Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client - Updates Thread

Fantastic! Thanks for the incredibly quick implementation!!

Also, noticed you mentioning some bad reviews that you’ve received on the play store in the other thread. Don’t listen to those people, your developing an awesome app that works great. You also have one of the most prolific update cycles I’ve ever seen. I know! I ask for new functionality, and two days later its added. That is a sign of a great developer! (Not the only sign, but one of them for sure)

1 Like

Thank you very much for nice words, i really appreciate.

Hello all,
Ariela version 1.3.1.4 is out.
What’s new:

• updated German localization
  • NEW: added Portuguese localization
  • fixed connection issue while setting up external access
  • updated Russian localization
  • reset user wifi when using logout
  • NEW: support for weblink views
  • fixed variable entities type rendering issues

Please test it and let me know how it goes. Thank you

Sorry, im a little confused. What URL am I entering into the internal access input? auth.nabucasa.com? remote.nabucasa.com? the URL that’s generated after I log into those?

This what you can enter.

Ariela version 1.3.1.5 is out.
What’s new:

• NEW: support for loading user custom certificates (PCKS + NGINX support)
  • updated Poland localization
  • updated Dutch localization

Please test it and let me know how it goes

Can I report Geo location or track my device using MQTT ?

From Ariela not currently, but you can do an automation that will send a MQTT topic + some data when the device tracker value changes. I have in plan on adding a MQTT device tracker sensor in the future (most likely it will be available somewhere next week).

+1
That will be helpful. I can then remove owntracks and use only one application.

1 Like

Hello,

Ariela version 1.3.1.6 is out.
What’s new:

• NEW: new option that will use internal IP for connection when device connected to a home wifi
  • NEW: added option to choose boot start mode (background / foregroud)
  • show toast with the NFC tag send
  • fixed crash when showing climate controls
  • fixed IFrame lovelace card display issue
  • use default language for TTS

Please test it and let me know how it goes. Thank you.

Hello all,

Version 1.3.1.7 is out.
What’ new:

• NEW: support for weather-forecast lovelace card
  • NEW: added option to select MQTT camera resolution

Please test it and let me know how it goes. Thank you.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Hope you find out until now about When will there be an official Home Assistant for Android app??? which announce that a new Home Assistant android official app is in the works.
What i wanted to say is that having the new official app is a very good news, but as it was stated in that announcement, they encourage other Home Assistant apps to be developed and available for you guys.
Knowing this, i want to let you know that Ariela development will still continue, bugs will be fixed and many new features will be added in the future.

Thank you very much for using Ariela, and i really appreciate the good words, kind reviews, bugs / features reported. Such kind of interaction with you, makes me proceed further in order to deliver a good experience for Home Assistant on Android devices.

Thank you.

7 Likes

Hello all,

Version 1.3.1.8 is out.
What’s new:

• NEW: support for json_attributes_topic
  • fixed issue when displaying time on weather lovelace card
  • fixed connection failed issue
  • updated German localization

Please test it and let know how it goes. Thank you.

1 Like

Running Ariela Pro in Lovelace Mode. None of my cards are showing up. Just blank screens on all my views. Is it possibly because I use card-modder on every thing?

I am totally an iOS guy but I visit your thread daily to see the incredible pace you’re making fixes and adding new features! It’s incredible what you’re doing here.

1 Like

Yes, the card modder is not supported by Ariela in native UI.

Thank you very much, i am glad you like it :smiley:

Lol, I also have lurked this thread for a long time and been jealous of what Ariela has made possible for Android users that we on iOS can only ever dream of. Glad to know I’m not the only one!

3 Likes

You’re bringing us great stuff on the iOS side too Robbie. Thank you for all that you do.

1 Like

Hello all,
Version 1.3.1.9 is out.
What’s new:

• NEW: added states developer option
  • changed the add items text from notifications
  • fixed application power drain issue

Please test it and let me know how it goes.
Thank you.

Good day, small question.Whilst using Ariela in webui mode the custom cards don’t respond normally. in this case i’m referring to swipe card. Is this a current limitation?
thank you.