Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client - Updates Thread

Can I report Geo location or track my device using MQTT ?

From Ariela not currently, but you can do an automation that will send a MQTT topic + some data when the device tracker value changes. I have in plan on adding a MQTT device tracker sensor in the future (most likely it will be available somewhere next week).

+1
That will be helpful. I can then remove owntracks and use only one application.

1 Like

Hello,

Ariela version 1.3.1.6 is out.
What’s new:

• NEW: new option that will use internal IP for connection when device connected to a home wifi
  • NEW: added option to choose boot start mode (background / foregroud)
  • show toast with the NFC tag send
  • fixed crash when showing climate controls
  • fixed IFrame lovelace card display issue
  • use default language for TTS

Please test it and let me know how it goes. Thank you.

Hello all,

Version 1.3.1.7 is out.
What’ new:

• NEW: support for weather-forecast lovelace card
  • NEW: added option to select MQTT camera resolution

Please test it and let me know how it goes. Thank you.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Hope you find out until now about When will there be an official Home Assistant for Android app??? which announce that a new Home Assistant android official app is in the works.
What i wanted to say is that having the new official app is a very good news, but as it was stated in that announcement, they encourage other Home Assistant apps to be developed and available for you guys.
Knowing this, i want to let you know that Ariela development will still continue, bugs will be fixed and many new features will be added in the future.

Thank you very much for using Ariela, and i really appreciate the good words, kind reviews, bugs / features reported. Such kind of interaction with you, makes me proceed further in order to deliver a good experience for Home Assistant on Android devices.

Thank you.

7 Likes

Hello all,

Version 1.3.1.8 is out.
What’s new:

• NEW: support for json_attributes_topic
  • fixed issue when displaying time on weather lovelace card
  • fixed connection failed issue
  • updated German localization
  • updated Russian localization

Please test it and let know how it goes. Thank you.

1 Like

Running Ariela Pro in Lovelace Mode. None of my cards are showing up. Just blank screens on all my views. Is it possibly because I use card-modder on every thing?

I am totally an iOS guy but I visit your thread daily to see the incredible pace you’re making fixes and adding new features! It’s incredible what you’re doing here.

1 Like

Yes, the card modder is not supported by Ariela in native UI.

Thank you very much, i am glad you like it :smiley:

Lol, I also have lurked this thread for a long time and been jealous of what Ariela has made possible for Android users that we on iOS can only ever dream of. Glad to know I’m not the only one!

3 Likes

You’re bringing us great stuff on the iOS side too Robbie. Thank you for all that you do.

1 Like

Hello all,
Version 1.3.1.9 is out.
What’s new:

• NEW: added states developer option
  • changed the add items text from notifications
  • fixed application power drain issue

Please test it and let me know how it goes.
Thank you.

Good day, small question.Whilst using Ariela in webui mode the custom cards don’t respond normally. in this case i’m referring to swipe card. Is this a current limitation?
thank you.

The WEB ui interface in Ariela it should work same as in Chrome for example. Can you confirm the issue is only in Ariela?

Yes, i confirm the issue is with Ariela only. in chrome the swipe card works as intended.

in Ariela, the card is displayed, but it doesn’t “swipe”. If you poke the progress bar (bottom slider line) it jumps, but it’s uncontrollable.

Hello everyone,

In the next period (until 20 April) i will be traveling so updates to Ariela will not be available like it was until now. After 20, the updates rate will be like normal.
Sorry for inconvenience.

I will investigate this.

Is there any limitations on the size of floorplan-drawings in ariela? It doesn’t show up for me, just a black bar.

I’m experiencing some problems streaming my cameras using the generic platform. Sorry if I missed it in a post above.

When opening the camera in the Ariela app a spinning wheel just shows and nothing happens.
If I open the lovelace on the same device in my chrome browser I get the stream immediately.

Any clues?

Can you share a picture from the spinning wheel and camera? Thank you. Also if you can send the logs it would be great.