Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Interesting yes (re ready flashed smart plugs). I wonder what if any licencing restrictions Theo has on the usage of the firmware ??

Pretty easy to find. GPL3. See Tasmota/LICENSE.txt at 5014fb985b741002d1ccf9de23a872f33fe8e06c · arendst/Tasmota · GitHub

No problem with redistribution, subject to the licence.

1 Like

Here you go - a good discussion on someone using it and the author advising re tuning etc

Craig

1 Like

Thanks. For completeness I add https://github.com/fabiannydegger/custom_components

Hi folks. I’m hoping someone is able to help or at least is making progress on this one. I bought a couple of Arlec MAL300HA Grid Connect floodlights from [Bunnings] yesterday. Flashed one with Tasmota and used the template here. It only lets you override the sensor and not actually manually control the light. I was referred to this issue with someone trying to do the same thing. I played around in Tasmota and couldn’t get it to fire. Pulling off some heatshrink inside the unit revealed a TYWE2S module and that’s as far as I got.

Does anyone own one of these and making any headway trying to figure out how to control it?

Just Flashed Kogan RGB-CCT Led Strip with Tuya-Convert

Template submitted to Blackadder

Template as follows:

{"NAME":"RGB+W+C Strip","GPIO":[0,0,0,0,37,40,0,0,38,41,39,0,0],"FLAG":0,"BASE":18}

Did not work on Tasmota 7

Needed to update to 8.1

Also set Color to #RRGGBBWW in console (not sure if required?)

1 Like

So I purchased the Kogan Pet Feeder and flashed it using Tuya-Convert and now it is running Tasmota, I have setup MQTT with my home assistant but now I am stuck.
How do I actually pull and send commands to the feeder?

That’s a pretty cool concept.

I had my deta 4 gang smart switch apart the other day and it didn’t have that cut out to the right of where you tapped in on the relay board. Visually it’s a different board in the smart switch.

A write up for this would be awesome as an educational tool for others.

Hi @ryanbeaton… I’ve picked up a bunch of these now (1, 2 and 3 gang). Three 1 gangs installed and working fine, two more flashed and ready to go.

However, I’m having issues with the 2 gang (haven’t started on the 3 gangs yet). I’ve flashed fine, and used the blakadder template (yours… it exactly the same as the 2 gang Zemismart template), but when I go into the Tasmota interface I just have one on/off toggle rather than two.

Did you (or anyone else) have any issues like this?

Thanks!

The same way as you send commands to anything, by calling services, eg you turn a switch on with home-assistant.turn_on

For the 3/4 gang have a look at this blog post

Hi,
I just got one of their 5m strips (https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-smarterhome-rgb-cool-warm-white-smart-led-light-strip-5m/) but cannot get it to work with Tuya-convert.

Did you have any trouble flashing yours? Mine gets into pairing more and stops blinking after I start the script, but then it just keeps retrying “Resending SmartConfig Packets”.

Cheers

Thanks Scott, I’m all over the smart switches I just solder in a few pins and just permanently leave them in place.

I was more referring to the mod of placing a custom board into the standard (dumb) touch switches. I thought that was a pretty cool mod. Far from cost and time effective but the idea is good as gold.

Did you click the activate button? Once the template is copied and activated it should automatically reboot and show the additional switches

1 Like

I did not! That has sorted it. Much appreciated!

You might find that there is a slight delay too when pushing the button. Or if you double tap the 1st switch it will activate the 2nd switch. By default multi push is on, it is handy if you like the button to have several functions. Personally I hated the delay in the response time and it confused people with the delay and they would push it again. Confusing them even more when another light came on.

If you just want it to respond like a normal on/off switch and don’t care about multi push features open the console for the switch and use the command “SetOption13 1” to set the switch to single touch. It will then act like a normal switch and response times will be drastically improved

1 Like

Good to know… A might keep multi tap on a couple of switches, be for the most of them, the faster response time will be more useful. Much appreciated!

Guys, Just got a 4 pack of the Kogan Plugs with 2 x USB and Power monitor - it was a doddle to setup in Tuya Convert, then added the appropriate adapter from the Blackadder site.

I have calibrated the unit with a Killawatt meter inline.

I am monitoring the raw MQTT at the moment and the Total Power seems very weird.

I have set the Volts to 248 and the current of my dryer as 1750 (which is what the KillAwatt reports and the Dryer manual states as the max)

I have run the dryer for approx 1 hour today and it is telling me the total power is 17.438 - it appears that this is actually 10x as much as the dryer is actually using - anyone have any ideas ?

Actually just looking now and i think it might be because i set the timezone and dst from the console after it started so it thinks it has been running much longer than it actually has ?

Craig

i had the same issue , looks like newer firmware is causing the issue

Did your sort it out? Mine had just arrived