Aqara M2 gateway support

I hope so, I am so confused on how to get my Aqara devices on HA. I am an android user and don’t want to use homekit.

Homekit-Controller( Now Homekit-Device) in HA has nothing to do whether you are android-phone-user, and yes when you have your devices installed in Aqara-App ( on your android ) as i asume you have now, then in HA, install Homekit-Controller( Now Homekit-Device), ( Not Homekit-Integration ) , after you installed Homekit-Controller( Now Homekit-Device), restart HA , pluug-out you M2 from power, then Plug it in again, press the “pair” button for 5-10 second, and Homekit-Device should discover it, and your good to go, if homekit-integration pops up … click IGNORE

3 Likes

You are the MAN!! I got it to work!!! Thank you

1 Like

Did you find any approach to being able to manage the M2 from both their app and from the HomeKit integration in HA? I have this working with some accessories, but if I want to view logs in M2, or add more, I seem to have to do a network reset, add the hub back to the mobile app, lose it from HA and later add it back.

When I add it back to HA it shows up as a new device with all new entities, which is not really usable.

Hi. I’m noob to HA and I’m trying to connect my Aqara devices to HA. I have some sensors connected to Aqara Camera hub G2H Pro. I tried the mentioned method with Homekit Controller but without success.
If I understand correctly by “Install Homekit-Controller” it means in HA Settings → Devices and services → Integrations → Add Integration → Homekit-Controller, it says no unpaired devices find.
After that I restarted HA, unplug power to the camera hub, put the pin in the reset, it says its ready for connect, but doesn’t appear in HA.
Maybe I’m doing something wrong?

I have HA installed in VM in Hyper V in Windows if that is important.

Not even Aqara M2 is mentioned as “Suppoted Device” in Homekit-Controller, so i shouldn’t expect that “Aqara Camera hub G2H Pro” would-

In fact if you search on your device “Aqara Camera hub G2H Pro” in this forum, you would get some hints and suggestions upon another github-reposetory , which ive never seen before, as i have M2 (EU)

PS: above is same url as “ndo” posted above

Below is hints from this forum

Hello, thank you for looking into the topic. I also have the problem of not being able to integrate the M2 into HA. M2 is connected in my Aqara App (Android). Then I want to install Homekit controllers in HA and it shows me that no unpaired devices were found. Thus, Homekit controller is not installed in HA…

What do you actually mean by this ? … do you want to install Homekit Controller ? or did you install homekit-controller, and it says it havent found any unpaired devices … yet ? …

or is …

I was able to solve my issue following @Blackway instruction (THANKS!)
After removing it from HomeKit, I went to HA to add it thru the HomeKit controller.
Funny enough I did not have to re-add it in Homekit, it seemed to have been back there automatically.
but don’t quote me on that one, I feel like I may have gone insane working on that thing for hours.

• I still have the m2 in the aqara app, I can see logs and most importantly still uses it’s IR blaster through Alexa. I had an intricate IR blaster setup with 4 remotes I spent hours doing, so was pretty pissed to lose this since it requires to be in the aqara app.

• I have the m2 in homekit so I can see temperature stuff in there and control the aqara alert system.

• I have it in HA so I do more elaborate stuff with its sensors, my initial reason to migrate to HA.

All set! Thanks Again @Blackway !!

So I need an iOS device in order to connect the camera hub G2H Pro to HA. I’ll find one and update here on the progress.

Right, I want to install Homekit controllers in HA via “add integration”. The Homekit controller then immediately searches for unbound devices. And since it doesn’t find any, Homekit Controller won’t install either.

Got that, so make sure your M2 is “offline/plugged out”, plugg it in again reset it, so i goes into “pair” mode, clcik on “Add- homekit controller”

And, if you for some reason “already” have tried, and “happend” to add the M2 in another Integration, make sure you remove it there first !

Meaing if your M2 is still “pair/bound” to i.e, Homekit, Aqara App, or any other “Controller/App” … Homekit-Controller wont find it

… Or simply “”“press the button”“” on the M2 for about 10 seconds, when you clicked " ADD Homekit-Ctrl " …( PS: it doesn’t mean exact 10 sec., you can let go when HK-C get the message)

I was able to add the Gateway but ii dont get my Cube T1 Pro as new device in HA.
Does someone get the Cube?

Just adding to others for the thank you on this! Been searching for a week on how to add this

Hi @boheme61 and Hello everyone
I’m trying to bind my M2 with HA following this procedure but I have the same problem of @Roka0304
I can’t install the HK-C because every time I try to install it I receive message that there are no devices to add.

I try to reset and disconnect the M2 many times, I never added the M2 to homekit because I’m an Android user I’m using only with Aquara Home App and the M2 is connected with lan cable.

I red all this conversation but I can’t add the M2 to HA, maybe I still miss something.

just to be sure that the reset was made in the right way I check and M2 became available to be added to the Aquara app again but not in the HK-C

thanks to everyone

Hi , you start your first post with “pinging” 2 people, is that to inform us , that you gave up after 0min read time ? ( and you say you read this whole Topic, and might have “followed” links also , just to check whether you would get some better understanding ? )… as you might have seen, is that your question, is so much similar to most , and with nothing “new” under that “Moon”
What do you expect me to say ? … try again ? … reed twice ? , From now on i refuse to answer same question , over and over again, so thanks to everyone for your interest in my opinion, but it works for me, i’ve never had problems spite i’ve added the M2 to 3 different VM’s, and initially Supervised, and i’ve noticed that the official Documentation for the integration(s) is also updated , so i don’t need to say ( make sure(try) to restart, after that try again, then you could try again another way (i.e hols the button for 5-10 seconds , 15 ? , make sure it’s on the same network etc. etc.
Most of all Don’t @ anyone in a request , when you literately just signed up here, and didn’t care to read the first post

sorry for disturbing you…
anyway I read all the topic twice, maybe I wasn’t logged in.
I try different times, I will try again and again.

thanks for your help

https://community.home-assistant.io/search?q=add%20aqara%20m2%20to%20homekit%20controller

Good luck, im sure you solve it soon

I just did that @Blackway said, and in HA I think it’s stuck on this

I reset the G2H Pro camera hub, add it to the Aqara App, then to Homekit on iOS, then remove it from Homekit. In HA go to Add integration → Apple HomeKit Controller → found it and then this spins like 10 minutes now like in the screenshot.

If I may, I’d like to add to your instructions because I figured out how to get access to the Aqara app while using HA.

1. First install the Aqara iOS App and register the M2 Hub, this should add to HomeKit. Then add all accessories.
  2. After that remove the M2 from Apple Home app’s HomeKit. Don’t use the 10 second reset button to do this.
  3. Got to HA and install the HomeKit-Controller via http://192.168.1.1:8123/_my_redirect/config_flow_start?domain=homekit_controller It will find the M2 and its accessories and add to HA.
  4. Your iOS app should still have it loaded

Note: for a full setup reset, press reset button for 10 seconds, release, and see yellow light means that it’s able to pair a new HomeKit setup.

4 Likes