Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Thanks Tom. I’m not interested in rebates. I just want to make sure I’m obeying relevant laws.

The relevant legislative codes are behind paywalls. But here’s an article to give some clues:

Scroll down to the section of DIY off-grid systems.

5 Likes

Thank you, @wattmatters!

I can vouch for 3:

Tunigyv from Hobbyking: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/18650-type-2500mah-3-7v-8c.html?queryID=5f9375e1ee741d04dd8181c62b3854db&objectID=59748&indexName=hbk_live_products_analytics

eBay seller supersport600.
Although I quickly checked and I’m not sure they have stock? Or maybe stopped trading. Not sure.

And these cheap Bunnings jobs aren’t too bad either depending on your needs.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/solar-magic-2200mah-lithium-ion-rechargeable-batteries-2-pack_p4352437

The first two came up as recommendations when I was searching (on Reddit etc). They are all working pretty well…

And you may be interested in these too. They are pretty decent but the usb connector can come off quite easily add noted in the reviews. I give them some extra solder.

AU $8.24 14%OFF | TZT WEMOS WiFi & Bluetooth Battery ESP32 development tool ESP32 battery esp8266 ESP WROOM 32 ESP32 good

I’ve been sprinkling lots of these cheapies around the place lately.

But you probably won’t win any style awards;)

Did you reply to the wrong person?

That is neither zigbee nor a dual dimmer.

No it was meant to you.

But yeah I guess looking at it again it is a bit off your topic :frowning:

More just that I find these cheap remotes good substitutes for other types of control panels and thought you may have some interest.

I use them as light dimmers amongst other things (with dimmable smart bulbs).

Thanks but I was looking for a zigbee wall plate dual dimmer. I bought the one I linked to. Just hope I can get the external device file for zigbee2mqtt to work.

1 Like

mahko
they look interesting - and thanks for the bunnings battery tip. I am looking to build a 24v battery bank for my water tank level sensor project.
Pat

1 Like

Hmm, wonder how these would go with hue hub… Looks interesting

Anyone tested whether these work with the hue bridge and all? Essentially the same price as the stitchy pucks anyway.

I’m not sure what the Hue hubs are like for compatibiility but I’m sure others would know. I use a Conbee 2.

In the beginning was darkness

On the first day philips made hue hubs and bulbs.

On the second day the users were happy because they hadn’t seen such a wonder.

On the third day he made them compatible with many many varieties of zigbee bulbs.

On the fourth day the users were happy because they could buy cheap compatible bulbs.

On the fifth day Philips couldn’t sell bulbs.

On the sixth day Philips updated their firmware to make most non Philips bulbs incompatible with their hubs.

On the seventh day there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth, and the users ditched their Philips hubs and used an independent zigbee solution like ZHA or Z2M.

Here endeth the lesson.

8 Likes

Some devices like the Stitchy and downlight (eg: Apple Homekit / Hue Compatble RGBW Zigbee Downlight $39.95 (Was $49.95) Delivered @ Lectory - OzBargain) still work with Hue. YMMV

Hi @kanga_who , It’s been a while but I got back to working on this (only 4 months, that’s about normal for me). So the update is I have it mostly working. Remembering my goal here is to have it in Homekit. Which works sort of.

Basically, I can see it setting the speed commands in MQTTT, though it does send a power command if it was off (e.g. If Off the speeds change but the fan never gets turned on). Though Homekit will send the power off when I set it to 0%, I just need it to work the other way.

Update: Actually note the same issue in HomeAssisstat. I can set the speed all day in the slider (MQTTT gets the commends), but nothing happens until I flip the power switch. This was not the case in the old config (before speeds with depreciated), aka this is what I want to have happen

fan:
  - platform: mqtt
    name: "Fan20"
    command_topic: "cmnd/Fan20/POWER1"
    state_topic: "stat/Fan20/POWER1"
    payload_on: "ON"
    payload_off: "OFF"
    availability_topic: "tele/Fan20/LWT"
    payload_available: "Online"
    payload_not_available: "Offline"
    json_attributes_topic: "stat/Fan20"
    state_value_template: "{{ value_json.POWER1 | default('')}}"
    speed_range_min: 1
    speed_range_max: 3
    percentage_command_template: "{{ {0: '0', 1: '3,0', 2: '3,1', 3: '3,2'}[value] | default('1') }}"
    percentage_command_topic: "cmnd/Fan20/TuyaSend4"
    percentage_value_template: "{{ {'0': 0, '3,0': 1, '3,1': 2, '3,2': 3}[value_json.speed] | default('1') }}"
    percentage_state_topic: "stat/Fan20"

What version of HA is this? In mine I have

availability:
      - topic: ""
        payload_available: ""
        payload_not_available: ""

Mine behaves in the same way and I’m not useful enough with the code to make it work in the way you describe.

When it turns on it will default to the lowest speed, so when I use Alexa to activate I just ask to ‘turn on’ and then set the speed with a second command using scripts for each speed if I need it faster, which is rare.

Sure, it’s Home Assistant 2022.3.7

Hmm, thanks for that! At least I know I have it working as well as you do! I swear this used to work in the past, I might tinker with the config a bit to see what I can come up with.

noting this is the config before depreciation of speed names. If anyone else has some idea’s be great to hear them?

- platform: mqtt
  name: "Fan13"
  unique_id: "Fan13" 
  command_topic: "cmnd/Fan13/POWER1"
  state_topic: "tele/Fan13/STATE"
  state_value_template: "{{ value_json.POWER1 }}"
  speed_command_topic: "cmnd/Fan13/Backlog"
  speed_state_topic: "tele/Fan13/RESULT"
  speed_value_template: >
    {% if value_json.TuyaReceived.Data == "55AA03070005030400010016" %}
      Power1 1; TuyaSend4 3,0
    {% elif value_json.TuyaReceived.Data == "55AA03070005030400010117" %}