Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Still waiting on a reply back Zemismart to confirm compliance. Its seems the SAA cert was issued 4 weeks ago, so might be showing on the site yet?

If its complies, I will pick one up for testing purposes.

http://www.australiansafetyapproval.com/certificate/192017/

Here is the approval @sparkydave. Does this qualify?

Should be good. I was stupidly searching on the wrong approvals site :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Was at the Bunnings Trade Expo yesterdayā€¦ some interesting push by some of the Exhibitors into home automation. Brilliant wasnā€™t there - Arlec was there with a range named Grid Connect.

They said their server was in Germany so Iā€™m thinking theyā€™re Tuya based. They had a range of other products which they said are a few weeks away (light bulbs, extension cords, wall switches which look like the usual Tuya ones and also doorbells and some downlights).

HPM had some Netatmo switches which are Zigbee based. They looked quite good.
https://hpm.com.au/switches-sockets/indoor/arteor-with-netatmo/

Yale had their alarm and their locks on display. The new slimline lock looks nice from outside. They also said there will be a Bunnings exclusive Zigbee only lock coming into stores? They also suggested some August doorbells maybe coming out at some stage? Lots of push into home automation out there which is nice to see.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be interested to see pricing for these. Thanks for sharing

Great stuff, thanks for sharing.

It will come down to pricing on a lot of this gear. If we get slugged the usual ā€œAustraliaā€ tax, it wonā€™t be super appealing.

Keen to see this and the pricing. Iā€™m half way through an electric lock with battery back up using a sonoff SV as the switch at the moment.

Having some wall switch and powerpoint options available again since the departure of WeMo will be great to see and hopefully they will all force the pricing down on each other to be competitive.

1 Like

I went to Bunnings today and saw the Arlec Grid Connect range. Looks nice.

They also had single and 4 packs of the plugs.
I bought the Twin Socket (top in the picture) and tried TuyaConvert but had no luck. Any oher suggestion on how to ā€œattackā€ this?

Unfortunately, I canā€™t open the unit, as it uses some special triangle screws. Oh well, maybe go back to Bunnings to get a screwdriver :slight_smile:

BTW, the single plug was about $25, my TwinSocket was $50. Not cheap!

There was another Arlec Wifi range as well, not Grid Connect, maybe that is another optionā€¦

Thanks heaps for pointing these out @sparkydave

My first go at Tuya convert and I flashed 8 of these no problem. My first go at the ESPhome API too. Colour me impressed. I like the way each device gets itā€™s own integration rather than lumping them all in the one mqtt integration. Much easier to manage device changes. I have a lot of sensors I now want to move over from mqtt.
The only change I made to your config was to add a bit of average filtering to the sensors to reduce their excessive chattiness.

- sliding_window_moving_average:
    window_size: 10
    send_every: 10
    send_first_at: 1

Iā€™m going to order more in case they get firmware patched.

My lights arrived yesterday, flashed easily with tuya-convert, and loaded Tasmota no problems. My issue now is I have no idea how to assign the correct values to the light.

I tried the Mirabella RGBW bulb settings, as well as a couple of others, listed here, but with no success.

The best I could get was a slider for brightness, which worked, and a slider for color temp (white value), which didnā€™t work.

I have not yet been able to work out how to get the RGB settings up in Tasmota. Any ideas?

I would be willing to donate a bulb to someone (in Aus) who knows how to obtain the correct values if that would be helpful.

@kanga_who, go the esphome route mate, easy as.
the cookbook has working configs for them

https://esphome.io/cookbook/mirabella-genio-bulb.html

I have the Kogan bulbs, and have tried the Mirabella Tasmota settings, which do not work, so assume that would be the same for ESPhome?

Sorry mate my mistake i thought they were the mirabella bulbs.

FYI for others, i bought some of the Wiz branded bulbs from Bunnings, these are not Tuya based but their own platform (taolight). Unless you open them up and solder wires for flashing they canā€™t be integrated, I did open 2 up , destroyed screw fitting on one but they can be flashed with tasmota and esphome, the other has solid resin in it which made it impossible to extract to add wires to it

Thinking about seeing if i can make some sort of jig with pogo pins so i can place on top of the esp-wroom-02 to flash, but thats another day

1 Like

I bought 2 of the Zemismart 4" downlights and flashed them with ESPhome. Very happy with the quality of the lights and they dont even get warm. Found that they worked a lot better in Home Assistant with ESPhome rather than Tasmota, with Tasmota I was getting a weird switching issueā€¦tried to fix it but in the end just used ESPhome. Bargain at $37 each delivered! If anyone wants the esphome yaml let me know.

1 Like

Maybe add the config to the esphome cookbook

1 Like

Where did you buy them from? Could please share the ESPhome code for us? Iā€™m interested in getting some. Cheers.

has anyone had any success with the Arlec Grid Connect equipment yet?

I got a heater for my en-suite and would love to get it connected to HA

Edit: So far i have managed to see that the device is communicating on port 6668 over tcp and possibly udp, i am a bit of a novice with this stuff, so if anyone is able to help that would be great.

Cheers,

Aaron

Also it looks to be using an ESP chip of some type. (i might have to pop it open to have a good look :slight_smile: )

You could try to flash it with tuya-convert and ESPhome using a base firmware to simply get it connected to wifi and HA, then you would just need to work out the I/Oā€¦ using a bit of trial and error I guess

I bought them OzBargain which pointed me here

Downlight01.yaml

1 Like

Thanks, I just bought some :slight_smile:

Although your link didnā€™t work for the code. Could you please share here?