess we wait…or is there a workaround?

I updated to 0.109.6 and the issue is resolved. You can find more info in the below thread.

Is the MyQ API slow for everyone else? I recently installed this garage door opener and in my limited testing it is taking anywhere from 30 seconds to 55 seconds before the state changes from open to closed or closed to open. There is an intermediate state of opening and closing that it never has time to change to. I have automation to flash all my hue lights whenever the garage is open or closed so I know if someone is coming in. This garage door opener is so quiet, that I really need this. Our sensitive dog doesn’t even bark at the garage opening or closing.

If I use the MyQ app to open then the garage generally starts opening within a second or two but it takes HA over 30 seconds before the state is changed from closed to open. If I close from the MyQ app then there is about a 10 second delay along with loud beeps before the garage door actually starts closing. It then takes over 30 seconds (over 40 seconds from button push) before the state is updated in HA and that is a good 20 seconds or more after the garage door is actually closed.

If I use HA to open/close the garage the state almost immediately goes from closed -> opening -> open and vice versa. I’ve set my automation to trigger on the states (opening, open, closing, closed) so at worst there is a 50 second delay. I’m wondering if others have noticed the same performance difference. I should note that using the garage door remote control I see slightly better results at around 25 seconds vs using the MyQ app.

MyQ has always done this for me. In fact I’m pretty sure there are times HA just didn’t pick up on the opening or closing states and in the history it just goes from open to closed or closed to open with no intermediate step. I believe the integration polls the MyQ API and it doesn’t get status updates except when it asks. I could be wrong though.

2 Likes

This has been my experience as well. Status updates from MyQ to HA have been relatively slow.

Mine constantly bounces between the actual state and unavailable in HA.

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 10.07.14 AM

1 Like

I was about to post. Seems to be unreliable, it’s not ha devs fault though, it’s MyQ. Maybe I’ll just move to smart relays and contact sensors

It will probably start working again in a few days

It’s just a bad product overall. No official API as far as I am aware

Everything else about the garage opener is nice though but their API leaves a lot to be desired. The garage company took my previous z-wave garage door opener with its sensor and threw it away. I didn’t notice it was gone for 2 days and it was too late by the time I called. I need to find another solution now that isn’t another $80. I think it is polling because over the last few weeks of using I have noticed sometimes it is relatively quick.

I checked, and mine is not doing that. Your issue might be the internet connection between your home and the MyQ servers.

1 Like

Its not currently doing this, just during those days when there were issues.
I’ve got dedicated 1GB fibre coming into the house and constantly check my home assistant with an uptime robot just in case it goes down. So these issues are probably more along the lines that MyQ was misbehaving during that period.

Anyone else having issues? Maybe we can come up with a “is it up/down” service?

Yep, worked when I got home, bit now it’s not. Grr…

The following is my captured log, it appears to be a login issue. I’m able to access the myQ site through the app. I haven’t changed my login information lately. ```

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: components/myq/init.py:36
First occurred: 7:35:29 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:35:29 PM

Error setting up entry xxemail*@xxxxxxx.com for myq
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 217, in async_setup
hass, self
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/myq/init.py”, line 36, in async_setup_entry
myq = await pymyq.login(conf[CONF_USERNAME], conf[CONF_PASSWORD], websession)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymyq/api.py”, line 170, in login
await api.authenticate(username, password)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymyq/api.py”, line 119, in authenticate
self._security_token = auth_resp[“SecurityToken”]
TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object is not subscriptable

Mine also stopped working about 2 hours ago. I tried removing it and it will not allow me to re-add.

I’m sure they updated the api again. Just checked the app on my phone and it was updated yesterday feom the playstore.

MYQ not working again :frowning:

2020-06-04 23:23:39 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry <usderID> for myq
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 217, in async_setup
hass, self
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/myq/init.py”, line 36, in async_setup_entry
myq = await pymyq.login(conf[CONF_USERNAME], conf[CONF_PASSWORD], websession)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymyq/api.py”, line 170, in login
await api.authenticate(username, password)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymyq/api.py”, line 119, in authenticate
self._security_token = auth_resp[“SecurityToken”]
TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object is not subscriptable

I’m so tire of MYQ breaking all the time. Is there a local api integration available?