Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Thanks but I was looking for a zigbee wall plate dual dimmer. I bought the one I linked to. Just hope I can get the external device file for zigbee2mqtt to work.

1 Like

mahko
they look interesting - and thanks for the bunnings battery tip. I am looking to build a 24v battery bank for my water tank level sensor project.
Pat

1 Like

Hmm, wonder how these would go with hue hub
 Looks interesting

Anyone tested whether these work with the hue bridge and all? Essentially the same price as the stitchy pucks anyway.

I’m not sure what the Hue hubs are like for compatibiility but I’m sure others would know. I use a Conbee 2.

In the beginning was darkness

On the first day philips made hue hubs and bulbs.

On the second day the users were happy because they hadn’t seen such a wonder.

On the third day he made them compatible with many many varieties of zigbee bulbs.

On the fourth day the users were happy because they could buy cheap compatible bulbs.

On the fifth day Philips couldn’t sell bulbs.

On the sixth day Philips updated their firmware to make most non Philips bulbs incompatible with their hubs.

On the seventh day there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth, and the users ditched their Philips hubs and used an independent zigbee solution like ZHA or Z2M.

Here endeth the lesson.

8 Likes

Some devices like the Stitchy and downlight (eg: Apple Homekit / Hue Compatble RGBW Zigbee Downlight $39.95 (Was $49.95) Delivered @ Lectory - OzBargain) still work with Hue. YMMV

Hi @kanga_who , It’s been a while but I got back to working on this (only 4 months, that’s about normal for me). So the update is I have it mostly working. Remembering my goal here is to have it in Homekit. Which works sort of.

Basically, I can see it setting the speed commands in MQTTT, though it does send a power command if it was off (e.g. If Off the speeds change but the fan never gets turned on). Though Homekit will send the power off when I set it to 0%, I just need it to work the other way.

Update: Actually note the same issue in HomeAssisstat. I can set the speed all day in the slider (MQTTT gets the commends), but nothing happens until I flip the power switch. This was not the case in the old config (before speeds with depreciated), aka this is what I want to have happen

fan:
  - platform: mqtt
    name: "Fan20"
    command_topic: "cmnd/Fan20/POWER1"
    state_topic: "stat/Fan20/POWER1"
    payload_on: "ON"
    payload_off: "OFF"
    availability_topic: "tele/Fan20/LWT"
    payload_available: "Online"
    payload_not_available: "Offline"
    json_attributes_topic: "stat/Fan20"
    state_value_template: "{{ value_json.POWER1 | default('')}}"
    speed_range_min: 1
    speed_range_max: 3
    percentage_command_template: "{{ {0: '0', 1: '3,0', 2: '3,1', 3: '3,2'}[value] | default('1') }}"
    percentage_command_topic: "cmnd/Fan20/TuyaSend4"
    percentage_value_template: "{{ {'0': 0, '3,0': 1, '3,1': 2, '3,2': 3}[value_json.speed] | default('1') }}"
    percentage_state_topic: "stat/Fan20"

What version of HA is this? In mine I have

availability:
      - topic: ""
        payload_available: ""
        payload_not_available: ""

Mine behaves in the same way and I’m not useful enough with the code to make it work in the way you describe.

When it turns on it will default to the lowest speed, so when I use Alexa to activate I just ask to ‘turn on’ and then set the speed with a second command using scripts for each speed if I need it faster, which is rare.

Sure, it’s Home Assistant 2022.3.7

Hmm, thanks for that! At least I know I have it working as well as you do! I swear this used to work in the past, I might tinker with the config a bit to see what I can come up with.

noting this is the config before depreciation of speed names. If anyone else has some idea’s be great to hear them?

- platform: mqtt
  name: "Fan13"
  unique_id: "Fan13" 
  command_topic: "cmnd/Fan13/POWER1"
  state_topic: "tele/Fan13/STATE"
  state_value_template: "{{ value_json.POWER1 }}"
  speed_command_topic: "cmnd/Fan13/Backlog"
  speed_state_topic: "tele/Fan13/RESULT"
  speed_value_template: >
    {% if value_json.TuyaReceived.Data == "55AA03070005030400010016" %}
      Power1 1; TuyaSend4 3,0
    {% elif value_json.TuyaReceived.Data == "55AA03070005030400010117" %}
      Power1 1; TuyaSend4 3,1
    {% elif value_json.TuyaReceived.Data == "55AA03070005030400010218" %}
      Power1 1; TuyaSend4 3,2
    {% endif %}
  availability_topic: tele/Fan13/LWT
  payload_available: Online
  payload_not_available: Offline
  payload_low_speed: "Power1 1; TuyaSend4 3,0"
  payload_medium_speed: "Power1 1; TuyaSend4 3,1"
  payload_high_speed: "Power1 1; TuyaSend4 3,2"
  payload_off: "OFF"
  payload_on: "ON"
  qos: 1
  retain: false
  speeds:
    - 'off'
    - low
    - medium
    - high

Hey Guys,
Was in Bunnings today to get an Arlec for a play at replacing the wb3l with a 8266 (looks like a bit of a PIA with the current design)
But around the corner in the standard downlights section I found this:
Atom AT9012 Wiz Pro RGBCT
Only $26 and has an external driver.
Anyway turns out it has an ESP32 inside and with a bit of soldering of programming wires it’s now running Tasmota, has a profile on blakadder too.

5 Likes

or added in 2022.3

Hey @kanga_who, I have was able to fix the Speed and Power On part but looking at my old config (this should reduce the commands you have to give in Alexa) @oscill8ory

You just need to change

percentage_command_topic: "cmnd/Fan20/TuyaSend4"

to

percentage_command_topic: "cmnd/Fan20/Backlog"

and then add the two commands (existing and the other the Power 1 command)

percentage_command_template: "{{ {0: '0', 1: 'Power1 1; TuyaSend4 3,0', 2: 'Power1 1; TuyaSend4 3,1', 3: 'Power1 1; TuyaSend4 3,2'}[value] | default('1') }}"

So now when I set a speed it also powers the fan on.

Where I need some help is that the speed is not getting updated in HA. I think this is due to the speed not being reflected in MQTT as expected in this command:

percentage_value_template: "{{{'0': 0, '3,0': 1, '3,1': 2, '3,2': 3}[value_json.speed] | default('1') }}"

When I check MQTT I can’t see that JSON value getting updated. I will note that on the Brillant fan I am doing my testing I have updated it to TUYA v 11. I have some older ones so will test on those. I swear when I set those up about 2 years ago I had the same issue (where I will set the speed in HA and it would then go back to 0)

Being aware though that the old code did this (which I know is now depreciated):

speed_value_template: >
    {% if value_json.TuyaReceived.Data == "55AA03070005030400010016" %}
      Power1 1; TuyaSend4 3,0
    {% elif value_json.TuyaReceived.Data == "55AA03070005030400010117" %}
      Power1 1; TuyaSend4 3,1
    {% elif value_json.TuyaReceived.Data == "55AA03070005030400010218" %}
      Power1 1; TuyaSend4 3,2
    {% endif %}

Then there is also the issue of when using the remotes that it needs to update the speed and power in MQTT / HA. I think getting the percentage_value_template working may go to fixing this. I am aware that one of the guides embedded those serial data in the device itself so it was not required to be in HA, which I might have to do.

If someone who has some experience in MQTT could help me understand what I should be looking for to match in the percentage_value_template? it would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Has anyone got a Mercator Ikuu fan controller working with Zigbee2MQTT?
If so, do you have a converter file you could share? It comes up as a Tuya TS0501 - thanks

It should, as you probably know it works with ZHA so it shouldn’t be too tricky. What does it say it exposes in the z2m UI?

It says “Empty exposes definition” and the device just shows as unsupported.

I can get it to work ok in ZHA, but then my dimmer doesn’t work in ZHA. If I could get that working using a quirk, then I’d be happy to stay with ZHA.

I am also wondering if anyone has one of these? My wife isn’t liking the glass fronted wall plate that I currently have as you can’t feel what you are doing in the dark. This looks like it might have slightly recessed buttons? Also does it use the standard capacitor behind so the original fan speeds are retained?

Any other options for a physical button light and 3 speed fan controller preferably zigbee but will look at WiFi.

See my post above with some questions for you about this wall plate but you can come up with your own converter following the steps here. I have done it before for Nue devices. Support new devices | Zigbee2MQTT