Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client - Updates Thread

Hello,
With the cameras that i tested (online streams mjpeg) and Ariela cameras it works fine. Do you have any special cameras?

Sorry for long delay. If you swipe down from notification it should expand

like this:

This should be fixed in the next version.

Hello,

Version 1.3.2.6 is out.
What’s new:

• allow changing icons in Firebase notifications
  • fixed MQTT crash when cleaning up resources
  • small UI changes

Please test it and let me know how it goes. Thank you.

Why don’t you give the app a nice HA logo?

Well i am not good at design and from what i know i cannot have an app icon that resambles HA.

Hello all,

Version 1.3.2.7 is out.
What’s new:

• mobile_app integration
  • mobile_app notifications
  • fixed weather lovelace card crash

Mobile_api notifications documentation can be found here: http://ariela.surodev.com/2019/05/08/push-notifications-2/
Note: HANotify is still supported and will still be supported so you do not have to worry about your existing notifications.

Hello all,

Version 1.3.2.8 is out.
What’s new:

• NEW: multi HA server support
  • added mobile_api notification instruction
  • fixed weather card invalid display & crash
  • fixed gauge card display issue
  • updated Google libraries

Hi,
How do you add a second HA server? I found the selector but it only showed ‘standard’ without the option to add another server.

Also: when cancelling the logout dialog, the app still logs out, removes the connection details and prompts to add a new one.

…me = dumb, forgot to enable the add server option. I will create now an update to fix this. Also i will add a method to create server from the screen you mentioned.

I cannot reproduce this. How did you cancelled the dialog(back or cancel pressed? )

Hmm yeah, I think it was an error on my side. Did not happen again. Probably fat finger syndrome :wink:

1 Like

Ok, i uploaded version 1.2.3.9 to play store. What’s new:

• added create new server option
  • add servers option in app settings

Hi just installed the free version of the app.
Activated the web ui mode but now i dont have a option to go to the Ariela settings.

How to resolve this?

Just do a swipe right from the left margin and Ariela menu should appear.

1 Like

That was quick! Thank you.
Works now as expected with multiple instances.

I would suggest to add a rename option for the connections so that especially the standard connection can be renamed after adding a second one.

I also noticed that accessing the ariela menu has become harder since the last version(s). It feels like the swipe margin has decreased so much that you have to hit the outermost pixel in order to grab the menu.
I have a bumper on my phone and I barely can open the menu now.

Using webview by the way …

Another bug:
After configuring the first connection and switching to web view, ariela will show the native UI after adding a second connection. The settings still correctly show web UI mode, though.
Switching the setting back and forth fixes it.

How do I “trigger” my Camera to turn it on ?
I’we tried to publish the topic with “1” , “on” or “turn_on” with no result the camera stay IDLE.
And where do I need to include the “trigger” in Home Assistant yaml ?

Update:
By manualy trigger the mqtt topic, now I can get static image, bot no stream ??
Still the question to where do I place the trigger in the yaml.

You need to create an automation or script or similar in order to use the mqtt.publish service + the camera trigger. In order to simulate streaming you can create a timer that will lunch the script or automation created in order to regularly receive images.The next update of Ariela i will implement an option that once enabled will make Ariela automatically send images at a set FPS.

1 Like

Hi Ionut,
After upgrading ti 0.92, I’m no longer able (again), to stream Generic Cameras in the Ariela app. I’m using the web ui Lovelace.
I’m still able to get it working if I just open a Chrome browser.

Can you share me again a camera configuration? Thank you