Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

@sparkydave I flexed the outside edge of the downlight surround and bent it back a little, and the diffuser came right out.

The diffuser is only sitting inside the edge by 1-2mm all the way around.

I haven’t gotten around to flashing mine yet, so if you do, I’d love to see pics and the process you follow.

I could not get the ALDI Smart Downlight flashed through tuya-convert or through stock Tuya Integration of HA.
Managed to flash Tasmota through serial and is working with

and HA auto discovery is working with
SetOption19 1

Pin out for flashing

1 Like

By any chance, has anyone bought the Brilliant Garden Lights from Aldi yesterday and has a working ESPHome configuration?

Or is it my turn to be the guinea pig and figure it out? :slight_smile:

Saw these in bunnings today and was wondering if any one sussed them out yet?

I did find this component which claims to work if the lights are controlled by magichome app.
Which these lights do!

Might have to grab one and test!

Edit:
Just got the Neonflex and it works nicely with the component above

Got the ALDI Downlight with ESPHome through Serial flashing

esphome:
  name: kitchen_3
  platform: ESP8266
  board: esp01_1m

wifi:
  ssid: 'xxx'
  password: 'xxx'

# Enable logging
logger:

# Enable Web server
web_server:
  port: 80

# Enable Home Assistant API
api:

ota:
  password: 'xxx'

output:
  - platform: esp8266_pwm
    id: output_warm_white
    pin: GPIO13
  - platform: esp8266_pwm
    id: output_daylight
    pin: GPIO5

light:
  - platform: cwww
    name: "Kitchen Light 3"
    id: light1
    cold_white: output_daylight
    warm_white: output_warm_white
    cold_white_color_temperature: 6500 K
    warm_white_color_temperature: 2700 K

# Ensure the light turns on by default if the physical switch is actuated.
    restore_mode: ALWAYS_ON
1 Like

After making a dodgy screwdriver (cut the tip off and soldered it to a piece of thin steel) I got the Aldi outdoor light open. Should be easy to flash once its open.

1 Like

Please add this to the ESPHome cookbook section! Good to know they sell these

Just came across these, and surprisingly cheap… https://www.highgrovebathrooms.com.au/product/etouch-wall-light-switch-3gang-black/

Hopefully this specification is a typo:

Voltage: AC90~180V

It is repeated in the pdf brichure, but then again the model number is TC2-3GANG US220v.

Who knows.

I have a mate that works at Highgrove, I’ll see what I can find out.

Apparently the owner of Highgrove randomly purchases stuff from OS, my mate has no idea if the stuff is actually compliant or if the website info is accurate. It’s a seperate arm to the Bathroom stuff.

@anilet How exactly did you flash your down light? Does it have a similar board to the outdoor light? The sda scl pins are throwing me.

I stand to be corrected but those aren’t for flashing are they? They are the i2c interface pins.

Thats whats throwing me

Downlight esp chip is TYWE3L
Check this for gardenlight

I also bought the Brilliant LED Floodlight from Aldi, wired it up and was unable to flash it with Tuya-Convert. It just sat there with the dots going across the screen. Tried multiple ways to get it into pairing mode and the wifi from the floodlight was showing up on my phone so it was definitely in pairing mode. Bummer!

Has anyone had any luck with adding the (non-flashed) BrilliantSmart RGB lights to HA? I have other BrilliantSmart devices connected via the Tuya app (as are these lights), but even after forcing an update etc, they are not showing as entities? On a second note, is it possible to manually add them? I have the Ids and Keys for them

I was looking at this at Kmart the other day and was thinking, what would the advantage be over a Broadlink Mini (which is natively in home-assistant) as opposed to buying one of these and flashing them and then using ESPHome? I couldn’t work out if the Broadlink was a worse option but it seems obviously a little easier. On the flipside I was trying to work out why the ESPHome IR would be any better as well? What were your thoughts?

The capturing of and setting up of the codes i found easier in using ESPhome,. I also like the native api of esphome, integration with HA and i don’t have to worry about Broadlink changing anything