Aqara Curtain Driver E1

1. make sure the opening and closing is in the right setting (go to ‘setting(specific)’) to change it
  2. use the open/close to adjust the motor to where you want it to be fully closed
  3. press on reset
  4. press on start
  5. use open/close to adjust the motor to where you want it to be fully opened
  6. press on end

used this today and it worked well for me

2 Likes

So I got the rod version today and was successful in pairing it in ZHA and also setting the limits manually using the three-button-press procedure that is described in this thread – thank you very much to the community!

I am left with one rather significant issue however: In HA, I can only open and close the curtain by using the percentage slider, not the regular open/close controls. When I use the latter, nothing happens. Anyone else have experienced this?

1 Like

Yes! I’ve just got a HA Yellow which uses ZHA and am slowly migrating hardware across from my old RPi, which used Zigbee2mqtt. It worked flawlessly before but now I’ve got exactly the same problem as you.

1 Like

I’m glad I’m not alone :slight_smile: I also tried the ZHA Quirk that was posted further above, and while it did improve some aspects (i.e. I can now see the battery percentage), it didn’t change the open/close behavior at all and it still only works when using the percentage slider. Sadly, my Google Assistant integration isn’t working for the same reason – “Hey Google Open the Curtain” does nothing.

I have the same problem as @Hotelk posted above here

Every several days the device stops responding and I have to reset it and reconnect (and of course set it up again). This is very anoying.

Workaround (by @Aut1 here) by adding it to zigbee group does not work - the device does not respond to this (timeout) even when other things work at that time.

The same happenes when running on Rpi3 and on Intel i3 CPU under Proxmox.

All other devices work ok.

I have Sonoff USB Dongle P with coordinator firmware 20220219.

Do you have any ideas what to do? Thank you for your help!

I had also problems with the E1, but my Dongle P firmware was older then yours.
I updated yesterday to firmware version 20230507 removed the zigbee device and re-added it.
Now both E1 curtains are showing temperature, battery and correct number of their state.

So, you can try updating your Dongle P to see if that also works for you.

1 Like

Unfortunately updating the Sonoff P dongle didn’t help – I’m still having the same issues that the curtain driver doesn’t react to simple open/close controls (in ZHA).

So I got this (sort of) working now via Z2M. Dual/double/two curtain mode not working when pulling the curtain though. I create group helper in HA, so automations do work.

Does anyone got this fully working with double sided curtains?

Apart from pulling, yes.

Thanks, I’ve created an automation which closes/opens the other curtain when you pull on a curtain, but it still feels a bit wonky.

I found what the problem was

I used the sonoff dongle E stick with the old firmware. After updating the firmware on the stick itself, the problem disappeared

I found what the problem was

I used the sonoff dognle E stick with the old firmware. After updating the firmware on the stick itself, the problem disappeared.

please tell me more about this part. I am facing exactly this problem. Wrong state for both of my curtains

they are both closed!

I upgraded the firmware on my coordinator a couple of days ago, and I have not seen any improvement on the reliability of these devices and my zigbee2mqtt. After a couple of days of pairing them back, they seem to drop out from the network. Pulling at the curtain does work, but they cease to respond to home assistant commands.

I just created this issue: ZNCLBL01LM unreliability · Issue #20795 · Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt · GitHub

Hi guys!

Small/big issue - I have been running 4 of these E1 drivers with Z2M on HA for about 2 years and one of them really gives me a headache.

What happens is that it ever so slightly shifts its start/finish position each time to the point that after 30-40 times its shifted a whole 20-30 cm and the curtain is no longer covering the window properly. Then I need to unlock the hooks, move it 20-30cm back and lock it back. It’s very annoying and frustrating to have to do this every so often!!!

The other 3 work perfectly…so my question to you…have you had anything similar? And if so, how the heck do you fix something like this?

Thanks!

Same experience. I also have 4 devices and only one of them is giving me trouble. I purchased my units during last Black Friday and I had an issue with one of my zigbee routers, so I’ve had them operating for like 2 months. The offset in my case keeps accumulating and I had not done a thing to mitigate it. Will follow your same approach to solve the issue.

In my case, the problematic driver is the one that has to liase with the heaviest set of curtains. I had assumed that this continuous deviation was due to the weight the unit has to deal with.

It really is annoying…