Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

I just bought some of these Arlec Grid Connect Smart 9W RGB+CCT LED Downlight and was hoping to tuya-convert them without any luck they have a new TYWE5P tuya chip.

As the chip is easily accessible as the electronics are in a separate unit to the light I want to try to flash them via serial FTDI adaptor. But have had no luck getting them into flashing mode.

Has anyone work with this chip or do they know how I can do this?

Thanks

What have you tried, and what happened? IIRC “flashing mode” is just pulling GPIO0 to ground during boot. Are you getting an error from the serial link?

Note that the tuya-convert flashing mode thingie where you switch it off and on a million times kill a chook and do a dance only relates to over-the-air flashing.

Hey All,

Odd one for you:
I flashed some Genio LED strips with Tasmota and threw them into HA.

If I turn them off via the UI, the HA switch turns back on a couple of seconds later. The actual light remains off.

With this new magical ‘on’ state, it can take a few toggles to actually get the lights to turn on again.

Perhaps I’m missing a tasmota SetOption?

Cheers,

Linton

I have tried
Gpio0 by its self
Rst by its self
Rst 2-3 seconds release then gpio0 2-3 seconds then release
I Even removed the chip on a unit in case the mcu was interfering with the serial communication.

I get giberish out of the serial terminal on all baud rates.

Maybe I fried it?

Hi @sparkydave Thanks! Do you mean that potentially more shellys could fit inside a clipsal 56 series?
I need about 6 GPOs that need to be remotely controlled (2 x Pool LEDs, 2 x SPA jets, and some PSUs for garden lighting) so trying to work out the better option here.

Re mounting the momentary switch in the enclosure, you mean to drill the top of the enclosure to mount the button and permanently leave the GPO switch ON?

Why not get a waterproof box and put a controllable multibox in there?

EDIT like this https://www.mitre10.co.nz/shop/masterplug-weatherproof-power-box-345-x-210-x-125mm/p/270766 (I am sure Bunnings have something similar)

EDIT2 Similar at Bunnings https://www.bunnings.com.au/excalibur-6-outlet-outdoor-safety-box_p4360215

Has anyone manage to connect ALDI Cocoon indoor camera to home assistant? It does NOT come with any default password and only port 6668 is open once it is configured by its Cocoon Connect App. I was hopping I can configure it via ONVIF.

Has anyone had a go at tuya converting these? Particularly, the 800 LED Bud Lights for $40 seems like a decent price.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/arlec-smart-800-led-bud-lights-with-grid-connect_p0180229

Just came across these sonoff switches.
Any chance they’ll get Aus certification?
https://www.itead.cc/sonoff-zbmini-zigbee-smart-switch.html

Itead have shown little to no interest in getting their gear certified in the past, so can’t see it being any different now. There is a mob somewhere in AUS that is getting some Sonoff stuff in, and getting it certified and re-selling, but, the cost is not great from what I remember.

Well that’s disappointing.
Thanks for the reply

I think the best BFYB now would be the certified Shelly in-walls. I’m not keen on using Zigbee or Z-Wave for essential stuff like lights and switches, personal preference. I have found WiFi + MQTT to be almost bulletproof.

2 Likes

No dimming though, right?

It seems like they are pushing a lot of their stuff through for certification, so I’d say it won’t be long.

1 Like

I don’t mean to drill the actual outlet enclosure, there are bungs that go in the unused conduit entries which could be drilled.
Yes, you would leave the outlet switch on and control via the momentarily button or via HA.
Since you have so many you want to control in the same location you are probably better off going with an enclosure for all instead

Hi Nick,
Thats what a run now, a arlec wifi powerboard in exactly that enclousre.
The wifi signal is not great, despite the unit being relatively close to my unifi AP.
Ive seen the powerboard be unavailable often and want a better setup

Thanks Dave - got it. I ordered a couple of those NLS wide single GPO enclosures and some shelly 2.5s tonight. I’ll get it all mounted up on a new backplate ready for a sparky to wire it all up.

I guess I got lucky on my signal path or choice of powerboard :wink:

I do follow this thread, but it is hard to keep track of what is available.

I am after a GPO (ie power point) with wifi and power monitoring. Preferable double (ie accommodating two plugs) with separate monitoring for each. Flashable with tasmota/esphome.

10A, New Zealand standards are the same as AU.

Does such a thing exist?

This is being sold in AUS, but can not confirm it’s cert. Maybe you could do some checking to see if it is?

Looks to be the same as this

1 Like