Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Sounds like a question for ikuu.

I pre-empt their response to be “you need to be using the Ikuu hub”.

Haha yeah probably.

Have you tried it with z2m and have the same result?

I haven’t tried z2m.

The only thing that sort of comes to mind might be that ZHA is overriding the medium setting somehow when you switch it physically…

Not really electrical related, but given this is the aussie thread :wink:

has anyone heard of/used emerald smoke alarms ?
These are interconnected, and there is a wifi interface to use a smart phone app
https://emerald-ems.com.au/smoke-alarms/

Don’t forget SAAA are not the only certification agency :slight_smile:

Fair point. In any case only the 3 plugs appear to have an explicit statement about SAA/RCM certification unless I’ve missed others (I checked a few items but did not go through the entire list). So it’s always good practice to check with any seller if the particular product one is interested in is properly certified for use here.

I’m up for new smoke alarms shortly so I asked this mob about a way to talk to Home Assistant.

The reply was:

Our Emerald Alarms are closed source to the EMS App. However, we are looking at developing the EMS App to allow other Zigbee enabled devices to access the EMS API.

It is interesting that they are Zigbee, other wireless interconnected ones I have had were 433Mhz.

Interesting
So zigbee for them to communicate together and to the wifi dongle or something :confused:

I would say the “SafeLink” product is the bridge.

If they are zigbee there is a good chance you could add them to zigbee2mqtt…?

haven’t tried the new bunnings one with local tuya ?

No I haven’t.

I have a couple of the brilliant ones that I have flashed a year or two ago still going.

I had an arlec powerboard from bunnings that suffered a similar fate as what someone else posted on the bunnings website. Melted mosfet or similar.

I have a single arlec extension cord which lives still. That is flashed too… Although I think I hand flashed that.

Worth checking out, very easy to setup. And the plugs are 20 bucks, you could have 10 for what you paid for two (not that I care what you spend lol).

I had a few of the old big white Arlec ones that I had flashed, stuffed a few along the way trying to flash them as well. The local tuya path is easy.

I have a few local tuya lights, not really keen to pull them apart to flash.

Actually got a couple wiz lights the other day from bunnings. They work quite nicely. They integrate without signing up for the app. I would get a few more of those, before local tuya ones.

A kettle also, although I just flashed that because local tuya was being annoying with it.

yeah thats a step too far for me lol - whats the use case? convince me!

It’s my favourite device honestly. I have widget on my home screen. Boil the kettle before I get there.

1 Like

Got a link?