Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Just came across these, and surprisingly cheap… https://www.highgrovebathrooms.com.au/product/etouch-wall-light-switch-3gang-black/

Hopefully this specification is a typo:

Voltage: AC90~180V

It is repeated in the pdf brichure, but then again the model number is TC2-3GANG US220v.

Who knows.

I have a mate that works at Highgrove, I’ll see what I can find out.

Apparently the owner of Highgrove randomly purchases stuff from OS, my mate has no idea if the stuff is actually compliant or if the website info is accurate. It’s a seperate arm to the Bathroom stuff.

@anilet How exactly did you flash your down light? Does it have a similar board to the outdoor light? The sda scl pins are throwing me.

I stand to be corrected but those aren’t for flashing are they? They are the i2c interface pins.

Thats whats throwing me

Downlight esp chip is TYWE3L
Check this for gardenlight

I also bought the Brilliant LED Floodlight from Aldi, wired it up and was unable to flash it with Tuya-Convert. It just sat there with the dots going across the screen. Tried multiple ways to get it into pairing mode and the wifi from the floodlight was showing up on my phone so it was definitely in pairing mode. Bummer!

Has anyone had any luck with adding the (non-flashed) BrilliantSmart RGB lights to HA? I have other BrilliantSmart devices connected via the Tuya app (as are these lights), but even after forcing an update etc, they are not showing as entities? On a second note, is it possible to manually add them? I have the Ids and Keys for them

I was looking at this at Kmart the other day and was thinking, what would the advantage be over a Broadlink Mini (which is natively in home-assistant) as opposed to buying one of these and flashing them and then using ESPHome? I couldn’t work out if the Broadlink was a worse option but it seems obviously a little easier. On the flipside I was trying to work out why the ESPHome IR would be any better as well? What were your thoughts?

The capturing of and setting up of the codes i found easier in using ESPhome,. I also like the native api of esphome, integration with HA and i don’t have to worry about Broadlink changing anything

Hey everyone, this has become one of my favourite threads as a fellow Aussie it’s a nightmare finding certified products (let alone at a decent price).

I’m building a house and want to install all smart switches that work with Home Assistant, without a lot of tinkering - from this thread I’ve picked up:

Any others I should look at, or any recommendations on how to integrate the above options?

@sparkydave you mentioned you had tried these and changed, any reason why and what’s better?

Seeing as the arteor netatmo stuff is just zigbee my assumption is that it would use the standard zigbee switch protocol.

If you went with zigbee2mqtt I’d think you could just add a template to that which would support it, it does have a led on the front that can be toggled which might be a bit more trial and error to figure out the commands to change that, if you happened to buy the netatmo hub you would be able to sniff the zigbee traffic and figure out the commands needed.

Otherwise it seems like the aeotech zwave devices are the cheaper and easier way to go

I haven’t used either of those products, I use Z-Wave switches and dimmers and install them behind Clipsal 4000 series pushbuttons

I tried to get stuck into flashing them the other night but then realised that the USB Serial - TTL converter I hastily bought doesn’t support anything newer than Windows 7 :man_facepalming: So I’m considering firing up a RPi and trying to use it with that…

1 Like

Sonoff Mini looks promising for lights with existing wall switches. Similar to aeotec z-wave switches but way cheaper (USD $10) and uses wifi of course.

Here’s Dr Zzs walkthrough on the mini including flashing Tasmota which can be done OTA - no soldering or serial flashing required (although it’s still an option).

Presumably a local importer will eventually get AU certification for the mini. Then expect to pay AUD $50 or so.

Noticed this on the Sonoff Mini product page:

The antenna has strong electricity inside, do not break the wire jacket.

I’m no sparky but that doesn’t sound great.

Sounds like jinglish/chinglish to me… just poor translation. 240v inside device not specifically antenna is my guess.