Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

nah, just flux core solder. I tinned the wire pins first, tinned the PCB pads and then just carefully tacked them on. Unfortunately in my haste to get them off after successfully flashing, I had a crack at simply breaking them off… tore two of the PCB tracks :roll_eyes: luckily I can now flash updates OTA.

I’m rubbish at soldering, which is why I asked. I tried something similar with another light I was playing around with and stuffed the contact pads, so couldn’t do anything with it. :expressionless:

I’m thinking some flux might help me, god knows I need it.

So glad it’s not just me! Sends me into a cold sweat. Soldered some header pins on a few sensors… that was so fun. It’s a bloody miracle they even work.

1 Like

A good iron and a desk mount magnifier helps. Other than that it’s like anything, practice, practice, practice.

And in my case jewellers’ glasses…

1 Like

Not to thread hijack but this seems to have turned in to a general Aussie thread so I just wanted to let people know I’m planning a Meetup in Sydney in a few weeks, if you can make it that’s sick

If I have any left Ill probably give away some Poe touchscreens too

3 Likes

Damn, that’s a neat screen.

Which model is that - just googling now to see whether this will work better than the shitty old Samsung Tab 7.0 I’ve been persisting with…

Interested too. I couldn’t find any pricing or screen resolution details.

They’re old meeting room screens. Find my other thread if you want one. They’re Poe but they can’t handle the HA UI

1 Like

I can confirm the single Arlec Grid Connect sockets (Model PC189HA) also contain the TYWE2S as above.

Won’t be attempting to flash them though, they are for another house that will just use the stock app.

Has anyone used this dimmer module from Brilliant?

https://www.brilliantsmart.com.au/smart-products/electrical/smart-jupiter-2/

I’ve found them at tradezone.com.au for $52 + GST, wondering if they’re Tuya based or not?

Interesting. They don’t have external switch connections like the Sonoff/Shelly ones, so if you switch off the wall switch you lose power completely.

“The smart dimming module will remember what dimming levels are selected when the light is turned off and on via app. If power is disconnected this will be reset to 100%”

For this reason (and not wanting to clog up wifi any further) I’d rather spend a little more and get a z-wave dimmer which does have local control input

Yeah, I’ve got half a dozen of the Aeotec devices (combination of dimmers and dual switches) waiting for a sparky. Picked up at a reasonable discount ages ago.

Although I bought a 6 gang Saturn Zen wallplate before I realised I could have retrofitted Impress buttons into the C2000 plates I already have, or even just used the normal switches :roll_eyes:

Can you post how you go? I really want to flash 4 of these I picked up from Aldi. Need to emulate your screwdriver mod first though as the screw is in a super annoying place. Or maybe 3D print a screwdriver? Do you know what firmware you will put on if the flashing works?

Hey mate… No luck sorry. I think our best bet is to get them supported under the Tuya intergrations. Perhaps someone smarter than I can get it sorted. They use a Tuya WR3 chip which is ARM based i think.
https://docs.tuya.com/docDetail?code=K8uhkbxc5bqj7

I havent had a chance to persue it any further.

Ah bummer. Thanks for trying and managing to get the board out. Let’s hope someone smart figures out a way to remove the Chinese cloud dependence. I’ll look into integrations via that in the meantime. Hopefully someone will release Zigbee ones eventually.

Some good news on an update to Tuya-Convert to address the firmware change. This might mean we can get onto the Arlec Grid plugs (currently $17.50 at Bunnings), newer version Brilliant plugs, plus Zemismart lights etc.

Someone has reported that the updated version already works on Brilliant plugs that have the newer firmware (of which I have 4) so I may be able to test.

1 Like

@digiblur looked into it in his live stream just the other day …

Great news, I just managed to flash the newer version Brilliant plugs I purchased from Office Works (SM1219 on the back label) that would not work with previous Tuya-convert.

Might head down to Bunnings today to pick up a single and double Arlec Grid plug to see if they work. Anyone else with them already, you can try this on a RPi3;

git clone https://github.com/M4dmartig4n/tuya-convert.git
cd tuya-convert
./install_prereq.sh

Once everything is updated, you can proceed. I had an issue with the SSL dependencies not coming down, someone helped me out with this. Maybe just run it anyways to ensure you get it, or skip this and come back to it if you need it.

sudo pip3 install paho-mqtt pyaes tornado git+https://github.com/M4dmartig4n/sslpsk.git pycrypto

./start_flash.sh
curl http://10.42.42.42/flash3

@sparkydave you can try this on the remainder of your Zemismart lights…

2 Likes