Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

can you please link to the Hive Mind YT channel? The Hive Mind that comes up in my search doesn’t appear to be related to home automation

Search for Hive Mind Automation

got it now - thanks

Can anyone recommend an electrician in Melbourne for some simple installs?
I’ve got a smart dimmer I’d like to have installed to replace an existing light switch, not keen on DIY.

Thanks for the plug.

I’m looking into the possibility of some kind of community forum.

In person meetings might be challenging at first, but there’s a good chance I’ll be spinning up a Discord Server in the not too distant future for people to collaborate and meet.

3 Likes

Thanks for the plug!

3 Likes

I reported the problem to ZHA, [BUG] TS0002 by _TZ3000_fbjdkph9, 2 gang light switch, when either switch to turn off/on by ZHA both do the same action · Issue #2272 · zigpy/zha-device-handlers · GitHub

I been giving a solution that seems to work.

There are two local tuya out there. LocalTuya and TuyaLocal both in HACS.
The last one is newer, and was promoted by the bearder tinker OMG - Tuya local HACS integration for Tuya devices in Home Assistant - YouTube, I tried on my backup parallel HA system which I’ll be switch over at some point (once I create a new dashboard). I had no problems, having added about 25 tuya devices, mostly Deta switches and power points, arlec power boards, a couple of ceiling fans. etc.
I still intend to reflash to esphome what I can, but with this working I might not bother…

Hey guys!

I recently picked up one of these Arlec FL052HA Security Flood Light - Revision 0721.

Would love to know if there is any possibility to use it with, ideally ESPHome.

What are my options with it?

Thanks!

Try cracking it open to see what microcontroller is in there. Worst case scenario you could hopefully chip-swap it and then run ESPhome.

Yea, im guessing that would only be possible if its the same blueprint as a ESP32 or something right.

Whats the deal with tuya-convert? Is that project dead? I see there has been no updates on the github for a few years now?

I’m over trying to convert this crap, I always end up with stuff in the bin because there is no port for it.

Have wasted so much money.

Eh? Do you mean footprint? ie: pin locations? Not an issue, this can be managed.

Basically Tuya coded their chips to prevent Tuya-Convert from working, then later swapped to non-ESP chips altogether.

Try https://docs.libretuya.ml/ as posted here by MuzzaM a few days ago. Looks quite promising.

Research the current state of play before you buy?

1 Like

Trusted sources of information in this space are difficult to discern for those who have not grown up with this stuff.

That’s true. I certainly feel I learnt the hard way.

But after enough mistakes/frustration, I learnt;) Because it was easier to learn than to continue to fail;)

Now the frequency and severity of my failures have improved.

1 Like

Hi All,
Could any one please advise me is this is Australian certified or abide with standards?
I got all my Fronius sensor data and mapped in HA. only thing I need main grid and also, for the Ovan, Aircon etc.
I got a 4 Channel current sensor CT clamps ready to go, how ever changed my mind buying this wifi and fix it , easy go?
Any one living in Perth , give me a good sparky, but knows HA is good.
Thanls

https://www.egglec.com.au/contact-us
He does the YouTube videos and is in Perth.

Thanks mate

That device looks to be WiFi not Zigbee.

Hi All,

I’ve ready the last four(ish) months in this thread and it’s amazing.

I’m doing a second story build and have a clean slate on the smart lighting for the top level and looking for advice from this group.

From what I’ve read this group seems to lean in two directions for a fresh install:

1. Shelly Wifi Devices paired with a momentary switch (eg. Those available on OzSmartThings), cost adds up pretty quickly per unit

2. Go with the Mercator Ikuu units and matching faceplates as needed, slightly higher overall price (Mercator Ikuu SSWM | Smart Single Switch Mechanism | Zigbee)

Also curious about these from OzSmartThings:

Wondering if anyone has tried them.

My experience so far, I’ve had Aeotec Zigbee gear in a previous house with stateless switches (worked great but it was insanely expensive about 4 years ago).

This house I retrofitted the Shelly range (on/off and dimmers) behind existing walls which have rocker switches which works fast, very reliable too but the rockers aren’t great (I might upgrade these depending on what I do here).

I’d love something that dims intuitively. Whilst we won’t have a lot that will need to dim, we always go back to home assistant to manage dimming.

Bonus notes: I already have a heap of zigbee devices on ConBee II stick so happy with wifi or Zigbee (both networks are super reliable throughout my house).

Would love people’s thoughts/guidance