Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client - Updates Thread

Can you tell me which Home Assistant version you are using?

On second attempt, that seems to have worked have worked. Iā€™ll restart it a few times to confirm.

1 Like

Hi @Ionut, Iā€™m getting problems with this new update. I canā€™t move up in different pages than lovelace (Info, Hassio, configurationā€¦) , because Itā€™s always refreshing. Lovelace screen works fine.

Hello,
Version 1.3.2.3 is out. Whatā€™s new

• updated Spanish localization
  • NEW: ability to show entity state in notification
  • disabled swipe to refresh option in the webview mode

Please test it and let me know how it goes.
Note: Swipe to refresh option has been removed for now in webview (maybe another way it will be implemented in the future). Also, i have in works swipes in order to change tabs in webview mode so please stay tuned :smiley:

thank you for the updates.
The webview issue still persists. custom cards donā€™t respond normally. in this case iā€™m referring to swipe card.

Hello all,
For those who are having problems regarding Firebase notifications and new Home Assistant version please fallow instructions from here: https://github.com/MCrissDev/HANotify

@Ionut

Ariela client has always been using about 2-3GB of data per monthā€¦ seems a bit excessive and it is getting rather expensive. I do love the app, perhaps one of my settings is causing this.

I do have 4 MQTT and the location sensors active. I do have it set to use the web UI. I always update to the latest version however this has been happening for 2-3 months across all updates since I installed Ariela.

I guess loading the web UI every time causes some data usage but definitely not 3GB per month on 4Gā€¦ I seldom use Ariela remotely, only at home however it reports it has used 2.46GB of 4G data so far this month (not including WiFi).

I do not have any camera streaming or pictures loading on the interface, itā€™s all plain groups, switches, thermostats, sensors,etc. At most the only component that is more intensive is the mini-graph custom lovelace card but it is text and it gets rendered on the browser.

I do spend tons of time browsing stuff on Chrome but hereā€™s the usage so far this month for my apps:

Ariela 2.46GB
Chrome 2.17GB usage
Instagram 1.97GB usage

I have the following settings enabled:

Common

• Auto-reconnect
  • Full screen mode
  • Scroll long text
  • Home Wi-Fi networks set
  • Start at boot
  • Start after update

Device Tracker (I seldom move anywhere else, I live a block away from my office)

• Tracking Mode: GPS
  • Updates Period: 5 minutes
  • Updates Position: 50 meters

MQTT

• MQTT Client: Build-In (configured to go over the internet to my domain over unsecured HTTP)
  • Sensors: Battery, WiFi, Ariela Availability, Alarm, Bluetooth

UI

• Web UI

Notifications

• All disabled (I use HTML5 notifications)

Server Connection

• Read timeout: 10
  • Connect timeout: 15
  • Internal and external IP are set
  • Use Internal IP when connected to Home WiFi

Hope you can point me in the right direction, but if anything maybe MQTT is using most of the data but not sure how can I pinpoint the culpritā€¦

Yes please!

1 Like

how do you install Ariela on Android TV device? my Play store says, it is not compatible with MiBox

Hello all,

Version 1.3.2.4 is out.
Whatā€™s new:

• NEW: added swipe support for Web UI mode & Lovelace
  • fixed crash of climate details activity
  • fixed display issue of Gauge lovelace cards

Please test it and let me know how it goes.

1 Like

Ariela can be installed in Android TV box manually. I am still working at native Android TV support. Soon should be available :smiley:

1 Like

Swipe is awesome, thanks

2 Likes

Hi @Ionut, thanks your this great features!!
I found some issues using swipe:

• If you swipe to show Arielaā€™s menu, It changes your current view.
  • If you swipe over a button for example, it will be pressed.

Is there any chance to make swipe feature optional? In my case, I prefered to disable this for my actual config.
Thanks again!!

Swipe does not work properly for me as well. It seems to be way too sensitive . So if I hold my phone with one hand and scroll down it is not 100% vertical. With the latest ariela app it switches tabs very often when I scroll. Using webview mode btw.

Got it, i will see what i can do to tweak the swipe a little.

Hello,
Version 1.3.2.5 is out
Whatā€™s new:

• Web UI swipe improvements
  • added setting option to disable Web UI tabs change by swap left / right
  • scroll title of Lovelace gauge cards
  • fixed Lovelace Gauge card display issue
  • updated Google libraries
  • small UI changes

Please test it and let me know how it goes. Thank you.

1 Like

Hello Ionut,

Good job on the app.
Bought the pro version a few days ago.
One thing isnā€™t working for me and thats the Lovelace Google Calender card.

I see a card in Ariela with the names of the different google calendars.
Not the events that are on this different calenders.

Thanks!!

EDIT: Itā€™s the native android view, the web view is good.

Iā€™m trying to get a different icon on the messages.

Is this how it should work?

- service: notify.android
  data:
    title: 'Home Assistant'
    data:
      icon: 'https://i1.wp.com/indomus.it/wp-content/uploads/HASS_icon.png?w=192&ssl=1'
      timestamp: '%m%d%H%M%S'

This way it wonā€™t workā€¦

I will check and let you know the results :smiley:

That custom lovelace card is not currently available in native UI. But i will add it to my TODO list.

Hey,

Any luck recreating the issue or is it just me?