Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

I use momentary switches. There is a setting within the aeotec to change between toggle and momentary switches though, just check you have them setup correctly.

OK thanks, I might just switch to momentary.
Your not in Sydney by any chance?

Yeah, battery gear is fine since you don’t have to worry about Aus compliance. As for switches and dimmers… need to pay that Australia tax to get certified gear or take the risk. Spewing that the frequencies are different too becuase there are far more choices in other countries

1 Like

Nah, Perth

These are the one I use, work flawlessly.

1 Like

Does anyone know if/how they would integrate? Locally without the cloud.

From Discover on Google https://ausdroid.net/2019/06/19/youll-never-guess-australias-cheapest-shop-for-google-home-mini-and-smart-switches/

Combined with Tuya-convert this is a super cheap option at $15 for a wifi plug

1 Like

Now I need to head back to Bunnings and get more to add to my stash. :man_facepalming:

Yes, use OpenMQTTGateway from here. Can be flashed to a Sonoff RF Bridge, Arduino or ESP board. Very cheap hardware and works locally over WiFi using MQTT. Rock solid in my house.

1 Like

Did you use tuya convert for the kogan plugs?
I have failed twice so far to mine to flash using tuya convert. They get to the upload and never reset or respond again.

Have flashed at least 6 tuya devices so far successfully so not sure what I am doing wrong.

I have two more to get it right. The first two failures will have to be opened up to flash.

I did, posted my code above. Worked fine on 4 of them so far, will prob do the 4 I have this weekend

Sorry, I was referring to the Kogan light bulbs. Since they are already wifi, why would I need the OpenMQTTGateway? I think I am missing something here…

I didn’t see what you were referring too as there was no quote of the original post, so assumed it was about my most recent post. My bad.

The light bulbs should be able to be flashed in the same way as the plugs, the only issue will be getting all of the settings correct in Tasmota for each RBG to be controlled.

This site shows settings for the White Kogan bulb once flashed, and also has settings for the Mirabella RBG bulb, which may also work for the Kogan RGB bulb.

I’ve just purchased a 4 pack of the E27 RGBW bulb to test, will report back after I receive them and have a play around.

1 Like

Do your have any fans, if so how do you set them up with zwave and clipsals 4000?

@sparkydave would you think this is Aus compliant based on the markings on the light? It doesn’t have RCM tick, but has every other one under the sun. I would be interested in giving them a try.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Zemismart-Downlight-Control-Assistant-Automation/dp/B07DNTZMZG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Zemismart+4+inch&qid=1561249126&s=gateway&sr=8-11

It’s also available on Aliexpress for half the price.

Some of the Zemismart is certified for Australia.

You would need the model number. The best thing is to email them and ask for a copy of the certificate.

I did for their Zigbee switches.

https://www.zemismart.com/

Has anyone done any work with the Vivitar HA-1007-AU Powerboard. I used tuya-convert and have most of it mapped however struggling to finish it off. Haven’t started playing with ESPhome as yet, that is my next step

They are available from many places including Kogan.

Does anyone know of an AU certified smart plug which is zigbee based please?

I don’t have my fans connected to HA yet

It looks like they do have certification, here

However I didn’t get a result when searching that cert number here