Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

I’ve been thinking of making this for the sole purpose of using as a universal flashing platform rather than hooking it up to an oscilloscope like Jonathan does. https://youtu.be/qH2_WdWDtvQ
It will save some time soldering (but will take some time to make)

Good to know the pads are accessible.

Yeah as someone notorious for rushing and not turning off equipment when attaching test probes and occasionally shorting things out I have been looking at that with interest.

I have the hs110. But of course it takes up too much room. So just looking for where i can plug in two side by side. I have been looking at right anfgled power boards but still not sure if the plug would fit under the hs110… Pain!

Thanks mate! I must have missed it when i scrolled up

OK, keen to hear how you get on after a firmware update.

I hate to cross pollinate threads but just wondering if anyone in this thread might have the know-how to help get the Genio christmas lights fully functioning with either Tasmota or ESPhome as per the discussions over here. I’ll just link this once, continue discussions in that thread. Really hoping to get all the stock effects and controls across to ESPhome / Tasmota if possible. Nic has made some progress but not enough for me to ditch the stock firmware yet.

I got one of these when it was on special. It flashed ota with tuya convert v2.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Multiple-Protector-Outlets-Schedule-Compatible/dp/B07TK1X94F/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=wifi+power+board&qid=1575244002&sr=8-1

I need help configuring it. It works great through home assist, but now when i press the power button, only the first GPO turns on instead of everything. I know i need a tasmota rule but i dont know what the rule should be…

Look for a similar one here
https://blakadder.github.io/templates/sm-s0301-us.html
Sorry, Here

thanks, went and picked up some for $70 at my local aldi. flashed easy with tuya covert2… now just need to work out how to get them where i want with no convenient powerpoint

Is the general consensus that the Brilliant fan controller is working well now with the newer Tasmota MCU firmware?

I have just had a new ceiling fan fitted that has the 4 pin molex plug (no light) with 3 speed wall dial, and would like to know if those who have it think it is worth getting? @sparkydave @thecubical @exxamalte

Another couple of questions;

1. Can it function without the supplied wall plate? I would like to leave the wall dial in place switched on 3 (high) always and control via HA. Will the SS relay cause any issue here?
2. Will it work to only control the fan being that I have no light? I assume it can.

Thanks in advance.

I have been running a v7 development build which is working fine. I yet have to upgrade to the latest official v7 build.

Also, unfortunately I found that the latest configuration that I posted above currently does not let me change the fan speed via HA, i.e. I have low/medium/high controls in HA, but the fan is always at the same speed. Changing speed via the wall plate remote control still works fine, so I assume something is wrong in my HA fan configuration or the rules in Tasmota.

I doubt that this fan controller would work with an existing behind-the-wall capacitor in place. Why don’t you replace the dial with an on-off switch?

Yes, the Brilliant controller has a separate output for the light. Fan and light can be controlled independently.

Thanks for the reply.

I had considered this, however, I would like to maintain the swap-ability of just having the module in place at the fan, then when I sell my house in the not too distant future, I can easily remove it. Changing out the switch adds another layer, but something I might have to do.

The fan controller itself is fairly generic in terms of connections, so if you sell your house you could replace it with a cheap non-smart fan controller. I bought my house with one of those, and now replaced it with a smart controller :slight_smile:

Great suggestion, I might just do that. :+1:

1 Like

I think you’ll find that’s a hardware issue, I have the same powerboards and the button was only turning on the first GPO even with the stock firmware before flashing to esphome.

You do need a Tasmota rule, I had the same thing on the Arlec Dual switch from Bunnings. Once you enable the setting in Tasmota, 1 click activates on/off on relay 1, double click activates on/off on relay 2.

I think if you run this in console, it enables the multiple button presses.

SetOption1

Not a fan of the pre-wired connections on the z-wave devices. I much prefer screw terminals.

Alright, I can confirm that my issue was indeed related to a misconfiguration, in this case Rule1 was not posting to the correct topic. After fixing this, speed control works as expected.

I just upgraded my fan controller to Tasmota v7.1.1 and the same configuration that I used with the V7 development build works perfectly fine.

1 Like

That’s OK, you just unscrew the breakout leads…consider them an option.

Thanks, except the power board has 5 outputs… So that would take all day to turn things on and off.