Aqara new people presence sensor FP2

I updated both mine - Chinese versions and I am in UK.

Both seem fine. The iOS app actually tracks me in real time now, though I havent used the app since I set them up so it may have been working for a while

Updated and still total shite. It cannot see more than one person at a time. ONE OF THE MAIN SELLING POINTS

Same result here.
HA 2023.7.1
FP2 sensor updated to 1.1.9

I mentioned a little change in the precense switch.
Before the update it turned off after 10 seconds. (Sort of delay if person has left)
After the update it seems to switch it off instantly.

I was on 1.1.6, skipped 1.1.7, and now on 1.1.9 on 4 FP2s. I’m a single person household, but 1.1.9 seems fine to me. Aqara iOS app seems more responsive. But I haven’t setup a new FP2 on this firmware code, and setup is what was exceptionally frustrating trying to map out a room.

So I can’t comment on multiple people detection, but single person seems to work fine.

1 Like

It’s now only about a day I updated from 1.1.7 to 1.1.9 so too early to come to conclusions but at first sight this version seems to simply be a revert to 1.1.6.
I mean, no ghosting anymore but some difficulty to track more than one person.
Which means it’s more or less usable again, time will tell if this version is actually better than 1.1.6 was.

1 Like

Im on 1.1.9 I was on 1.1.7 but for me this is a new sensor so my experience before this update is limited.

With 1.1.7 I did have ghosting and while 1.1.9 does seem to have fixed that now I have a new issue which is that the sensor seems to lose people. If 2 of us are on the sofa and 1 leaves the room the sensor can lose track of the other person and think everyone is gone. The same goes for other zones if someone in that zone and someone passes through that zone the person seated or not moving very much gets lost and the sensor switches to the person passing through.
Its a real shame as I really love the idea of the zones but right now I cant really rely on the sensor.
Oh my apologies I see that iDevice more or less said the same thing above.

Went through all versions since 1.1.16 up to 1.1.19 and frankly speaking do not see major difference. I experienced very little ghosting, but usually it went out after the first absence reset procss. Now I ahve 4 sensors and all works pretty fine.
The question I have is more related to comments on many of you related to count of people in the zone not being reported correctly. Yes, this is something that is visible i Aqara app, but once sensor is integrated into HA this information (not only position, but even count of people n zone) is not passed to HA. So what counts for me is if any presence detection in the specified zone is accurate. Am I missing something? Is there any way to use this information in HA somehow?

Your not missing anything but as I said above the presence isn’t accurately reported to HA since the sensor is loosing track of other people in the room. I can be sat on the sofa with my partner watching the TV I get up and leave the room and maybe because I pass by my partner on the way to the door or maybe because she hasn’t moved much in a while the sensor reports no presence.
I have my fp2 in the middle of a wall the room is rectangular so fairly easy to map. The presence sensitivity is high.
It worked quite well in 1.1.7 except for some ghosting but as iDevice said its definitely not tracking more than one person very well.
I walked into the room where my son was sitting in the dining area I gave him a drink and left the room the presence in HA then updated to clear despite him still being there. This is happening a lot.
My only fix right now is to extend the time before anything happens in my HA automations.

OK, got your problem. I did not experienced this myself; for me (looking at Aqara app) indeed somethimes not all people are recognized in the room, but in HA I get pretty reliably infromation about zones occupancy. So far I did not observed situation when one of two people would left the room and sensor would report absence. Might be specific to room layout, sensor placement or interference sources and I just might be lucky (or just missing such situations :slight_smile: ).

For me it’s been now a few days since I’ve updated it to 1.1.9 from 1.1.7 and ai must say that it’s A LOT better than 1.1.8 was. Still not perfect and not sure if better or worse than 1.1.6, but finally there is no ghosting when noone is in the room and yes, it has some problems with multiple person tracking if we’re too close to each other, but at least it’s now better than it was before

The more I read the more I find my decision to wait buying them the right one. I have 5 EP1 from EVERYTHING SMARTHOME and I am soo pleased with them. The biggest problem is that they are always out of stock, he sells loads of them.

1 Like

Upgraded mine as well, it’s still detecting people when the room is empty - I need to play with zone interference I think as right now it’s not usable.

another question, is the light level correctly reported for you? I does not seem to update on mine (I have an Aqara regular motion sensor next to the FP2):
lux

edit - the aqara app sees the lux level changes, so the problem is within the homekit/ha integration?

My lux sensor is working, no problems

How did you set it up? What height? I don’t have this experience with ceilling mounted in a corner with a angle looking in the room.

It’s on the wall in the middle a of room. The aqara app is reporting lux levels correctly and the numbers are similar to the motion sensor. So it’s “seeing” the light correctly but not sending to home assistant.
Should I delete and re-add via homekit?

You can try that if you didn’t :wink: I don’t know what is wrong.
I did nothing special to get it working the first time I added the sensor.

do you know if I can just remove the device from the homekit device integration and HA will re-discover it? I’d like to avoid having the reset the fp2 and re-do all the zones as that was painful enough :upside_down_face:

Never did that before so I don’t know.

Did you test this?

I believe the Aqara app may allow one to backup their current layout/configuration. You may want to try doing that first before removing it from HomeKit. In the Zone Management, click the icon in the upper right corner of the screen, enter a Template Name, then click SAVE in top-right corner. Now, when you go back to the Zone Management page, at the bottom click Template, then click “My” instead of “Recommend”. You should see your saved template. This way, you should be able to restore that template quickly, should something go wrong during the unpairing from Apple HomeKit process.

4 Likes