Aqara new people presence sensor FP2

I’m experiencing the same. I initially thought it was my imagination, but with 1.1.7, ghosts are definitely a bigger issue than before.

Anyone know how to rollback the firmware? Or do we need to wait on Aqara providing a fix?

I am wondering if anyone can help me, I recently got a FP2 and have it set up in the Aqara app no problem, I setup several zones and everything is working great there.

I move over to HA and It says it discovered a new device. I add it thru the homekit controller, enter in the pairing code and it shows up in HA, problem is as I walk around into the different zones it only ever shows activity in 2 of the zones (the main zone, and for some reason the first zone I setup in the Aqara app)

If I enter into Zone 2, 3, 4 or 5 the state of the zones in HA doesn’t ever change. The default (person detected zone) will always stay as detected in HA and I can see myself moving around in the Aqara app so it is seeing me.

I’ve removed the device from Aqara and HA a few times now and I can’t get the zones in HA to properly show, I do not have an apple ecosystem so I’m not adding anything into Apple home, just straight into HA via the homekit controller integration

Not sure if this is the info you are looking for. Factory reset sensor hit the button on the sensor 10 times quickly it will reset the sensor. Then re add it to the aqara app and the real-time detection is a whole lot better well for me anyway. I am on 1.1.7. I played with the zones and haven’t added to home-assistant yet as I am still honing in the zones.

1 Like

will there be a problem for the presence sensor to fill the logg so the database will be full and home assistant will crash? i had som problems with this before with some devices

Installation withoud a homekit HUB/bridge

First thing to do:

• In HomeAssistant INSTALL the HomeBridge integration.

• After this is complete install the Homekit Controller integration and connect with the code from homebridge integration (HASS Bridge xxxxx)

When this is completed go to install the FP2 sensor with the Aqara app.

After the installation of the FP2 sensor is completed you get a new discover device in HomeAssistant that you can connect (code is on back of sensor)

other link

Received two FP2’s today and I’ve set up the first one in the Aqara app which then went through the setup in Apple Home but once that finished the device is appearing in the Aqara app but not the Home app.

I factory reset it and went through the install again and this time I’ve waited around 4 hours for the HomeKit app to update (thought I’d try it) and the FP2 still isn’t appearing in it.

Any ideas/suggestions?

I’ve found it in the Home app…it was in the ‘Accessories No Response’ part of the settings.

So I removed it in the Aqara app then factory reset and install again but it’s gone straight into the ‘No Response’ area or the Home app again.

This is ridiculous.

It won’t flood the database, it behaves nicely.

Finally got the two FP2’s installed but when I go to configure the rooms my icon is not moving in real time, it is just stuck in the original position.

I’ve force closed the Aqara app a number of times and given it a minute to settle then moved around the room but the person icon doesn’t move.

Anyone have any tips for this issue?

The only advice I have it to wait for Aqara to fix their app. Your experience is pretty constant with mine (and others, based on reading this thread). The Aqara app is Not Great. I find the real time person icon works maybe 5% of the time, and even then only for a few minutes. If I’m trying to setup or tweak a room, I spent 80% of my time force quitting and restarting the app in the hopes of getting an icon where I am.

No need to restart the app, from the map page you just have to go to the overflow icon (three dots on top right) and back, this will force update, but it’s still a pita.
I guess you are all on iOS, like me ?
As far as understand, the Android app is updating fine.

But all this is kind of moot in regards to the total mess of version 1.1.7 which renders the FP2 unusable.
I don’t understand Aqara, they went from 1.1.6 to 1.1.7 in a couple of days, like there was a fatal bug but 1.1.6 was way better and now we seems to be stuck to 1.1.7 for more than a week and… nothing.
If at least they provided a mean to downgrade…

1 Like

Yeah 1.1.7 is a shambles.

It’s definitely more sensitive. FP2 was detecting my chair as a person! I needed to reduce the sensibility to low because on Medium it wasn’t detecting the non presence!

I have the Aqara app installed on iOS and Android. iOS would stop working at some point in time no matter what I did to try and fix it the app wouldn’t update. Android has worked from day 1. I’m not sure what I did but the Aqara iOS app works all the time as of late. Maybe it was Homekit update no clue.

Has anyone successfully set up a FP2 mounting it in a room corner?

I’m wondering how easy/difficult the room config was because I recall seeing somewhere that Aqara are planning, but not yet, improving the map to include corner mounting so I’m thinking room config is difficult.

EDIT: corner mounting should, in theory, be the optimal way to mount considering the 120 degree arc of operation as it would reduce blindspots.

A corner is only 90°

2 Likes

That’s my point, Tom, there would be no blind spots, as opposed to mounting in the centre of a wall where there would be 30 degrees of blindspot either side of the sensor.

I have 2 FP2s installed in the corners, but these are places where I only care about reliable presence detection, not zoning. For detection of presence in specific zones either mounting on the wall or in the corner, but with perfect 45° angling is preferred, otherwise creation of zones in the app might be nightmare. Promised update to handle corner mouning, I gues, will also cover only such case rather, that any angle…
Other limitation of corner mouning is that room might become too large… I have one such case, where wall to wall distance is 9m, but if I put FP2 in the corner, it makes corner to corner distance of ~11m, which makes opposite corner of the room not detectable, quite above declared 8m reach.

1 Like

This is one of my concerns as corner mounting does push that limit in many cases and I suppose it would mean more than one FP2 in a room to cover the whole area.