Aqara Curtain Driver E1

Created a GitHub issue for it. Any help would really be appreciated.

Hi, I am thinking about buying some of these.

Can someone give an update as to what works and what does over Z2M. I wont be using their hub and all HA based.

I’m about to make a purchase… did you?

Check this, Xiaomi ZNCLBL01LM control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT, I have 4 of them and this functionality sort of works - apart from some errors as described in Xiaomi ZNCLBL01LM: Template variable warning: 'dict object' has no attribute 'motor_state' when rendering '{{ value_json.motor_state }}' · Issue #15116 · Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt · GitHub. Otherwise, send me a PM if you have specific questions.

I also have these curtain drivers, and do not manage to get them properly working. I am using Node Red. The problem is a proper and ‘full’ recognition of the curtain driver.

Initially I was using a Sonoff P USB device (ZHA). That did lead to a minimal but very incomplete set of controls and information.

Than I updated the USB-software to https://github.com/Koenkk/Z-Stack-firmware/raw/master/coordinator/Z-Stack_3.x.0/bin/CC1352P2_CC2652P_launchpad_coordinator_20221226.zip
Overall, that seems a small improvement, but still not really OK.

So, I decided to upgrade the USB to the advised Sonoff E USB, which as effect that the curtain driver does not work at all any longer :rage:

I also experimented with ‘ZhaQuirk_Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1 device.py’ … which had no noticeable impact

Then I did install MQTT / core-mosquitto … it is running, but no idea how to let it recognize the curtain driver … to be honest I do not even know if a combination of ZHA and MQTT is possible

What ever help is appreciated …

But what actually didn’t work? Could you specify? I’m looking forward to help

ZHA does not need MQTT and MQTT does not work with ZHA.
What you are looking for is MQTT and then Zigbee2MQTT

for all those for whom the curtain driver still slips through. I have found the perfect solution:

This window seal can be mounted on a U-profile as well as the rod. There are certainly in all countries.

1 Like

Could you help us out with some pictures as to how you used it?

1 Like

Thats pretty awesome!

Slightly off-topic, but I’ve just moved to Home Assistant Yellow (was previously using Odroid w/ a SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle). I use ZHA and my Aqara E1 Curtain driver, was sort of working with this custom quirk.

Anyway, had a couple of devices not reconnect after I migrated ZHA to the Home Assistant Yellow radio/coordinator. So I re-paired them, no trouble - except the Aqara E1 Curtain driver. It just will not pair. I’ve tried re-pairing other devices in the same room and they were all discovered without issue.

I’ve tried holding the button on the unit for 5 seconds until it flashes blue. I’ve tried holding it for 10 seconds (I read somewhere this powers it off) and then holding for 5 seconds again. Nothing that I’ve tried works.

Long shot, but is anyone else having issues with the Aqara E1 Curtain driver when used with Home Assistant Yellow?

Anyone got the Aqara Curtain Driver E1 working with deCONZ?

No and it will probably never do.
You might want to look into Zigbee2MQTT or ZHA instead.

Hello
Does anyone have problems with Aqara Curtain Driver E1?
For some reason, every 1-2 days it disconnects from the Z2M, the signal becomes weaker and the device simply does not respond to commands
To resolve this issue,I have to do factory reset, and then I can connect again. But it’s working only for 2 days.

Nope, and I have 4 of them. Connected through Zigbee2MQTT, connected on a ConBee2 stick. What hardware do you run, and what is your Zigbee2MQTT channel configuration?

I have the same problem. I have 3 aqara blinds motors working with SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus for ZigBee2MQTT. But every 2 or 3 days this blinds leave the network for no reason and a must to configure these again.

I have a zigbee shutter with similar issues. Work around is to create a zigbee group in z2mqtt, even if you create a group of just one.

Let me know if it works for the aqara too.

Thank you! However, it worked slightly differently for me. I had to manually stop the driver at the end positions using my hand to calibrate it because my curtain trail is longer than the desired travel distance for the curtain. Your hint finally put an end to my struggle. I had been attempting to use the calibration option for hours without fully grasping how it functions. Now it works as it is supposed to be. Cheers!

1 Like

Can anybody explain what is the right way to calibrate these things? (Without the Aqara app, of course; I am using z2m).

I heard about tripple clicking the button and yes, it beeps but it is unclear to me what the right steps are. Do I need to move it to open position, then 3x tap, then close, 3x tap? Or other way round? Or something else? If I move it to a random spot and then tripple click, what happens? How does the curtain know whether it’s open or closed?

Similarly z2m exposes “Limits Calibration” with “Start”, “End”, “Reset” buttons but without giving any explanation or instructions whatsoever. Not clear when to click Start/End or Reset and whether this has to be done in conjunction with some other operation (e.g., manually pulling the curtain driver, clicking Open or Close etc).

For me they just end up stopping at random positions which is frustrating and I am trying around to push the buttons in certain order but without knowing how they are SUPPOSED to be used it’s hard to make this work.