Anyone experience with connecting a Growatt solar-inverter?

I have a Growatt MOD 7000TL3-X inverter with ShineRFStick-X and a 3-phase Growatt Smart Meter (actually Eastron SDM630-MODBUS V3). The meter is connected to the Growatt Raillog.
ShineRFStick-X and Growatt Raillog send data to Growatt ShineLanBox which is connected to the local network and the Internet.

Everything connected as in the attached photo.

Is it possible to observe solar energy production, import from the grid and export to the grid with such devices?

Tried with core integration but only inverter data is displayed.
Everything is visible in the ShinePhone app.

I also was having the issue that the unit total (CHxxxx Lifetime energy output) was set to 0 every day.
Now I use the Total (address Total Lifetime enery output) and it work great.
But I consider myself lucky because this is still a bug for the people that have more then one unit and want to see how each unit work.

1 Like

Would be REAL nice to get further integration, where if possible, HA could command the Growatt inverter to charge the battery for example.

If you look at this graph of the electricity price for tomorrow, it would have been really nice if i was able to charge the battery from 04:00 until 06:00 and then put that electricity back into the grid from 17:00 forward.

This is when the electricity is most expensive and this is the time where we run our oven and/or stove to make dinner, so we use “a lot” of electricity at that time.

I know the “price” shown here, only makes sense to me, but i can tell you that if i was able to charge the battery i have with about 6 KWh of energy between 04.00 and 06.00 and then use it between 17-19 i would be able to save what is equivalent to 5 dollars…In one day.

Would not even matter if there was a loss of 10% due to converting it to battery power and back to AC, it would still be a massive saving.

1 Like

Anyone had problems this week with data appearing on growatt’s website?

I agree. Being able to control when to charge from the grid when prices are low would be really nice.

It can be controlled from the shinephone app, but its really cumbersome.

@hmadsen : are the shown graph from HA, and if so, what integration are you using?

@KasperEdw

Yes they are from HA, it is integrated from Nordpool, that is the “Electric exchange” my power supplier is buying the electricity that they sell me from.

Look at this thread, this is where i found the scripts for this integration.

You will need to install “hacks” for the nordpool integration, and Apex chart cards (All is mentioned in the other thread).

I have a growatt inverter and home battery. I can connect with home assistant, solar production sensor data is shown, but I don’t have any data for my battery.

Data from the dashboard at https://server.growatt.com :

I have 27 entities in ha for the girowatt integration, but no entities for the battery.
Is there a way to fix this?

I just filed an issue in Growatt_server integration and now found this topic.
I am having the same issue with the Growatt 2500-S not showing the right values and not able to select the right sensor in Energy.
When I add state_class: total_increasing in the YAML for sensor Plat Dak Energy today I can select it in Energy config but throws an error:
statistics_not_defined
sensor.plat_dak_energy_today

Hi,

A have a Growatt inverter and the growatt intergration running. The live power and total power overall and total power this day are working correct.

There are also a number of values starting with the inverters serial number that have been added to home assistant, but are not filled. Like voltage per string, amparage per string. and temperatures. Why are those entitys created but not filled?

I would like to log the perfromance per string.

Am i the only one that has massive problems with the server / app in the last few days.

Works fine some times, but most of the day, just endless “Server timed out” messages.

I REALLY feel they should maybe beef up their servers more, than they did the last time.

Also, if the servers are all in China, maybe have server in USA, a server in Europe and so on, to spread the load, and maybe actually deliver a reasonable service.

I mean, i paid good money for this features, it’s a bit sad, that it works so poorly.

1 Like

Yes The Growatt servers are terrible last days. Have seen updates for the ShinePhone app but it is not resolved yet.

Hi

Yes i also got an update for the app, but this did not resolve the problem with connectivity.

Honestly, as long as their servers are shit, they should focus on getting them fixed, instead of releasing app updates.

Earlier the servers were also shit, but then they had a whole day where servers were down because they wanted to do maintenance, and right after that, they worked pretty ok, but this only lasted very shortly, and now there are even worse than before they did anything.

Their inverters seems to be ok, but the software and app support is so poor, that it is impossible for me to recommend them to friends and family.

I wish they would just open up the dongle so that we could get info directly from the inverter, this way we would be able to get data directly, instead of having to go to a Chinese server, and also it would be possible to query more often than now, where the server in China (When it works) queries the inverter every 5 minutes.

The app is also VERY terrible to predict the daily grid consumption. I have had it say “Imported 8 KWh” and when i was able to see the use, reported by the smartmeter, to the electricity company, i had only used 300 Watts.

I bet this is because of the query time being 5 minutes.

When a refrigerator or freezer just turns on, it draws a lot of current for only 1 second, but if it is being queried at that time, it seems i am using, a LOT of power, and 5 minutes later it will not be very much, but still, i only drew a lot of power for a second, but it will think i did this for 5 minutes.

1 Like

Since this afternoon 1611 CET+1 (4,5 hours ago) HASS cannot connect to Growatt. The app still shows the updated data, but HASS cannot connect. Anyone else have this issue?

The log shows this:

Logger: homeassistant.components.sensor
Source: components/growatt_server/sensor.py:42
Integration: Sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 18:27:41 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 19:27:11

Error while setting up growatt_server platform for sensor
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 249, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.shield(task)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/growatt_server/sensor.py", line 74, in async_setup_entry
    devices, plant_id = await hass.async_add_executor_job(get_device_list, api, config)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/growatt_server/sensor.py", line 42, in get_device_list
    login_response = api.login(config[CONF_USERNAME], config[CONF_PASSWORD])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/growattServer/__init__.py", line 119, in login
    data = json.loads(response.content.decode('utf-8'))['back']
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/json/__init__.py", line 346, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/json/decoder.py", line 337, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/json/decoder.py", line 355, in raw_decode
    raise JSONDecodeError("Expecting value", s, err.value) from None
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

Hi

Yes i am the same, no updates to the sensors and after a reboot, the it states that the sensors could not be loaded.

I just had an app update, maybe they changed something in relations to the app update.

OR…Maybe they booted all of us HA users, because “we” are overloading their server with requests, and this is the reason the app has been performing so poorly in the last days.

Same problemen over here.
I created an issue at the indy koning Package on github.

I can see the login call does not give correct response. I guess api is switched off. Because shinephone worked terrible. I guess we where flooding there server.

1 Like

Same here.

Looks like Growatt decided to change the API again I’m coordinating efforts to fix it here: Login error · Issue #28 · indykoning/PyPi_GrowattServer · GitHub

The specific issue to follow for home assistant is here: Growatt server error after upgrade · Issue #71577 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

But we can’t get the fix into home assistant until it’s fixed in the Python library myself and Indy support. I’m looking at it tonight and will update on the github tickets.

I’ve posted an update on both tickets. The home-assistant ticket now contains information on how to hack your installation to make this work until we get the library released and update in home-assistant.

1 Like

@muppet3000 thank you for all you work here. Hope the problem is fixed soon.
I have been thinking to use the hack to retrieve the data locally using:

Anybody any experience in how well and stable this works?

I have no idea how you’re proposing to use that repo with home-assistant I’ve also never used that repo either, so I can’t assist, sorry.