Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Right I have a spare pi 3 actually so that could also be an option…

I think I’ll try these cheaper options before I go off replacing routers just because of one feature limitation.

Hi everyone,

Looking for some advice regarding smart light switches. I have a 3-gang wall plate at the front of my house that has rocker switches for my hall light, veranda light and my garden path lights. I have put wifi bulbs in the veranda and hall so it’s controlling the garden lighting I need some help with.

Looking for options to be able to control turning the garden path lights on/off - no dimming. There is no neutral wires in any of the 3 switches. I have z-wave, zigbee and HomeKit devices in my home so I dont have a preference about the technology used. Have also used Aeotec Nano Dimmer in some rooms - not sure how that would work on the garden lights?

Thanks,
Mark

that is awesome, is it a simple on and off or can it read power consumption? I have a house full of clipsal iconic power points and switches, have shelly’s behind all the switches though now.

No power sensors unfortunately - only control of each outlet.

1 Like

Hiya - anyone know if these can be tasmotoized?

https://www.dicksmith.co.nz/dn/buy/kogan-smarterhome-smart-touch-light-1-switch-gang/

https://www.dicksmith.co.nz/dn/buy/kogan-smarterhome-smart-touch-light-2-switch-gang/

They are half the price of the Deta 1 & 2 gangs which can be for sure Tasmotized (but it requires a usb-to-serial)

All,
Re. Trader Powermesh. I have some of their switches plus the Zimi hub and I was hoping to integrate to Home Assistant so I have logged a Feature Request in the forum. If I can get people to vote for that, perhaps there is a chance that someone can make the integration. I have the API document from Trader but it needs someone clever to write the code.
I have spoken to Trader and they are not interested.

Integration to Zimi / Powermesh - Feature Requests - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

Any chance you could help and and vote for it?

If not, I probably have to try and offload the Powermesh gear and start again with something else.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi, could someone please share a pic or link for an electrical junction box for the IoTaWatt they are using? Thanks :+1:

Hey guys,

Anyone know if these power boards are comparable with Home Assistant and/or the Tuya integration? I find it difficult to figure out what is compatible with Tuya and what isn’t.

Brilliant Smart Wifi 4 Outlet Powerboard with 4 USB Charger Ports | 20691/05

looks similar to this on AliExpress
Wifi Smart Power Strip Surge Protector Voice Control 4 AC AU Outlets Plug Socket with USB Charging Ports1.5m Extension Cord|Smart Power Socket Plug| - AliExpress
it states " Voice Control
Plug a device in, connect to your Wi-Fi network and download a free App “Jinvoo smart” or “Smart Life”." so can only assume it is Tuya compatible

1 Like

Saw the Ali Express version. I’m never quite sure which apps and devices are tuya compatible. Thanks.

It looks exactly the same as the Brilliant Smart plug board that I spent a lot on. I was able to flash it with tuya convert. Of course things may have changed, either via a firmware change, a chipset change or by this being a totally different but identical looking device.

Here is my firmware write-up. https://www.esphome-devices.com/devices/Brilliant-Smart-Powerboard/

The power board has four individually controllable AC sockets, controllable USB (all controlled together), the push button switch and blue/red led around the button. The small leds next to each socket are not controllable, they follow the state of each socket.

Vivitar also make a physically identical looking device.

I think if tuya convert no longer works, you could easily take it apart and flash the esp from the pins, although I haven’t done that myself.

I actually just answered the post below yours, but my post answers your question I think.

I was hoping that it would work with the Tuya integration without having to flash or use Tuya convert or use new firmware.

I have never used tuya as such. They are developing a local tuya HA integration. I know nothing more. Buggered if I want them to have my info though.

Are there any recommendations for front door locks? Ultimately want to enter the house via smart phone NFC tag

ZigBee? Cheap cheap Lockwood T-Lock Digital Lock —

2 Likes

Beware that particular item does not include the zigbee module.

It has a ZB module, as in can connect to a hub. It requires a hub, but who has a RPi without a Conbee right?

Actually you are right. I misread that. But I would contact them to make sure the zigbee module is included as the price is considerably cheaper than available elsewhere - except for ebay sale items I’ve seen that do not include the replaceable zigbee module.

EDIT: Ah! It’s liquidated stock.

I grabbed a couple. Thanks!

1 Like