Anyone else having issues with MYQ?

did you restart your HASS today ?

I did a restart early this morning since Hassio quit responding. No other issues after that.

Weird its no longer working for me restarted 3 times already and nothing…

MyQ with HA stopped working yesterday afternoon. Several restarts have not resolved the issue. Works fine with the MyQ app. I am afraid they may have finally deprecated the V4 API.

There was an error while logging in: 09:23:30.170126 Client Error while requesting data from api/v4/User/Validate: 400, message=‘Bad Request’, url='

9:23 AM components/myq/ (ERROR)

Setup of platform myq is taking over 10 seconds.


09:23:30.170126 Error requesting from api/v4/User/Validate; retrying: 400, message=‘Bad Request’, url='

9:23 AM components/myq/ (WARNING) - message first occured at 9:23 AM and shows up 2 times

Same errors here, myq broken

Appears the devs are working on it:

Thank God I checked here before messing with my code, unlike the last several times the garage stopped working.

yup, glad I checked too!

I gave up on MyQ a long time ago due to reliability issues. I tried attaching an ESP8266 to the garage opener, but quickly realized that the terminal wasn’t a simple on/off switch. The end result was hooking the ESP8266 with ESPHome up to a spare remote: it’s been over a year and I’ve had zero issues.

Complete instructions can be found here.

Is it just me, or is MyQ broken again? I’m getting the following in the logs:

2019-10-31 07:46:11 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.cover] Error while setting up platform myq
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/", line 150, in_async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/", line 442, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/myq/", line 53, in async_setup_platform
    myq = await login(username, password, websession)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymyq/", line 162, in login
    await api.authenticate(username, password)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymyq/", line 117, in authenticate
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymyq/", line 85, in request
    data = await resp.json(content_type=None)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiohttp/", line 1040, in json
    return loads(stripped.decode(encoding))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/json/", line 348, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/json/", line 337, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/json/", line 355, in raw_decode
    raise JSONDecodeError("Expecting value", s, err.value) from None
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

I get the same with 0.100.3 and 0.101.0.

Yes mine too!

I don’t believe the fix got into the 0.101.0 build, I think i saw something about it going into the 0.101.1 build. However in the meantime you may want to try the fix that worked for me posted by @bachya MYQ not working

Thanks! Every time I have a problem like this, I learn a little more about HA and Python. Changing the version in the manifest fixed it, and now I see 0.101.1 is out too.

My Q not working as of this morning @bachya

Yes, mine no longer works after updating to 109.4.

Also not working all of a sudden.

Mine too stopped working. Tried removing and re-adding, now integration throws up an unexpected error when giving it the username and password

Because it’s the API that broke. Nothing you do on your end, short of fixing the pymyq integration is going to do any good.

Same here. Glad I didn’t get too deep into my troubleshooting where I destroy everything else in my config :wink:

Damn, I am glad I scrolled down on this one. I was going through a ton watching it connect for about a min and then drop again each time I restarted HA.