Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

I’m new to this forum, but have been progressively kitting out my place with various home automations over the last year or so. I have a Rasperry Pi that I use to run Homebridge, and mainly powerpoint adaptors by Xiami (I know they are dodgy to use in Australia). I have started trying to make my setup a bit more legit, and have started with the Arlec GRIDconnect candle lamps from Bunnings. (These bad-boys - https://www.bunnings.com.au/arlec-smart-4w-380lm-warm-white-ses-candle-globe-with-grid-connect_p0111507 )

They are all set up and running as per the instructions in the box and I’m interested to know how I can link them into Homebridge. (Ultimately so I can just say “Hey Siri, turn on the lights”)

Has anyone got experience with this model device? I think it’s based on ESP8266 but that’s about all I know. :slight_smile:

Hi @thecubical.
Daniel can i just confirm you managed to successfully flash the Smart Jupiter Dimmer Connector? is that correct?
If so did you use Tuya Convert or Manual flash?
One last question, where do you purchase these dimmers from?

cheers
Bruce

They will most likely be the same as all the other bulbs about, can be flashed with Tuya Convert 2.0. you’ll just need to play around with the pinouts in the Tasmota settings to work out which pins control brightness, color, relay for on/off etc.

Trial and error.

Trying to find a place in NZ that sells these, however I don’t think their is one. Hopefully their is a online place in Australia?

but maybe you can change effects too hmm

Hey all!

Im hosting another meetup in Sydney, should be a good time!

November 15th in the Microsoft store, would love to see some faces there!

1 Like

yes with TuyaConvert, I bought them when JD Lighting had its 40% off sale, Ive since seen them at most AUS lighting shops albeit higher priced.

If youre willing to roll the dice with certified devices you can find the exact same ones on ebay but the certification is questionable (even though it is the exact hardware)

Thanks Daniel. I am moving all my switches to Certified Devices just to be safe and compliant. So these Brilliant Dimmers are certified, is that correct?
cheers

I have been looking for ways to automate my reverse cycle samsung aircon but cant find any. Anyone got any ideas? Even if I want to replace the whole thing, which system do you guys think is best for automating and integrating into homeassistant. please let me know. Thanks in advance.

edit: sorry, my current system is 7kw Samsung reverse cycle Ducted system. It only has a wall mounted remote.

I believe so, they list https://www.brilliantsmart.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/SDC00539-GU10.pdf on their site under SDOC, not sure if thats correct or not.

I’m banking on the fact so many of the lighting shops are selling these now that they should be ok, that and other sellers have gotten approval on their own.

what type of remote, IR?

If you flash them then technically they are not compliant anymore

Many units have a set of interface terminals at the internal unit (in your roof) which allow for basic control such as on/off using a set of contacts. ie: a relay controlled by an ESP8266

1 Like

that sounds great. do you have any links for such projects? thanks.

its wall mounted wired remote. not IR/RF

No, you would need to first see if your A/C has such terminals. If it does, look into ESPhome. All you would need is a Wemos D1 mini and a relay board. Plenty of instructions on the ESPhome website

I automated my ducted daikin with an intesisbox device that acts like a wall controller.

For Samsung it looks like there has been some work done for the MIM-H03 WiFi controller. Might be worth looking into that.

As much as I like to diy build electronics, I think the extra money was worth it for ac control.

1 Like

I believe that you can control (almost) any unit with REST API using my component.
Of course you have to have some token or another way for authentication;-)

1 Like

what component?

The one linked 2 posts above. It does however require the A/C unit to have an IP based controller. So far we don’t know what @cpuram has so it may not be compatible

1 Like